Windscreen install

BUSAFETT

Registered
I'm trying to install my Powerbronze windscreen that I got yesterday, and one of the holes doesn't match up very well when the bolt is in the other one. Did anyone else have this issue, or make any mods? I'm thinking a dremel will allow me to enlarge the hole in the windscreen w/o cracking it.

Oh and I dropped one of those rubber grommet thingys that hold the bolt down into the faring.. So guess I'm tearing all that apart tonight.. Only me!

BUSAFETT

Make shure that the screen is tucked in to the front all the way and the holes should line right up if they dont I would get another screen. The last thing you want is it cracking and flying off as your riding!

I had a little trouble lining up 1 just took a little working it. make sure that the other bolt is as loose as can be while trying to install other side and before tighten make sure push pins line up good. Good luck finding gormet in your fairing
biggrin.gif

I bought one last week from StreetnTrack (Charles) I couldn't get mine to fit either. After looking closer I notice the entire screen on
the right side was about 1/4" wider (the grove part that fits inside the faring) so only way was to grind or return..I'm sending mine back today. But looks like another week delay. I may just buy local and not take another chance. It was the powerbronze airflow.

Guys, the powerbronze fits really tight.  It's designed that way and it provides a better fit than other screens.  Much less squeaking and wiggle room than ZG or even stock.  Take your time and I promise you will be very pleased with the end result.

Also, Busafett...try not tightening the first bolt down too tight until you get the other to fit right. Then snug them both down.

<!--EDIT|dagwood
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144337505 -->

+1 on what they said , check front to make sure it's pushed in all the way and leave both sides loose untill they're lined up .

I have a Puig and it was a little tough to get on. A little patience is all it took though.

Did you take the top inner fairings off.  I had some problem s fitting mine with them on.  I also found that there was some extra flashing on the right side of the fairing. DO NOT enlarge the hole in the screen.

<!--EDIT|BusaWhipped
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144362202 -->

If you put it in correctly, and the holes don't line up ! SEND IT BACK ! You pay too much to have to correct someone elses mistake. This stuff is (or should be) designed to fit and not to be forced in or corrected. It's suppose to FIT ! And if you crack it, your out $$$$$ ! Their item, their problem !  
idea.gif

Installed and enthralled
biggrin.gif

She gave me a little bit of a fight but I emerged victorious.. After I found the grommet in the front faring.... @#$)(@#($@)$(@$#

I sat on her and I can see these things now.. called.. what is it again? Oh! GAUGES
biggrin.gif

BUSAFETT

biggrin.gif

Back