Grip Puppies, I did it.!!

Kaptain Kanji

Registered
Got my Grip Puppies installed. Actual installation took about 10 seconds each side. Most of the time was spent in prep and cleaning up the mess. As you can see, I wound nylon string in the throttle gap to keep soapy water from getting into it. I taped the string down with a narrow piece of electrical tape I cut. I used softsoap and water for lube and soaked the Puppies for a few minutes in hot tap water. When I installed them, I used a handkerchief to push them on over the end caps. Without the handkerchief, your hands will slip endlessly on the soapy lube..!! You'll notice I cut the Puppies off at 4 1/4 inch, with a straight edge and Exacto knife. This gives a neater cut than using scissors.
I LOVE my Grip Puppies. No more hands going numb..!! :thumbsup:

00008Fin.jpg

00007Fin.jpg

00010Fin.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats :beerchug:

I like mine as well, I noticed a big difference on my first ride after installation, I like the little bigger grips too. :thumbsup:

Yep just slide over

===================================================================

000_3539.jpg

000_3538.jpg

Hmmm i do get the numb hand thing alot, just cant decide on em, didnt wanna try em on my RR since i got the fancy harris cbr grips, the 1300's got stock grips though???

got to test mine yesterday...found they helped but you still get numb hands if you keep pressure on the bars..but the larger size fits the hands better..

only thing i would say to watch is if you are caught in a rain storm watch out because it might reactivate the soap used to put them on or after you wash your bike...

but worth the $10

hmmm might have to check these out, try hairspray when putting them on. thats what we used to use on bicycles.

got to test mine yesterday...found they helped but you still get numb hands if you keep pressure on the bars..but the larger size fits the hands better..

only thing i would say to watch is if you are caught in a rain storm watch out because it might reactivate the soap used to put them on or after you wash your bike...

but worth the $10

I seriously doubt if they'll loosen up to the point where they will slip if it rains as they fit pretty snug. Nothing wrong with trying the hairspray, it would probably work fine.
If you order them, get the small size, not the size for the gold wing. They are also cheaper than the gold wing size, which will be too big.

I seriously doubt if they'll loosen up to the point where they will slip if it rains as they fit pretty snug. Nothing wrong with trying the hairspray, it would probably work fine.
If you order them, get the small size, not the size for the gold wing. They are also cheaper than the gold wing size, which will be too big.

Maybe hit them with water then a blow drier would tighten them up to the grips? Depending on the material they are made of. Shrink them to the grips so they dont slip off.

Slipperiness aside, won't they simply soak up water like a sponge, leaving you to ride with wet gloves?

My thoughts were,

There only $10

Didnt have to mod anything to install them, If I dont like them easy to take off.

As for now I like them, Not sure what will happen if and when they get wet but if I dont like the outcome, ( snip snip ) and there off.

Thanks for the link. I have been looking for somewhere to buy these for a couple of years now. Pappy has them on his bike and I liked them. I just placed my order, hope they get here before the weekend so I can try them out. :)

Back