Why do they pick on us?

Sound like something I hope to do when I get old. Not in a jeep though.... I'm thinking some muscle car that I can barely control or afford the gas for..
laugh.gif

Couple of stories:

Funniest one in cars:

Me:
- SHO Tarus coming back from spring break, fully loaded with camping equipment(cant even see out the rear window). This was 2nd year they were out, nobody knew what they were.
Vs.
Some guy in a yellow convertable 5.0 with his girlfriend.

Dude goes by me, so I roll next to him. He looks over at my sedan and laughs. I look at his heavy a$$ convertiable and the fact that we are rolling at 45mph and laugh(Since I've raced so many 5.0's by this point its not even funny I knew only chance he had(aside from mods) was the launch since SHO is FWD).

He jumps, I pull 2nd catch him, then into 3rd(favorite gear in that car as you can run to ~110 in 3rd and it pulls hard) and watch him disappear. So I slow way down (because I want to laugh at him) 30 in a 45 and wait till he catches me, but he wont pull next to me(still going 30 in 45) for over a mile. Finally he does and I wave(or try to), girlfriend is looking away and the dudes looking straight ahead and wont look over.

Best one I've seen:

Viper -vs- my buddy on his BMW 1150RT Touring bike.

Off to pick up another riding buddy from airport. Riding on Hwy the Viper comes hauling ass through traffic, etc. Buddy attaches himself to the vipers ass. Viper is ridding shoulders, on-ramp lanes, but cant even come close to shaking my buddy since there are no straigts long enough with all the traffic. That guy was pissed, It was hysterical.

I have no idea! I was in Dubai about a month ago,at the light of course,dude pulls up on a Lambo,new one! and starts revving the engine,I said "what?" he replied: "I want to race your bike" I said: "are you sure?" He said: "very sure", I said: " go when you're ready " he took off,I just eased of the clutch,rolled in on it,boost came in like a mofo,passed him right after I clicked second gear spinning my ass off! We did it again at the next light,this time I staged the bike,revved to about 7 grand,the light turned green,we took off,I feathered the clutch,he was beside me through 1rst,clicked second,let all the way out on the clutch and immediately put about 15 car lengths on him,he gave up pretty quickly.Turbo busa $14,000, 2005 lambo over $400,000,smokin his ass twice light to light- Priceless!
laugh.gif

I have no idea! I was in Dubai about a month ago,at the light of course,dude pulls up on a Lambo,new one! and starts revving the engine,I said "what?" he replied: "I want to race your bike" I said: "are you sure?" He said: "very sure", I said: " go when you're ready " he took off,I just eased of the clutch,rolled in on it,boost came in like a mofo,passed him right after I clicked second gear spinning my ass off! We did it again at the next light,this time I  staged the bike,revved to about 7 grand,the light turned green,we took off,I feathered the clutch,he was beside me through 1rst,clicked second,let all the way out on the clutch and immediately put about 15 car lengths on him,he gave up pretty quickly.Turbo busa $14,000, 2005 lambo over $400,000,smokin his ass twice light to light- Priceless!
laugh.gif
He probably bought 12 busa's the next day.
biggrin.gif

Man! I've NEVER had anyone do any of this stuff with me.

I never get to have any fun.......

I guess I should qualify that a bit. I DO get kids wanting me to pop a wheelie... I just grab the bars and act like I am furiously trying to lift it (while stopped at the light), then shrug my shoulders and putter off...

WWJD - you know where Lucky's is downtown? For those who don't, on Thursday nights they are packed with Hardley guys. I pulled up to that light and had some idiot in a Hardley shirt and a grey, scraggley beard down to his belly making motions like he wanted me to pull up on one. I saw the nose of the cop car sticking out from a building about halfway down the block, so I gave him my "It's heavy, and I can't pull it up" routine, then pulled slowly waay from the light, but not until I indicated that he was "Number 1" with me.... A$$hat...

<!--EDIT|pward76
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147806983 -->

All I ever get is thumbs up and nods at lights around here. Occasionally some one will try to pace ahead of me off a light. I just keep so I can see the front quarter panel in my peripheral vision the whole time until they give up.

if I am sitting with a few guys in the mall parking lot, or wherever and some young dumb full of you know what comes up roaring the engine, they always want to race the old guy until they recognize the Kanji.

THATS RIGHT--- FEAR THE KANJI!

<!--EDIT|Ken02busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147799945 -->

Back