Why is the U.S. missing out?

OB_suiciderider

Registered
To complain in general I wonder why Rick Suzuki, President of American Suzuki, always shafts the Americans on the options. I refer to items such as: No Red/Black Hayabusa offered to Americans for purchase. No faired SV650, known as the SV650S in Europe, offered to Americans. Maybe its just that the market is not that big for those options according to demographics but we should be able to order those options w/out problem if we desire them from the dealership.

Other brands seem to be on the same side as I don't recall reading reviews on the Honda CBR 1200XX but it was offered in Europe. Or the Yamaha XJR1300 and it sportier version, that is only offered in Europe.

Maybe the market is not huge for a MV Augusta F4 Strada but since Honda sells us its CBR1100XX why not the limited 1200 version. Why not sell the faired version of the SV650 as there is definitely a market for the unfaired one.

Does anyone on this board really know the answer?

There are also trade restrictions between most countries on car and bike sales. Usually a manufacturer gets limited to a certain number of models that they can sell in a country from the dealership. Of course you can get any model as a private import.

I was always amazed at the Japanese specs for domestic model cars as opposed to what gets sold in the UK. UK models are so basic while the Japanese specs have touch screen navigation/tv/audio controls, seat massage and many other cool toys to take your mind off driving - this is on a 6 year old car ! All goverments make these restrictions to protect their own domestic manufacturing and safe guard jobs.

Well believe it or not last dealer show in Vegas I (lucky or not) sat next to some inportant during some of the new model presentaion.
I did ask him why we did not get the SV650s
he said that the it might hurt the selling a stardard one and if they only brought over the S model that INSURANCE would rate it as a sportbike $$$$$ to you and me(this year Busa insurance in most cases went up due to it is now a sportbike classification.)

jeffw, is that the right e-mail address? I would like to send some suggestions to Suzuki on stuff that would sell well.

Naked SV1000 would be real cool and easy to build since they already have the TLS.

I would buy an SV1000.

Thank you for the e-mail address and other information from all whom responded. Y'all are right on with those answers and as usual this board proves me right when I say this board rocks!

Motorcyclists, in my experience, are the most amiable of groups/participants. This, regardless of brand and/or class. Take Care and good weather to you all! :)

Back