Why we need new Members NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OB_Dirty Pete

Registered
Chase if you have any interest in maintaining the vitality and future commercial viability of this site, you're going to have to let new members in very soon.

Your hit counter will tell you that the pace of posting is now slowing down significantly.

This is not just because members who live north of the Mason-Dixon Line are ending their riding season. It's also because current members have now explored almost all there is to discover about the Busa in its first year and are literally running out of hard, practical, Busa-related subjects to bat around.

I mean even I'm running a little dry here and you know what a motormouth I am.

The 100 or so members who post 95% of messages have also gotten to know each other, insofar as you can get to know someone on the net, about as well as they can.

If we don't get some new blood in here to bounce ideas off and some new Busa owners to mentor, I predict a that lot of your most active members will drift off soon because they're just not seeing new stuff that's meaningful to them.

Then you won't have many members at all and we won't have an exciting site.

If you've got plans, commercial or otherwise for this board, I urge you to allow some new people in quickly before it's too late.

You're not responding to the many posts of this nature that have already been addressed to you. What gives? Please post a reply to this topic.

SUGGESTION: Cancel the memberships of the 250 least active members after giving proper notice and replace them with new members.

WE NEED FRESH BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Dirty Pete

I 2nd that motion!!!

i have a few others & aftermarket people e-mailing me wanting to register so they can communicate with all of us....let's go!!!

There are plenty of bike enthusiasts out there who want to join this site, I've heard from several. They'll stop checking back if it isn't opened up again soon. Some of them are ZX-12 fans...let's roll out the welcome mat for 'em...coated with Slick 50!

I think some of the best .org contributors are not Hayabusa owners. I'd hate to see them banned.

If I get thrown out (because I don't own a Busa and I don't post very often), will I still be able to read the boards? I get a lot of inspiration from them and would really miss reading the topics here.

Since I don't post often, I am puzzled as to how throwing me out will improve bandwidth at all anyway?

I agree with the above posts.I don't understand what the problem is, you said that you have plenty of band space.Could it be possible that a few members have brought to your attention that they don't like what some other members post.I thought this site was a discussion of Busas & comparision to other bikes.Seems that if someone posts something about a ZX12 they get slammed by a chosen few.Maybe you need to evaluate the ones that aren't open to more than one opinion,(mainly thier own).If all we discussed was the Busa,and no other machine for comparision, I believe that the site would become rather dull.As stated above in this post ,we need new members to stimulate topics ,new ideas,and so on.It should be a requirement that members own at least one Busa,by vin.no.All those that don't have one should be the first to go to leave open a space for those that do actually own one.I also read that some members didn't care for the language on the site, which caused you to have to edit the posts for fear of children seeing it.I don't really have a problem with the editing,it just seems that when (dad) wants to get on this site to discuss issues,maybe the kids could be somewhere else.This is a site for adult motorcycle owners,not comparision of Disney movies.These are my thoughts for the day,my 2 cents worth, or whatever you would like to call it.

Don't throw none owners out it would not be democratic.Everyone is welcome, Hawaiian style.Aloha everyone,Maui get ready with the Primo beer and fish for the new members!!!! I'll make the spam and rice and might bring some Lomi Lomi salmon and poi for the big Luau.

[This message has been edited by Cisco San Jose (edited 27 November 1999).]

Hey where is Maui anyway?! Not to mention FC! These are the guys that make this board click...don't fade away yuze gyze! And where is ZX12...he was pretty cool.

You see Chase? It's falling apart!!!!!!!!

open it up

What's the problem with answering our questions Chase? Have you been hurt in a motorcycle accident? Are we waiting for Godot here? I mean let's all just go over to Ranger's place if he can solve his download inconveniences.

Meanwhile everybody save the e-mails of people you want to stay in touch with because it looks to me like there's nobody at the helm here.

I wonder if there was ever a Disney character named Maui? And if there were, would he be allowed to even ride a Hayabusa? Or maybe forced to ride a ZX-12…….. I think goofy would be the closest resemblance to me. Can Goofy type?…….Tig………..?

I wonder which character Kevtec would be?

Do we have to stick with Disney ones?

DC comics had some cool ones……

The Martian guy, yeah……..The little Martian guy who's always trying to blow up the earth.

Would that make Dirty Pete Bugs Bunny?

Damn, forgot about Yosemite Sam.

I wonder if we should start a new thread for nominees in future Disney flicks?

OK here's a tough one… what would a Kawabuser be? And Hapo?

Cisco-
I think we should send Kevtec to Hawaii for a while. The "aloha" concept needs a little refresher course. For a guy who prides him self on his education he seems pretty closed minded. I'll bet if he rode with Koa Puna for a while he'd come back with a sense of humor and a lot of new friends (or possibly something very different).

[This message has been edited by maui (edited 27 November 1999).]

[This message has been edited by maui (edited 27 November 1999).]

chase posted on one list earlier today. He thought it was a good idea to let new members in also. What ever that meant.

Oh man ,I could see it coming . I've never fit in anywhere but here in cyberworld ,if we throw out guys who ride Busas ,but are tall and goofy lookin' ,I'm screwed .

Dirty Pete, Don't worry about me. I have nothing to defend from Kevtec. He caught me off guard once. Never happen again. Just playing tag, not going for a flame out. I actually respect his opinion. I don't agree with, but I respect it.

Kevtec. You should really pat your self on the back now.

No, I didn't think your post was directed at (only) me. But you do seem to take glee in the fact that I took it that way. I just thought it (your first post) was depicting a very closed minded (hey I can have an opinion too) position as far as trying to learn about high performance subject matter. I was making light of it because it represents a bigoted view that a broad category of people (who you know nothing about) are not qualified to post here because of not owning a (1) type of motor cycle. Does Ricky Gadson's opinion not qualify? I don't think he's a member, but he's a professional racer. Are you saying some one like him shouldn't post here because he doesn't own a busa? Of course having possession of a real ZX-12 would make for interesting commentary.

Your comprehension seems to be a little off too. In the top portion of my post I commented that "I think
Goofy would be the closest resemblance to me" And yes I was poking fun at you as well as my self. I'm not sure who the "BRAVE LITTLE TOASTER" is. As far as the little train that could, that's one of the all time classic stories, which teaches a value that is missing in much of today's world. So I would take that as a tremendous compliment.

Are you familiar with my Island? You say that the "ones that have education own the businesses, larger houses, better cars, and ultimate motorcycles". Damn. So the guys who ask me for work, own better cars than I do? Better houses too? Have you ever seen my house? Do you know my net worth?

My "fantasy busa"? Where the hell do you come up with this **** ? Did I say I owned one? Do I pretend to own one? I could go down to a Suzuki dealership today and right a check for ten of em. Cash Money. Or maybe I don't have the balls to ride one? No, I'm working on my funny car right now. My blower cost ten grand, so a bike cuts into that. A machine that on a good run only catches on fire a little bit. Suck a little 9-sec bike right through the injector, and just make an iddy bitty little green flame out one zoomie (sorry to all you guys who feel burned on that). And yes, you DO need balance to drive one. Center seat cars are like that. Only you can't throw your body into it to correct it.

What do you know of any ones education here? I spent 10 year studying a discipline and philosophy with over 10,000 hours of LOGGED attendance. Is that an education? I've traveled and competed at an international level. I also (drag) raced professionally for three years. I've taught classes, to police officers, special ed. groups, children, adults, and seniors. I've sat on the board of directors (as an officer) for a non-profit org (vise pres., elected 3 times consecutive terms, unopposed, unanimous tally) I've meet heads of states, governors, judges, etc. One of my best friends served a triple nickel at Soledad for man one. Another one is the current (police) Capt. of the vice squad.

As far as trimming members' goes, look how spiteful your posts usually are. You go after entire groups of people. How many times have you tried to contribute in a positive way? That's the kind of stuff that can get trimmed. Go start your own board. That way you can make all the rules you want.

Kevtec, you're a well trained guy with a lot of good information at your fingertips. You might be surprised to find out that being "nice" is not an indication of weakness.

OK, I apologize,I might of come off a little strong.Maui, no hard feelings, DP same to you..Sometimes long hours with not enough time to fill takes it's toll.Actually the martian is one of my favorites, next to the roadrunner of course.Like the coyote cause he always has ACME make him some sort of device that doesn't work,sometimes like my shop in the design stages for new products.Here's my e mail address DP ,I didn't get those pics you were going to send the other day of your FSMD,tail section, & hugger..KTEK104@AOL.COM

I heard that Chase was in Fiji riding a new ZX12 from the t-shirt profits.

I read Chase's one list answer as well, what does it mean? Who the hell knows!
Maybe the same as the banners that scroll across the screen at the sites Home page.
Smells like kawplop.

Maui - Jamaican remember mon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back