Corbin Seat help ?

OB_tulmann

Registered
Hi fellow Busa owners. A plea from Europe. I would like a Corbin seat (black carbon look) for my Busa. Ordered via they website and got a kind respons, that they could NOT comply, I would have to go via Corbin resellers in Europe. Thanks for info and onto the web. BUT hey, Corbin in Germany asked 560 DM for the seat, incl P&P whereas US charged $219 excl P&P, that's nearly $125 cheeper. Why should I pay $125 more in Europe ? This is downright outrageous. Could someone help me out here ? As in buying a seat and send it to me in return for good American dollars ? Yes I known, how can you trust me etc...
I would appreciate any reaction on this topic. Kind regards.

I live about 49 miles from Corbin factory and I will talk to someone there and get you a seat,but here's the deal you send me the money and I will ship you the seat.Give me the description of the seat,color,how much padding you want on the seat.I will not send you the seat until your money is cleared by my bank and I will mount the seat on my bike to make sure it fits properly.I'm not sure if you need to have your old seat swapped for this new Corbin seat.For more info e-mail me at CiscoJ@aol.com I do not want any money from you but a Harley T-shirt from your country would be nice "XXlarge"only when you receive your seat,if I don't receive a Tee shirt no big deal.There's going to be a big motorcycle gathering in Reno Neveda Sept.23-26 and I'm going and Corbin company is always there and they give cut rates for people that come to these events so I see if I can get a deal.Ride safe.

[This message has been edited by Cisco San Jose (edited 15 September 1999).]

Tulmann,I got the seat on order,bought it Saturday at Streets Vibrations in Reno,Corbin had a 10% off sale which came out to $211 out the door which included sales tax.Not bad,it's black carbon fiber and they should be done in about three weeks which should take us to about the middle of Oct.Corbin did not charge me shipping since I'm going to pick it up at the factory.They had different combo's on what you wanted on the trimming on the side and also the seams could have had accents,"which is a strip of a different color or black,anyways it's going to be carbon fiber and black sides.Corbin builds the seat from the ground up and I hope you know that it's only the main seat and not the passenger seat.Anyways you can e-mail me at CiscoJ@aol.com and you can tell me how you want the seat shipped to you.I'm not sure how much it's going to cost via Federal Express or US mail but as soon as I get the seat I'll check the fit on my bike and then rebox the seat and ship it.Don't send any money until I get the seat and I'll have my father in Law take a picture of the unit and I'll e-mail you a picture of the seat on my bike.My bike is copper and silver and my seat is stock black,I'll try to get as many picture angles of the seat off the bike and on the bike.If you do not want the seat I'll sell it on this board or might even keep it myself,but I'm true to my word and you have the first dibbs.Hope to hear from you.

Hi Cisco
Thanks for info and sorry for the missing answer, had to go to hospital once again for a quick check-up.(One ruined Busa)
I'll sure send an email as soon as possible.
It's ever so nice knowing you can get help on this excellent board.

Besides a couple of broken ribs and a punctured lung the worsed part it a very scratched Busa. All the plastic, cans and engine cover has to be changed and this will take time, according to the dealer, but I can ride her as she is (yeah her too, smile) nothing really hurt besides my pride.

Watch out for female drivers...............

Hi Tulmann,
Sorry to hear of your bad luck, but ...
there's a positive side to everything ...
What's left of the large fairing sides?
I'm thinking about creating a half-naked
Busa and for this I was planning on using only a very small (upper) part of the sides of the fairing, say about 4 inches down from where it attaches to the front part with the headlight (hope you can follow me here?).

Tulmann,sorry that you got into a little accident,hope you get better.I guess you must have been like me when I crashed my 89 GSXR-1100 when some girl in a BMW cut me off going onto the on-ramp in Santa Clara area anyways I hope you and your bike get fixed up real soon.

Philo, yeah, I know Craig a little thanks to my other bike (heavily modified Honda CB1000 Big One) as he once owned one of these also, but although Rodan is the wallpaper on my PC since a couple of weeks, it's just a tad too extreme for me and I've found out that on a totally naked bike my neck & shoulders will protest for almost a week when I've been up to 100mph for any length of time and it's no good practicing this for endurance either (maybe I'm just getting old).

Animal: Nothing is broken, just scrathed, so you could say it's still intact. Yes I see your idea, making your Busa a streetfighter, right ?
I will remember you, when the new parts arrive.

Cisco: I did send you an Email. I'm ok now, but I don't like the "new" look of my Busa, smile. The dealer just told me, no spare parts is available in Europe, have to wait for shipment from Japan.
Believe it or not, I'm going on a dinner-date with the female driver (her offer).
Once again, thanks for your indeed great offer on the Corbin seat. Looking forward to this seat as I'm touring a lot and the standard seat is loudsy, not suited for my behind. Had a Corbin seat on my FJ1200 and loved it.

Tullman, yes indeed, I like my Busa A LOT but I prefer to see as much of an engine as possible and am thus thinking along those lines right now.
Maybe some French companies come up with tophalf or 3/4 fairings for the Busa like they usually do over there (maybe the show in Paris will see some news in that area?)?

Back