Woman's Leg Partially Amputated, Man Arrested After Pit Bull Attack

i've had 3 pit bulls and all were out of fighting stock. They were very protective and never bit or growled at humans. If another dog got near me or my family they were caught and held until i could get them loose. They are great dogs and really getting a bad rap by the media. You make them what they are. Had a boxer 2 and that was my favorite. Have a nice day all.

well...with all these 'fake' reports I keep hearing about...seeing as how we've already been privy to a REAL, honest factual report where a Pit Bull attacked someone-
can someone SHOW a b.s'd report about some other breed of dog that attacked someone and was labeled a Pit Bull?

we keep hearing that these bogus reports exist-its easier to agree when someone can offer proof

Well aren't we in luck, here is the article from the Austin American Statesman from Monday.

Girl injured in dog attack; Woman shot downtown

CENTRAL TEXAS DIGEST

Girl injured in dog attack
COMPILED FROM STAFF REPORTS

Monday, February 09, 2009

AUSTIN

Police are investigating an incident in which a dog that they described as a pit bull terrier or bull mastiff attacked a 6-year-old girl Sunday morning in Northeast Austin.

Senior officer Dennis Farris said the attack occurred in the 3300 block of Susquehanna Lane, near the intersection of U.S. 183 and Springdale Road, shortly after 11 a.m.

The child, whose name was not released, was taken to Dell Children's Medical Center with severe injuries to her face and neck, Farris said. He said the dog, which has been impounded, belonged to the child's uncle.

Wow there is only about 100+ pounds difference between the 2 breeds...kind of easy to mix those up :moon:

Well aren't we in luck, here is the article from the Austin American Statesman from Monday.

Girl injured in dog attack; Woman shot downtown

CENTRAL TEXAS DIGEST

COMPILED FROM STAFF REPORTS

Monday, February 09, 2009

AUSTIN

Police are investigating an incident in which a dog that they described as a pit bull terrier or bull mastiff attacked a 6-year-old girl Sunday morning in Northeast Austin.

Senior officer Dennis Farris said the attack occurred in the 3300 block of Susquehanna Lane, near the intersection of U.S. 183 and Springdale Road, shortly after 11 a.m.

The child, whose name was not released, was taken to Dell Children's Medical Center with severe injuries to her face and neck, Farris said. He said the dog, which has been impounded, belonged to the child's uncle.

Wow there is only about 100+ pounds difference between the 2 breeds...kind of easy to mix those up :moon:

This is a case of media being stupid.

On another note. My brother worked in a junkyard, the owner kept 3 pit bulls and 1 cocker spaniel that his wife really wanted. Guess which one had to be put down for biting people?

The spaniel...Untrained and not under control is dangerous, not the breed. Sure maybe one breed could inflict more damage than another, but it all comes down to training and control. Even trained dogs must be supervised and controlled at all times.

I had an Alaskan Malamute. 110 lbs. He was very gentle with people. He was in 2 scuffles, both at dog parks. Even though the other dogs were the aggressor and bit my dog enough to draw blood, he was blamed for bieng a "monster". He never even put his mouth on the other dogs but he did hold them down with his front legs. Just because he is bigger and looks like a wolf (which other than some coloring they look really different from wolves). He got the blame by uninformed people.
It is sad people can't make decision for themselves and let the media of all things, think for them.

BTW, he was always great with my daughter. But, they were never left alone.

Copy (2) of DSC00964.jpg

DSC01269.jpg

As far as I'm concerned a dog that goes after it's own master or anyone for that matter for no good reason was NEVER properly raised in the 1st place. Anyone who is really into dogs knows this. I've had dogs that were trained to attack that I knew would NEVER bite anyone by mistake. Why?
Because they were trained correctly. They knew the difference between play and the real deal.They knew if you were scared of them and paid it no mind unlike fear biters. I once had an argument with a guy and we were having words back and forth. The dog just chilled as if nothing was going on till the guy ripped off his jacket and came at me. The dog went off as if someone hit the on button.
I controlled my dog and asked the guy if he was out of his mind. I said , now what the hell were you thinkin dude? You really think he was gonna just let you attack me? My point is that even tho this guy was 3 feet from me arguing the dog knew enough to to behave. It's how I trained him. He would only attack for defense and knew the difference.
ANYONE could take his food or toys away from him. Anyone could just walk in my home as long as I or anyone in my family were there. He was a big mush that was properly socialized. And yes. he was a pit bull.

Anybody has the right 2 protect thereself

pits can be lethal weapons as has been documented many times.

One comes near me I use lethal force.AFTER 1 ATTACKS IT CAN BE 2 LATE.

you might not have meant it this way but I took it as "if a pit so much as comes near, I'm guttin it" because with the addition of "after it attacks, it can be too late" you're insinuating that if one even approaches you...you're cuttin it. As for the lady, I feel terribly for her. It sucks that from now on, she won't be able to walk the same, run, do normal activities without a struggle. She's going to have nightmares of the attack and I can't express enough how bad I feel for her.

It's obvious that I'm never going to change your mind and you'll never change mine. I apologize if I have offended you in any way. One final question for you. Do you believe that any pit bull is more likely to attack a person at random than any other breed of dog? If the answer is yes, like the lady, I feel very badly for you as well. I feel bad that the world has that much influence over you.

ike-

I love the avatar bro! Very appropriate for this thread too. lol

Currently I own my first pit bull. He is 2 years old and by far the best dog I've had and I've had quite a few different kinds. He plays with puppies, dogs, people...just about the best mannered dog you could ask for. I still expect the unexpected from these dogs. Even though many are good it is in their "BLOOD" to do things other dogs do not or are incapable of doing. Seriously step back and ask yourself when was the last time you heard of a lab, or husky attacking in multiple numbers and dragging somebody off their porch!! These dogs are a liability for sure. I shot and killed one in my neighborhood when i was in high school because it attacked me more than once mowing my damn yard. I've got a cousin that teaches tennis and one of his student's little brothers was killed years ago by one playing in his little plastic yard swimming pool. As much as I love my dog sometimes I have second thoughts

Never underestimate the reaction of any animal, be it a pitbul or even a parrot, or even a HUMAN. We can only communicate so much, and the gap in between, well we should just be smart and caucious. Animals can be very spontaneous in their reactions, one minute their lying on their back being all cute and cuddly, the next they are biting or jumping up feeling threatened for no reason... and that's when it can get messy.

A 3-year-old girl is recovering from her injuries after she was bitten in the face by a neighbor's pit bull in the Mars Hill area of Indianapolis Saturday.

Rayvin Crawford has been at Methodist Hospital since the attack. Her parents told 6News' Julie Pursley that she was playing with another child in the neighbor's yard when the dog bit her.

Rayvin Crawford was carried home and taken to a hospital, where she underwent surgery and was given more than 200 stitches.

"Her face was ripped apart," said Rene Robinson, the girl's mother.

A 3-year-old girl is recovering from her injuries after she was bitten in the face by a neighbor's pit bull in the Mars Hill area of Indianapolis Saturday.

Rayvin Crawford has been at Methodist Hospital since the attack. Her parents told 6News' Julie Pursley that she was playing with another child in the neighbor's yard when the dog bit her.

Rayvin Crawford was carried home and taken to a hospital, where she underwent surgery and was given more than 200 stitches.

"Her face was ripped apart," said Rene Robinson, the girl's mother.

THATS A VERY SAD THING AND I DEARLY HOPE SHE IS GOING TO BE OK

AND WE KNOW THIS WAS A PIT BECAUSE.......OH YA THE MEDIA TOLD US AND THEY ARE ALL KNOWING I FORGOT:banghead:

A pit bull who lunged at a northwest side woman and her son was injured Sunday when a police officer shot at the stray.
The attack came as Shannon Blanchard and her teenage son were on their way to the store, authorities said.

"I'm used to stray dogs, so it didn't bother me until the dog didn't back away," Blanchard said.

Police officer shoots dog.

IPD officer Gregory Wilkes fired three shots at the dog and one bullet hit the dog's left hip.

"I was more scared than anything," said Wilkes. "I didn't want to do that, but it's a decision that had to be made."

The police said the pitbull and another dog attacked a man earlier in the day, but he was able to avoid injury by hitting the animals with a bag of videotapes.

The city of Indianapolis has received up to 100 reports of vicious dog attacks since the beginning of the year.

heres link 2 vid since you think its madeup,only 1 city could go on all day theres been like 1oo atacks from pitbulls,:mad2::rolleyes2: No one trying single them out just that there the breed thats doing it.What is more important a child or a dog?

Officer Shoots Dog That Lunged At Mother And Son - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

I was more scared than anything," said Wilkes. "I didn't want to do that, but it's a decision that had to be made

Last edited:
A pit bull who lunged at a northwest side woman and her son was injured Sunday when a police officer shot at the stray.
The attack came as Shannon Blanchard and her teenage son were on their way to the store, authorities said.

"I'm used to stray dogs, so it didn't bother me until the dog didn't back away," Blanchard said.

Police officer shoots dog.

IPD officer Gregory Wilkes fired three shots at the dog and one bullet hit the dog's left hip.

"I was more scared than anything," said Wilkes. "I didn't want to do that, but it's a decision that had to be made."

The police said the pitbull and another dog attacked a man earlier in the day, but he was able to avoid injury by hitting the animals with a bag of videotapes.

The city of Indianapolis has received up to 100 reports of vicious dog attacks since the beginning of the year.

heres link 2 vid since you think its madeup,only 1 city could go on all day theres been like 1oo atacks from pitbulls,:mad2::rolleyes2: No one trying single them out just that there the breed thats doing it.What is more important a child or a dog?

Officer Shoots Dog That Lunged At Mother And Son - Indiana News Story - WRTV Indianapolis

I was more scared than anything," said Wilkes. "I didn't want to do that, but it's a decision that had to be made

and i could copy and post pages of these reports as well
Canine Mistaken Identity Claim | WNCT

I said I wasn't going to post up aymore but I just can't help it.

WHAT DON'T YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND?? This breed happens to be the pound for pound "champion" in all categories for all breeds. It's a sound investment for criminals to get their hands on these dogs and over breed them and train them to be killing machines. They're not training poodles to kill because they're weak dogs...it would be a waste of time. There are good pits. There are bad pits. Same with EVERY breed. Yes, even your lovely goldens!!!! I can't even think straight anymore to remember my next point...

yeah all these examples are exactly what I'm talking about....its wild how these animals can do that. The story about the girl with 200 stitches to her face is the worst. I never let my dog around any children just because of the fact that this is possible and a child has no chance to protect themselves from an animal like this.

pic of my puppy, I said he was 2 but hes actually 1 year and 9 months
blademan.jpg

I have to secure these animals all the time and it worries me each time that I might get injured. These dogs are powerful. Most I deal with have a length of log chain attached to them. Log chains aren't wimps. Never had a problem to this date. We are not trained for this and nor do we have the proper equipment but the public wants the animal removed.

yeah I don't see the need to have such a "Bad ass" dog. What the fun in owning one of those...you have to walk around with 10 feet chain and they just try to drag you around everywhere not to mention you look like 50Cent out there walking your dog. If I wanted something badass and mean I would just go get a freaking Tiger

yeah I don't see the need to have such a "Bad ass" dog. What the fun in owning one of those...you have to walk around with 10 feet chain and they just try to drag you around everywhere not to mention you look like 50Cent out there walking your dog. If I wanted something badass and mean I would just go get a freaking Tiger

Wow, you know what assuming does. I use a thin leash not a chain, and mine is an angel on the leash. She stops at intersections and sits for people when they come close just so she can get petted.

There is also no chance of me looking like 50 cent since I am short, white, and bald. But you must know more about me than I do.

Thanks for filling me in:thumbsup:

Back