Why is my signature broken?  What is going on?

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Okay all - one of yer friendly neighborhood admins here -
Let's talk signatures for a second. Okay, a lot of you noticed that many people on the board have had signature problems, let me explain what has been going on.

The ib code and html options for signatures were turned off because, well frankly, some of the signatures were/are getting out of hand. What I am refering to are two different problems:
1. Signature size
2. Signature content

So, if the signature options were turned off, why did some people's stuff stay? I'm glad you asked! You all know that the Mods/Admins, along with being increadibly good looking and well dressed, have mythical and magical powers, right? Well, if a Mod or Admin ever installed your signature for you or "fixed" it for you, then it overrode turning the options off -so those signature images and hyperlinks stayed - until you went back in and modified/changed it again.

Okay so with issue number 1, you may have seen the signatures that take up the whole screen... one facet is that some people have dial up and the load time is just ridiculous! So much so, that in a thread awhile ago, there were several people who said they just turn the signatures off.

With number 2, the problem is a little different - let me start by saying that I don't want this to be a sterile environment; no one does. But there is sort of a generally accepted norm for language in the posts - something that I can not understand (and there has been more of it lately) is that while the language is frowned upon in the posts, somehow it is overlooked when it is embedded in an image. I guess what I am saying is that it is not okay in either case. If you have an image that you want to post, but it has a cuss word in it, then find a way to alter the image - rule of thumb:
if you have to mask the word in the post then mask it in the image as well.

Anyway, with both the points above taken into account, ib code and HTML in the signatures has been turned back on. Total image area is limited to 150 x 505 pixels, you can find the size of your image by right clicking on the image and then going to summary. It doesn't matter if you have 12 pics or 1, total area is the same.

As a reference, the banner in my sig is 144 x 504 and for perspective, the sponsors banners that you see throughout the boards are 648 x 60.

So, I am asking for your help in ensuring that the signatures do not get out of control; we do this by policing ourselves. Also, if a signature item is found to have objectionable content (cusswords or pictures that are not acceptable on the boards) then you will be asked to remove it; if you do not... then an Admin will remove it for you - as well as bumping your warning level (those little boxes below your avatar, if you have seen them)... the warning level is significant, because for those of you who don't know, when your warning level gets to three, you are not allowed to post until one of the Admins brings the level back down.

So, as I said, the signature options were turned on, so feel free to reinstall your images and hyperlinks, just please observe the criteria above...

Thanks,
MCM

Good info Shawn, I knew we were being punished!!

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!
beerchug.gif

It's the part where all others besides God are run through NCIC....
smile.gif

I have the sigs off anyway. They were starting to get annoying, even with DSL.
coffee.gif

Uploaded my new sig line image to conform to the new rules, but it isn't working...

what am I doing wrong?

I had to use the HTML Tag not the IMG Tag and it worked. I use photo bucket. Hope this helps!

(05BusaLe @ Feb. 18 2007,22:07) I had to use the HTML Tag not the IMG Tag and it worked. I use photo bucket. Hope this helps!
I tried using
HTML:
of course pasting the properties in between.

Didn't work...
sad.gif

It just wouldn't look right if it said "If I'm going to HE double toothpicks..."!
SHOCKED.gif

Oh alright.... I'll be compliant.... this time...
firedevil.gif

(GJoker @ Feb. 19 2007,13:49) It just wouldn't look right if it said "If I'm going to HE double toothpicks..."!
SHOCKED.gif

firedevil.gif
Greg,
I like yours!

(MC MUSTANG @ Feb. 19 2007,15:47)
(GJoker @ Feb. 19 2007,13:49) It just wouldn't look right if it said "If I'm going to HE double toothpicks..."!
SHOCKED.gif

firedevil.gif
Greg,
I like yours!
Thanks... I did too!  
tounge.gif

I'm sure the H E double toothpicks word is offensive enough of a cuss word to some here on the org, though~ So I'll just figure something else out later in time~ It's all good...  
cool.gif

Back