Not because I believe in bigger government.

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
As soon as I took office, I asked this Congress to send me a recovery plan by Presidents Day that would put people back to work and put money in their pockets, not because I believe in bigger government -- I don't..." Barrack Obama :rofl:

Given his voting record, given his campaign promises, there is no reason to believe this claim that he does not believe in bigger government. He just authorized the largest outlay of federal funds in history; he wants to socialize medicine. Please do not be deceived by his image. Consider his actions and his principles. They all point in the direction a massive increase in the federal government and a diminishing of individual liberties.

The Constructive Curmudgeon: Rethink Obama's Claim

Not because I believe in bigger government — I don't," Obama said. "Not because I'm not mindful of the massive debt we've inherited — I am. I called for action because the failure to do so would have cost more jobs and cost more hardships." :rofl:

The era of big government arrives - USATODAY.com

You can't make this stuff up.

r8

Watch how wallstreet reacts to this, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dow Jones Industrial Avg drop below 7000 today

Watch how wallstreet reacts to this, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dow Jones Industrial Avg drop below 7000 today

Every time he speaks...down. Were in a crisis!..down. I think it will go to 6000 myself.

No one is mentioning the "I" word yet huh? (stagnate economy with high inflation)

Best to get your debt paid off quick. Things will get worse.

r8

Every time he speaks...down. Were in a crisis!..down. I think it will go to 6000 myself.

No one is mentioning the "I" word yet huh? (stagnate economy with high inflation)

Best to get your debt paid off quick. Things will get worse.

r8

I'm hearing some say it will go down in the 4 thousands before it gets better. Guess time will tell.

And yes Inflation will be a major factor in the near future, look at the price of the 09 busas here compared to prices in Canada.

The announcement comes with the backdrop of concerns about bank nationalization. Last week, Senate Banking Committee Chairman Chris Dodd (D-Conn.) said banks may need to be nationalized, sending shares of firms such as Citigroup (C: 2.4, n.a., n.a.%) and Bank of America (BAC: 4.15, -1.1, -20.95%) plummeting.

Treasury Unveils New Bank Bailout Program -- the CAP - FOXBusiness.com

The fact that Dodd and Frank are still in position amazes me. These two individuals turned their heads and brought forth the housing mess.

Yeah, do a search. I've been down this road in the past.

r8

I'm hearing some say it will go down in the 4 thousands before it gets better. Guess time will tell.

And yes Inflation will be a major factor in the near future, look at the price of the 09 busas here compared to prices in Canada.

Watch food prices also. This is where most will see it coming.

Sure am glad we gave billions to GM. Like I said before..who has the money to buy the products?

No one. Glad the UAW is happy. I'll never buy a big three vehicle, new or used, again.

r8

Sure am glad we gave billions to GM. Like I said before..who has the money to buy the products?

No one. Glad the UAW is happy. I'll never buy a big three vehicle, new or used, again.

r8

In the past I have been big on buying American vehicles, GM, Ford, Chrysler. My thought process on this has changed over time as the big three are the ones that have moved plants to foreign countries putting thousands out of work while Toyota, Nissan, Hyundai etc have been building plants here in the US and putting our people to work.

While I still agree we should support American industries, it's hard for me to do that when I realize that much of the cost of the product is due to overpaid workers and corporate greed.

Won't ever buy one again. Then can collapse for all I care.

Love your sig line by the way.

r8

r8

My power bill has more than doubled the most I've ever paid in the last two months. Was trying to figure out what was wrong around the house and found that the power company did a 40% rate increase.

My power bill has more than doubled the most I've ever paid in the last two months. Was trying to figure out what was wrong around the house and found that the power company did a 40% rate increase.

Same here. Tacked on a "purchase power adjustment" fee on mine. Natural Gas bill almost doubled. Water bill to increase also.

You don't get ahead. You just cut other areas.

r8

I was stuck la t year between the tundra and the silverado. I chose the chevy only because it could haul more. My next truck will be the tundra, when they put the deisel motor in it. Renee's looking towards a jetta gti.
Posted via Mobile Device

The bills keep going up everywhere. I'm suprised we didn't hear about more deaths contributed to utility nonpays.
Posted via Mobile Device

I was stuck la t year between the tundra and the silverado. I chose the chevy only because it could haul more. My next truck will be the tundra, when they put the deisel motor in it. Renee's looking towards a jetta gti.
Posted via Mobile Device

According to what I have read on the Tundra forums they were going to offer the diesel. On hold for now.

I thought I heard a layoff/buy out of 18,000 workers.

Might be a while. Enjoy your truck.

r8

r8

My investments that were to be used for retirement have decreased by 95%, but am taking great comfort in knowing that uaw members will not have to suffer any loss , as those of us still fortunate to have a job will be paying for their pensions and health care.

Back