Why did you shoot my son? He was a good kid.

Hmmm...

Well, if it didn't end this way, he probably would've just wound up "offering" to wash car windows at a gas station until he got "pushed for no reason".... :poke:

Much as I know everyone loves their kids, this is the kind of thing that makes me VERY glad we don't have kids. Not 'cause we don't like 'em but as you say, you're not really allowed to be a parent any more.

--Wag--

I can't understand why people don't follow clear instructions from armed police. :banghead:

It begins at home, and as long as there is no parental guidance this kind of thing is not going to stop. Sad.

Much as I know everyone loves their kids, this is the kind of thing that makes me VERY glad we don't have kids. Not 'cause we don't like 'em but as you say, you're not really allowed to be a parent any more.

--Wag--

B.S.

I have two kids that I have to raise from 25 miles away (from EACH-yes two diff. mothers-n I could make a whole nutha thread 'bout that:whistle: but lets not n say we did) and I work full-time, have been since my daughter was 1yr old.

My daughter has had to deal with the horrible b.s. of bein in a split household w/two parents that cant even talk to each other, and she's never picked up a joint, a gun, or ran down the hall with scissors:thumbsup: and she's 12 now so I'd say you can raise a child even in horrible circumstances-you just have to willing to put in the time-and if that means driving 2+ hours just to see your kid after school for an hour and a half once a week and two weekends a month?? You do what you got to, as best you can:beerchug:

-and TALK to the kid FO REALZ, not lecture them about s*** alla time.

ps:not saying you dint already know this Wag-just puttin it out there to drop science on those peeps who SHUD be having kids but give up cuz they see s*** like this...those are the SMART couples that NEED to be raising the children of this country-not the idiot f**k-bunnies like me:cheerleader:

just an update- The loser died last night. So now the family can start a lawsuit against the officer and the department.

B.S.

I have two kids that I have to raise from 25 miles away (from EACH-yes two diff. mothers-n I could make a whole nutha thread 'bout that:whistle: but lets not n say we did) and I work full-time, have been since my daughter was 1yr old.

My daughter has had to deal with the horrible b.s. of bein in a split household w/two parents that cant even talk to each other, and she's never picked up a joint, a gun, or ran down the hall with scissors:thumbsup: and she's 12 now so I'd say you can raise a child even in horrible circumstances-you just have to willing to put in the time-and if that means driving 2+ hours just to see your kid after school for an hour and a half once a week and two weekends a month?? You do what you got to, as best you can

ps:not saying you dint already know this Wag-just puttin it out there to drop science on those peeps who SHUD be having kids but give up cuz they see s*** like this...those are the SMART couples that NEED to be raising the children of this country-not the idiot f**k-bunnies like me:cheerleader:

Props to you, that is wonderful. Too bad too many other dudes with kids abroad don't do the same thing.

Even within the motorcycle community, I know too many guys that would rather spend time & money on thier bike than to do that for their kids. And that is BS because the last time I checked no kid asked to be here.

One of these days people will get tired of spoiling their kids and waiting for Oprah, Dr. Phil, & Maury to tell them how to raise them and get back to good old-fashioned azz whoopin. Everyday I am thankful that my parents beat my azz (within reason) and taught me something about life. TOo bad most people just don't get that anymore.

B.S.

My daughter has had to deal with the horrible b.s. of bein in a split household w/two parents that cant even talk to each other, and she's never picked up a joint, a gun, or ran down the hall with scissors:thumbsup: and she's 12 now so I'd say you can raise a child even in horrible circumstances-you just have to willing to put in the time-and if that means driving 2+ hours just to see your kid after school for an hour and a half once a week and two weekends a month?? You do what you got to, as best you can:beerchug:

I don't ENTIRELY disagree with you, but I'll make at least one caveat and that is that some kids are just born good.

I have to believe you got lucky, not that you don't do a great job parenting but I know plenty of people who do a great job parenting and their kids turn out like crap. On the flip side are people who do a crappy job parenting and their kids still do okay.

What bugs me is that if you are having problems with a kid, it's tough to do anything about it without "society" getting in your face about. It sucks.

Read, "Freakonomic." I believe chapter four or five give a good treatise on the subject of parenting.

And keep on doing the good job you're doing with your kids.

--Wag--

Props to you, that is wonderful. Too bad too many other dudes with kids abroad don't do the same thing.

Even within the motorcycle community, I know too many guys that would rather spend time & money on thier bike than to do that for their kids. And that is BS because the last time I checked no kid asked to be here.

One of these days people will get tired of spoiling their kids and waiting for Oprah, Dr. Phil, & Maury to tell them how to raise them and get back to good old-fashioned azz whoopin. Everyday I am thankful that my parents beat my azz (within reason) and taught me something about life. TOo bad most people just don't get that anymore.

As long as it doesn't get to the point of pure abuse. My siblings and I were badly abused and we were terrified to get into trouble. We mostly turned out okay with the exception of a couple of siblings who are abusive to their kids.

But yeah, I think a good whuppin' from a parent has its place.

--Wag--

But yeah, I think a good whuppin' from a parent has its place.

--Wag--

but isn't even SPANKING illegal now? Spanking and BEATING are very different

back on topic... maybe if Media and "news" would glorify successful parents and positive actions in the world, these loser types would see more of that and strive for it instead of JERRY SPRINGER LAND looking like an equateable [albeit false] reality for them

and GOOD ON YA, BIG D for doing all you're doing! love them with tough love and they will love you forever for it.

but isn't even SPANKING illegal now? Spanking and BEATING are very different

back on topic... maybe if Media and "news" would glorify successful parents and positive actions in the world, these loser types would see more of that and strive for it instead of JERRY SPRINGER LAND looking like an equateable [albeit false] reality for them

and GOOD ON YA, BIG D for doing all you're doing! love them with tough love and they will love you forever for it.

I dont know how to do 'tuff love' bro- IMO "love" is very tender and understanding, offering acceptance of mistakes and shortcomings...
I agree w/Wag some kids are easier to raise than others, my family was perfect example; yet I have to say PARENTS are becoming a bunch of gutless twits IMO:
If you are going to let someone who had NOTHING to do with bringin your child into this world decide how they shud act-then YOU as a parent need to held responsible for ANYTHING negative that child does in the future (just my opinion here...) If parents thought they could be prosecuted for their grown-up f**ked up kids killing and stealing and beating others-we'd have a lot less crazy people out here acting stoopid.
Folks are just content to let TV and Wii n PS3 n Xbox teach their kids so they can 'relax' after their hard day at work with garbage-azz food but then they're quick as he11 to cry about how FAT they are, and how 'disconnected' their kids are, and how they have no control over their family... THATS BECAUSE THEIR F**KN P***IES.

the Government can S**K it if they think they control how I raise my kids:thumbsup: I raise my kids as individuals w/individual treatment for each of them-you cant discipline OR motivate ANY two people the exact same way, its just common knowledge-to us SMART people:whistle:

and let me add-Im not at all saddened by the loss of this "loser" (excellent choice of words, Brendan:thumbsup:) and I can only pray his family's obviously idiot-gene-pool doesnt spread, but I know thats hoping for too much cuz he already has a sister...I wont comment on the avg. age of mothers living on the South Side of Milwaukee:whistle:

(but I got fitty bones sez it starts with a "1":moon:)

Back