Puig Windscreen Intsall

Hayabusa2005

Registered
Well, thanks to this board and a search on previous installs, I got my new Puig DB Dark Smoke windscreen installed this evening without too much hassle. Unscrewed stock on each side, then it slid out pretty easy. Had to pull the grommets out too. Slid Puig windscreen in. Put some soap on rubber grommets and twisted them into the hole, then put the screws back in. Fit snug and looks awesome! Thanks for all the input and persuasion to go with PUIG DB! I also put some Vortex stand rollers on tonight (black). My first two simple installs. Later this week, I will be installing the PCIII...

Ok, here are some pics...the pics are not the greatest since it is dark outside and poor lighting conditions in garage.

Puig-busa.jpg

busa_puig.jpg

Busa_cockpit_puig.jpg

busa_cockpit_dark.jpg

Looks great.:thumbsup: Didnt realize you were needing help or I would have said this....no need to lube up those grommets, all you have to do is thread the screws in just far enough to stiffen them without compressing them and push on the screw and "pop" they're in there!

Looks great.:thumbsup: Didnt realize you were needing help or I would have said this....no need to lube up those grommets, all you have to do is thread the screws in just far enough to stiffen them without compressing them and push on the screw and "pop" they're in there!
+1 Liltroy has the scoop on the right way to install those little buggers.

Congrats on your new screen. Lookin' goooood! :thumbsup:

Well, thanks to this board and a search on previous installs, I got my new Puig DB Dark Smoke windscreen installed this evening without too much hassle. Unscrewed stock on each side, then it slid out pretty easy. Had to pull the grommets out too. Slid Puig windscreen in. Put some soap on rubber grommets and twisted them into the hole, then put the screws back in. Fit snug and looks awesome! Thanks for all the input and persuasion to go with PUIG DB! I also put some Vortex stand rollers on tonight (black). My first two simple installs. Later this week, I will be installing the PCIII...

How well does it work is the real question???

Back