Not because I believe in bigger government.

The aftermath is yet to come. It's called inflation. Runaway inflation is a byproduct of spending money you don't have. The more they spend, the bigger and faster inflation grows. The dollar value is going downhill fast and I see no way of slowing it down. Just look at what happened to price of a busa from 08 to 09. Great example of your money being worth less and less on a daily basis.

If you are like me, worked like a slave all your life, pinched pennies and set yourself up for your retirement, inflation is about to shift into high gear. What Obama and the democrats are doing will make my nest egg loose much if not most of it's value. Basically, silently stealing my retirement through runaway inflation. And who in their right mind would raise taxes at a time like this? Crazy!

We have brought this upon ourselves. We have no one to blame but each other. Our government is not designed to run without checks and balances. This is why we have a two party system. The democrats have total control with no one to answer to. Checks ad balances are a thing of the past.

The stock market is a great indicator of our nations financial health. From election day on November 3rd, the market has been on a nose dive like a runaway frieght train on a down hill grade and no one knows where it will stop.

If the country doesn't wake up and vote some balance back into congress in 2010 by electing at least enough Republicans to retain some balance in our leadership, then America deserves to continue on this road to disaster.

I remember what my dad told me once as a young man "Be careful what you wish for, least you get what you ask"! America ask for this and sadly, now it's time to pay our dues!

The aftermath is yet to come. It's called inflation. Runaway inflation is a byproduct of spending money you don't have. The more they spend, the bigger and faster inflation grows. The dollar value is going downhill fast and I see no way of slowing it down. Just look at what happened to price of a busa from 08 to 09. Great example of your money being worth less and less on a daily basis.

If you are like me, worked like a slave all your life, pinched pennies and set yourself up for your retirement, inflation is about to shift into high gear. What Obama and the democrats are doing will make my nest egg loose much if not most of it's value. Basically, silently stealing my retirement through runaway inflation. And who in their right mind would raise taxes at a time like this? Crazy!

We have brought this upon ourselves. We have no one to blame but each other. Our government is not designed to run without checks and balances. This is why we have a two party system. The democrats have total control with no one to answer to. Checks ad balances are a thing of the past.

The stock market is a great indicator of our nations financial health. From election day on November 3rd, the market has been on a nose dive like a runaway frieght train on a down hill grade and no one knows where it will stop.

If the country doesn't wake up and vote some balance back into congress in 2010 by electing at least enough Republicans to retain some balance in our leadership, then America deserves to continue on this road to disaster.

I remember what my dad told me once as a young man "Be careful what you wish for, least you get what you ask"! America ask for this and sadly, now it's time to pay our dues!

And the "dues" will be your freedoms and the right to make choices. (healthcare is one example)

To much carbon..buy a small house. Pelosi..smaller families..we need to control this and bring down State costs. Scary stuff.

r8

and this tax "cut" giving us either $13 or $8 is NOT a cut it's a "CREDIT"

In other words all they are doing is changing the tax table and next year your 13 bux is going to be additional income that you have to pay tax on.

If I didn't already have children, I can assure you that I would choose not to in today's society. As a father I am responsible for their well being. I am scared for my kids.

You young guys need to take a look at the Jimmy Carter Presidency to see what our short term future holds. This Country has been there, done that, and survived. Fortunately he was voted out of office after only one term.

You young guys need to take a look at the Jimmy Carter Presidency to see what our short term future holds. This Country has been there, done that, and survived. Fortunately he was voted out of office after only one term.

I was younger but old enough to remember Carter. No reason to compare the two, but I predict they started off much the same and will end much the same. Time will tell if I am right or wrong.

My hope to all of you is that we survive! No matter what your feelings are, what you agree to buy or not...your are all Americans, and I wish you and your families the best. God I am getting sick of seeing friends loose their jobs, life savings and homes. I don't care to point the blame...in the end we all share a portion whether we actively participated or not in making it. It is only by our strength and belief in each other we will survive. To that, all of you and this country are in my families prayers tonight and every night.

I sure hope we do survive and your right but i think this is more along the lines of an epic shift in government on the order of a new deal era much like FDR in scope. It is becoming very frighting, its as if the foundation of a welfare state was laid in FDR's new deal with govt growing and now it is being grown again as our government anex the private sector.

"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
George Santayana

I agree 100%, my point was there is no reason to bring up an argument as nobody is going to change my point of view unless they have more than opinion and I'm not going to change theirs with my opinion. We are all entitled to our views and opinions. For the country's sake I hope my opinions are wrong, for if my opinions are right we haven't yet begun to see hard times.

, as those of us still fortunate to have a job will be paying for their pensions and health care.

Don't bet on that. No matter what scenario plays out, it isn't likely that those plans will survive this mess.

Back