why do we >>ELECT<< government anyway?

"You'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong"
They obviously weren't headed to the Capitol for a chat or debate. Congress was in session. After making a statement like that he should have clearly said no violence, but that's not his style is it?
Is he a blithering idiot saying this to a raucous crowd? Was the crowd idiotic in following his lead? Are you, Zerks, in complete denial of why this happened? Absolutely.
Two wrongs don’t make a right.
Kamala Harris pretty much did the same thing with Kenosha, said “it won’t stop and it should not stop”. This was amidst the destruction. Google is your friend, although the media pretty much avoided showing what she said.
I guess three wrongs don’t make a right either, but Obama encouraged the protests to continue, amidst the destruction.

I absolutely don’t support the fact that Trump rejected the outcome of the elections with his conspiracy theories, but we should not play with semantics to be inconsistent when blaming dirty politicians.

Impeaching a president who is no longer in office, while the economy is already paying more for gas and we have immigrants storming our borders purely based on what Biden has said. The next immigration crises is basically here. Don’t Shumer and Pelocy have better things to do with our tax money?

It's been my experience politicians (and others) will say anything and everything to get elected, once they do, all that talk goes away.

I think they want to impeach this former president so he can never hold office again.

If you look at the price of gas, the US has had a pretty good run of paying very low prices compared to the rest of the world.

Speaking of going away, lots of the videos showing how nasty they are goes away once they get in the running too. There was a video running around of our Prime Minister bashing Anglophones which went away as soon as he was getting close to being elected.

Two wrongs don’t make a right.
Kamala Harris pretty much did the same thing with Kenosha, said “it won’t stop and it should not stop”. This was amidst the destruction. Google is your friend, although the media pretty much avoided showing what she said.
I guess three wrongs don’t make a right either, but Obama encouraged the protests to continue, amidst the destruction.

I absolutely don’t support the fact that Trump rejected the outcome of the elections with his conspiracy theories, but we should not play with semantics to be inconsistent when blaming dirty politicians.
I don’t condone any of the violence incurred by the BLM riots, although I do completely sympathize with why people are angry. Obama let his emotions get away from him, but to compare the demonstrations and riots to what happened at the Capitol is quite a stretch, especially since Trump gave a speech specifically to those people, with instructions, right before it happened. Your two wrongs statement is comparing, to use another overused phrase, apples to oranges.

Last edited:
I don’t condone any of the violence incurred by the BLM riots, although I do completely sympathize with why people are angry. Obama let his emotions get away from him, but to compare the demonstrations and riots to what happened at the Capitol is quite a stretch, especially since Trump gave a speech specifically to those people, with instructions, right before it happened. Your two wrongs statement is comparing, to use another overused phrase, apples to oranges.
There is bias and then there are apples and oranges. Both are fruit.

Then there was Trump asking his supporters to go home and go in peace.

Then there was Kamala and Obama, encouraging people to “protest” after days of property destruction, arrests and shooting. The damage of property at the capital was negligent compared to businesses destroyed, as well as damage to state buildings.

I no longer consider myself a Trump supporter, just trying to be reasonable, rational, fair and unbiased.

Then there was Kamala and Obama, encouraging people to “protest” after days of property destruction, arrests and shooting. The damage of property at the capital was negligent compared to businesses destroyed, as well as damage to state buildings.

I no longer consider myself a Trump supporter, just trying to be reasonable, rational, fair and unbiased.
“Go home in peace” after the destruction and death and most probably on the counsel of his advisors. I’ve learned that you have a rational, logical way of thinking but I strongly disagree that the offenses by Obama and Harris even remotely counterbalance Trump instigating a riot against the United States government.

I think the right has become a master of false equivalency. Comparing a riot to a coup attempt on the United States of America is just foolish. Both are wrong, but the Trump insurrection is a whole new level of wrong never seen in our history.

For a decent person, it's hard to see what Trump did right when going on a half million people will be dead from his willful inaction on COVID. Remember, he was recorded by Bob Woodward in March saying "this is going to be bad, it's like the plague". Yet he chose to ignore it and even make it harder to control by injecting racial politics into the equation.

You just have to be a special kind of weak morally to try and justify this loser's term in office.

I think the right has become a master of false equivalency. Comparing a riot to a coup attempt on the United States of America is just foolish. Both are wrong, but the Trump insurrection is a whole new level of wrong never seen in our history.

For a decent person, it's hard to see what Trump did right when going on a half million people will be dead from his willful inaction on COVID. Remember, he was recorded by Bob Woodward in March saying "this is going to be bad, it's like the plague". Yet he chose to ignore it and even make it harder to control by injecting racial politics into the equation.

You just have to be a special kind of weak morally to try and justify this loser's term in office.
Yep Arch, 70 million of your fellow Americans have a special kind of weak morality.

Setting a precedent of violently, physically attacking the Capitol building is way beyond reproach. This can not happen. We’ve all been on the losing side in elections but that response has to be left out of the picture.

Last edited:
Do you think 70 million people make it right? 84 million say no.
Hell no I don’t!

But Arch, I don’t consider myself arrogant enough to label 70 million people with low morality the way you do.

In fact, I never really judge anyone, just enjoy the freedom of choice regarding who I associate with.

.....and here we go again!!!
Besides, jellyrug is much better to debate with. He's logical and stays on specific topic rather than burying you under 200 cubic yards of BS without addressing the prior comment.
Hell no I don’t!

But Arch, I don’t consider myself arrogant enough to label 70 million people with low morality the way you do.

In fact, I never really judge anyone, just enjoy the freedom of choice regarding who I associate with.
Yeah hard to wrap my head around that 74 million people thought Trump to be the better choice, but it happened. I think it's conservative ideology that caused that. The Republican party should find good representatives that aren't bat$hit crazy and move forward or a massively long liberal agenda will take roots. (not that I'd have a problem with it :))

Besides, jellyrug is much better to debate with. He's logical and stays on specific topic rather than burying you under 200 cubic yards of BS without addressing the prior comment.

Yeah hard to wrap my head around that 74 million people thought Trump to be the better choice, but it happened. I think it's conservative ideology that caused that. The Republican party should find good representatives that aren't bat$hit crazy and move forward or a massively long liberal agenda will take roots. (not that I'd have a problem with it :))
Personally, I think our constitution needs a little updating, as it no longer conforms to the pledge of allegiance. I believe both major parties are to blame.

For Trump to win his first term was kind of a miracle. Partly I blame Obama for that, he was a great president, but totally lacking in succession planning.

For Trump to win his first term was kind of a miracle. Partly I blame Obama for that, he was a great president, but totally lacking in succession planning.
Update the constitution? Please elaborate. As to ‘16, my pendulum theory was right in stride, keeping things balanced. It’s Trump’s inability to be a decent human being that disrupted it.

Update the constitution? Please elaborate. As to ‘16, my pendulum theory was right in stride, keeping things balanced. It’s Trump’s inability to be a decent human being that disrupted it.
Just an innocent question?

Do you believe the first impeachment, the Mueller investigation, the slaughtering of people’s careers in the process, was fair and balanced? And, did you support all of that?

About the constitution, the first thing I believe which should be addressed is that money plays a major part in who gets elected.

Back