Why the busa and not the ZX 14?

I was in a local shop and saw 5 ZX-14's years 06-07 that had been traded in. On what I don't know but there where no Busa any years to be had. Looks, power, ease of maintenance and a tremendous after market make the Busa the all time favorite.
Ease of maintainence?
rock.gif
What are you smokin' Tin? .....I want some  
winkold.gif

The busa's the biggest pain to work on of any plastic bike I've ever owned. In fact thats my only real complaint with it. I have a 14 as well as a busa, and the 14 is MUCHO easier to work on...in fact the ease of oil change on the 14 is one of the reasons I got it  
cool.gif
 You have to remove absolutely nothing to change oil on the 14.....nothing but the oil filter and drain plug, and thats IT  
laugh.gif
  The plastics designed with an opening just for the oil filter......neat idea huh? lol. I stretch all my service intervals on my busa out to the max because its such a pain to work on....I'm never in a hurry to fight it just to get the work taken care of  
thumb_down.gif
i agree with you on this one 100%.
someone must have not done oil change on his bike yet!
wowold.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I was in a local shop and saw 5 ZX-14's years 06-07 that had been traded in. On what I don't know but there where no Busa any years to be had. Looks, power, ease of maintenance and a tremendous after market make the Busa the all time favorite.
Ease of maintainence?
rock.gif
winkold.gif

The busa's the biggest pain to work on of any plastic bike I've ever owned. In fact thats my only real complaint with it. I have a 14 as well as a busa, and the 14 is MUCHO easier to work on...in fact the ease of oil change on the 14 is one of the reasons I got it
cool.gif
You have to remove absolutely nothing to change oil on the 14.....nothing but the oil filter and drain plug, and thats IT
laugh.gif
The plastics designed with an opening just for the oil filter......neat idea huh? lol. I stretch all my service intervals on my busa out to the max because its such a pain to work on....I'm never in a hurry to fight it just to get the work taken care of
thumb_down.gif
wowold.gif
laugh.gif
I change my oil every 4000 miles. Myself. And if you call taking the right fairing off hard then your just lazy. It's not quantum mechanics or particle physics you know. Just a few fairing bolts and 1 push pin. And if you scratch something up in the process then you either don't have the hands to work on a bike or just don't take the proper precautions. I recommend the blue painters tape found in all Home Depots. I've had to rebuild my Busa from a crash and I don't have the tool box of a Nascar pit crew mechanic. With the tools I have, an online microfiche and the pdf manual I've been able to do a pretty good job.
I've never owned a Kawasaki but I do know that, TO ME they don't look or feel as refined as the Hayabusa. And they are ugly.

BEFORE:

DSCN0125.JPG

laugh.gif

Ease of maintainence?
rock.gif
winkold.gif

cool.gif
laugh.gif
thumb_down.gif
wowold.gif

laugh.gif
I change my oil every 4000 miles. Myself. And if you call taking the right fairing off hard then your just lazy. It's not quantum mechanics or particle physics you know. Just a few fairing bolts and 1 push pin. And if you scratch something up in the process then you either don't have the hands to work on a bike or just don't take the proper precautions. I recommend the blue painters tape found in all Home Depots. I've had to rebuild my Busa from a crash and I don't have the tool box of a Nascar pit crew mechanic. With the tools I have, an online microfiche and the pdf manual I've been able to do a pretty good job.
I've never owned a Kawasaki but I do know that, TO ME they don't look or feel as refined as the Hayabusa. And they are ugly.

BEFORE:
see.. it is easy to do oil change on that busa ( attached picture)
laugh.gif

you don't have to remove the fairing, it is already removed!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Pretty one sideed opinions.The 14 is ugly.....bla,bla, I have owned two busas(great bikes)The zx14 is just better all around.Thats my 2 cents.Ride what what fits you and have fun.I would never slam a busa on a 14 site,its not cool.Cheers
firedevil.gif

Pretty one sideed opinions.The 14 is ugly.....bla,bla
Well... it is a Busa board....
laugh.gif

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
I would never slam a busa on a 14 site][/quote] Because you can't slam a Busa on ANY board....
tounge.gif

poke.gif

And if you call taking the right fairing off hard then your just lazy. Just a few fairing bolts and 1 push pin.
Erm, no. You must be referring to the Gen I busa's, because your statement is inaccurate with regard to the K8.

The right side fairing of the K8 is retained by no less than four (4) shouldered fasteners, four (four) large nylon pins molded into the fairing, and a few sundry push-pins.

It is indeed a total ass-pain to remove the K8's right fairing the first few times until you get the hang of it and know which particular sections need extra attention during both removal and re-installation. After that, I personally don't find it a big deal to R/R any more, but I certainly will stipulate that the K8 right fairing takes a bit more effort and attention-to-detail to avoid damaging tabs, etc, than the average sportbike/hyperbike.

I think my wife looks good with my Busa... it should redeem me in everyone's eyes as for my judgment on looks ... <div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Why Busa??? This is why! Just look.....
[/quote][/quote]
AND...her hair matches your bike!

Seems like as good a reason to choose a mate as any.

Your wife is beautiful BTW.

If you think the Busa is hard to work on, try working on the Gixxer 1K.

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Back