Help with Autocom

gloryboys

Donating Member
Registered
Guys , just had my dealer wire up my autocom too my k9, now I can hear my i-pod, transmit, hear it scream on start up and myself speak, but cannot hear anyone transmit back to me. The receiver LED goes red on transmit and green on receiving but nothing in my helmet. HELP, oh I am in no way electrically minded. Off to recheck all the connections. Thank you for any info.:banghead::banghead:

So lets make sure we have all the facts...

When you connect your helmet to the autocom you can hear music but you cant hear bike to bike...

That tells you that at least the speakers are correct,

1. Are you using PTT or voice activation?
2. Have you adjusted the voice settings yet?
3. What model are you using, superpro AVI ?
4. When you say you see the lights come on are you referring to the radio lights?

have you checked the cable from the radio to the Autocom? Is it pushed in all the way and is it in the correct input?

Ogre don't need no excuse to go for a ride. I don't think it's the dealers fault skydivr, have played around with the connections and it either has a fault in the control unit or a break in one of the cables because moving it around sometimes has the voice cut in from from my friends system.So it does look like a trip to autocom for a full look see.

So lets make sure we have all the facts...

When you connect your helmet to the autocom you can hear music but you cant hear bike to bike...

That tells you that at least the speakers are correct,

1. Are you using PTT or voice activation?
2. Have you adjusted the voice settings yet?
3. What model are you using, superpro AVI ?
4. When you say you see the lights come on are you referring to the radio lights?

have you checked the cable from the radio to the Autocom? Is it pushed in all the way and is it in the correct input?

Heh cap, I have a Prosport7, it's 6 years old and has had a lot of use in that time through all weathers. I have tried using the ptt and vox and can be heard. I cannot hear them transmit to me, The receiver(walky talky) LED goes red on my transmit then green on receiving but it only cuts in if the black box is moved and then only sometimes. So I think there could be a problem internally or a break in one off the cables. The dealer had it wired through the brake light switch ! I dothink it will need Doug at Autocom to look at it.

There should be a cable that plugs into the radio on one end and the other plugs into the autocom, check and make sure that the connection is good and the cable is plugged all the way in... Look on your autocomm and there might be another place you can plug in your radio if that port is bad...

Make sense?

CAp

There should be a cable that plugs into the radio on one end and the other plugs into the autocom, check and make sure that the connection is good and the cable is plugged all the way in... Look on your autocomm and there might be another place you can plug in your radio if that port is bad...

Make sense?

CAp

Yep, It's dark here now so will give it a go in the morning. Thanks for your help will let you know if things change.

CAp, took another look this morning. Checked all the connections I could find and all are good and correct. I do not have another port to connect to, possible reason is this is a custom set up hard wired to the bike and is a set up favoured by instructors due to the amount of use it gets, the unit was put together at the factory for me, so off to the factory I go as soon as I get some down time. I have posted some pics just in case you see something I missed.

DSC01645.jpg

DSC01646.jpg

DSC01647.jpg

DSC01648.jpg

DSC01649.jpg

If the factory is an hour down the road, you lucked out.

This thing looks so complicated, I'd just want to take mine down there and say "here's some $$, just install it".

Back