Wolf puppies..........

Big enough?

images.jpg

Dogs have been breed to serve man for 15 million years,
At times you think your dog can understand every word.
If you really want a companion get a dog, Not a wolf...
Yes a wolf is a dog and a dog is a wolf, But there is a BIG difference
one has millions of years of breeding to SERVE man,,,
You can not train a wolf like a dog!
Not sure about Hybrid's, Never tried to train one or been around one....
Mike

I hope you are cut out for it. Wolf hybrids don't make great pets due to them being at least half wild animal; and far to many wind up getting killed or put down. IMO, near wolf hybrids make bed pets.

Dogs have been breed to serve man for 15 million years,
At times you think your dog can understand every word.
If you really want a companion get a dog, Not a wolf...
Yes a wolf is a dog and a dog is a wolf, But there is a BIG difference
one has millions of years of breeding to SERVE man,,,
You can not train a wolf like a dog!
Not sure about Hybrid's, Never tried to train one or been around one....
Mike

Very well put, that's the major problem with wolf hybrids. They don't have that inbred desire to serve/love humans like dogs do. And other people see them as wolves, not dogs.

just remember she's a hybrid and treat her as such. when she gets big, your aussies might catch a major ass whoopin. just something to watch out for.

First let me say that this one cute puppy. Now with that being said this pup looks to be more Malamute than anything. My brother used to breed hybred wolves. I myself has 3 of the puppies from his litters. They were the most intelligent aminals I have ever owned. Very easy to train. Never had a problem with them being aggressive with people or other animals. Like Mr. Brown said any animal can be made to be aggressive, they can also be trained to be sweet, gentle additions to your family.

nice pup I like the one in back also (the black faced one)
my brother n law & sis n law have a wolf hybrid they are great with the kids and they have not had any problems, just don't go creeping around their house at night if ya know what I mean:thumbsup:

Wolves kill teacher in Alaska - KMYQ

Wolf Killed After Attack On Alaska Boy

There have been recent accounts of wolf attacks on humans. The latest one resulted in a womans death, although I would worry more about ferral dogs. I researched hybrids before I bought my first Malamute back in 1969, need to be careful of the breeder, socialization is the key. The largest Malamute I had pushed 160 lbs the pup you have is great looking and obviosly has some good breeding. Attached is a picture of my latest Malamute Zoe as a pup...looks an allot like yours!

Zoe-1.jpg

Not as tall as a Dane, by a long shot. But they are very "beefy".

I bought one several years ago from a breeder in Oregon called WOLF (Western Oregon Lobo Farm). Not sure if he is still around. He was breeding Timber and Arctic wolf mixes. Technically still pure wolf. Best animal I have ever owned. Looked like a wolf, behaved like a wolf (of course I was the Alpha male:laugh:). Only problem was digging a hole to sleep in.

Back