Windscreen vibration

flybybusa

Rider formerly known as wingding
Donating Member
Registered
My zerogravity windscreen sounds like it is vibrating against the fairing. I'm a new busa owner and am not familiar with fairing removal and installation. I'm guessing I can take it apart and make sure the plastic connectors are tight...thinking i could add a dab of clear silicone in a few hidden places. Good idea? Bad idea? better idea?

I just replaced mine with a Puig, some of the guys recommended putting tape around the edges where it fits into the nose. Mine has not rattled yet.

I have also heard of guys finding "gravel" under the top inside pan (below the headlight, held in by 4 plastic rivets) pull the cover, dump the trash and the noise went away..

I have also heard of guys finding "gravel" under the top inside pan (below the headlight, held in by 4 plastic rivets)  pull the cover, dump the trash and the noise went away..
Thats good to know. I'm positive its the windscreen though because even the slightest bit of pressure at the attachment point and the noise goes away. I like the idea of eletrical tape as that will act as a thin removable gasket.

Stock Screen - Electrical Tape as mentioned or (like me) use some weather seal strips from the hardware store.

OEM Screen - No issues I have seen or read about the niose. I switched to the OEM DB with kanji emblem. Thick mutha.

beerchug.gif

Mine was rattleing at the nose. I took a small piece of a rag and tucked it in with the wind screen. It took care of the noise and no one knows it's there but me.

To remove the screen, just take out the two allen bolts, then pull on the screen and wiggle at the same time and the rubber fasteners will come out with the windscreen. To put back, slide in the windscreen, line up the holes and push in the rubber fasteners with the screw started for a thread or two. Lube up the rubber part first with some amorall or a little spit.

Yep electricial tape is the bomb. I've replaced 3 shields on by 2 busa's and it works every time. Price is right too!!!!

+1 I use felt tape on the windscreen,busa hump and anywhere that something hard might touch the paint. Ok, I get the felt tape from my Ford dealership. I'm a grease monkey

felt weather stripping works for me. Just apply it around the edges of the screen and reinstall and no more rattle.

I just used the soft side of velcro( the sticky kind)and stuck a few pieces around the edge of the screen and reinstalled it. Works like a charm.
By the way, all those other ideas work too
cool.gif

Back