Wht transciever to use with autocom

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Anyone else use an autocom system? I have it hardwired under my hump and I really love it for intercom between me and momma. I am thinking about buying a transciever to talk bike to bike, but don't know what else is out there. Kenwood is what I hear about most, but I don't want to spend 200.00 for the transciever....
So what advice you got for me?

yeah , i got one through you ! thanks ! dont have the bike to bike , but i am working on addin a push to talk button for my nextel which will help all around if others are using nextel service , i heard through a freind that the voice activated 10 mile radios work ok? 39-100$ for 2 depending on brand ? but the range isnt there , he also said the channels would be the same as the kenwood . but he doesnt have the autocom , that was his awnser when i asked him the same ? kenwoods are pricey and i would also like to have the bike to bike:D

Well, an update on my autocom. I went bike to bike and got the Freetalk XLS from kenwood.
Here's a pic:

I also got the PTT switch, which I already really like, except for the mounting method.

So, in total - I have the active-7, through which I run my cell phone, my MP3 player and now a freetalk xls with the PTT. Works like a champ!

Any FRS/GMRS cheapie radio that has jacks for a headset will work with the standard Autocom two-way wire.  Also, business band radio's work well. Just take a look around Walmart/Best Buy/Radio Shack for the cheapest radio.

However, CB's DO NOT WORK, when you go to transmit the Autocom will screech in your ear.  I've been told routing the antenna separate fixes this, but I haven't tried yet.

<!--EDIT|TheAtomicAss
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149856212 -->

Back