Windscreen Vibration Fix

Jakester

Registered
So, I'm out enjoying the Busa Beast and noticed that I had a loud vibration coming from the front cowl at certain RPMs' or when I was on rough roads. After some searching, I found that the vibration was coming from where the windscreen meets the front cowl at the point nearest the headlamp. I checked all the fasteners which were in place and the torque appeared to be proper. Now, here is my quick fix:
No removal of parts was required. I went to my local medical supply store and purchased a 2 foot length of medical grade tubing that is approximately 3/16 inch in diameter. I cut the tubing to length (about 14 inches) and using a flat blade screw driver; I carefully inserted the tubing under the windscreen and pushed it into the gap between the windscreen and the front cowl. The nice thing is, the tubing is clear so you can’t see it. The tubing collapses to fill the gap between the two surfaces and holds tight, and because the tubing is vinyl it stays put. It can be removed and reinserted with ease. No vibration at all. I’m not sure if the Busa had some sort of dampener material in that location at some point. My. Busa has the original windscreen but I am not the original owner. I assume it is untouched and it might be a problem for others. If anyone would like photos, let me know.

You can also put a little black tape around the tabs before you insert the screen into the nose cowling and it will fix this issue as well.

good tip, thanks for sharing :) (luckily, this has NOT been a problem for me...yet :please:)

Back