Why Me.

shadetree57

Registered
I tried to pull up the ORG. and all I got was a blank screen. My wife finally got it to come up but it took 30 minutes. This dam computer aint that old. Must have a virus or something. I know i'm pissed because I aint real patient. When I hit a button, I want results. If she can't fix it, I'll be slippin in and out at work. Somehow the firewall got turned off, Whatever that means. I know it's a blocker but I aint real good with these things. OK computer guys, Recon what my problem is. I need help.

i dont know if this will help but I use a program called super anti spyware. its free and i tell you it works better than anything i have ever purchased to get ride of trojans spyware etc. maybe try that

I use spybot. It's free and will give you a pop up to let you know if anything isn't right and won't let you go on a site that has any type of viruses.

If you weren't so far away I would offer to come over and fix her up for ya! The others have some good advice unless there it is a total dinosaur this should clear you up.

Thanks guys, I'll pass this info on to my wife so she can fix it. I can't stand to have something that doesn't work right.

BUY Kaspersky, install it, your problems are history. Don't bother with the free stuff, you get what you PAY for.

+1 : we run Kaspersky at work

I had more trouble when adaware and spybot were on my system then I did before I installed either of them. I cured all my woes by ditching windows all-together.

i run my computers without any thing but malaware bytes.. cccleaner and occasionaly if i loose control and go outside my safe **** sites... i download free trial of AGV scann clean then delete the program

BUY Kaspersky, install it, your problems are history. Don't bother with the free stuff, you get what you PAY for.

that's a myth when it comes to most software.

OpenOffice reads and writes to more versions of Microsoft Office than Microsoft Office does (among many other formats).

GIMP is a professional grade graphics program that has the ability to incorporate Adobe Photoshop plugins.

Blender is a 3D Animation program which was used (in part) for the Spider-Man 2 movie.

AVG offers a free version of their software to be used for private use with an optional pay version which has some extra features. corporate versions are exclusively pay versions.

There are plenty of other examples of free software outpacing pay software. One of which is operating systems such as FreeBSD and Linux. Granted they are used on loads of internet and email servers, but I don't think that "Internet" thing will account for much...

1. Make sure your OS is up to date.
2. Get an anti virus program. Run it. Free versions do work nice,but they have some drawbacks to them.
3. Get a registry cleaner. Run it.
4. Do a disk defrag.

If that don't work, try doing a windows repair with the disk you should have that has a copy of your purchased OS(Windows Xp/vista). Sometimes something just goes wrong and needs fixing. As with everything in life.

I also run Malwarebytes. Solved a problem our IT department could not fix on a unit one of our engineers was using. 30 minutes later all was good. Now the head of department swears by it. This is the same guy who will not allow wireless in the building or anything on our boxes because he is afraid of someone breaking in and stealing our "secrets".:laugh:

Back