Who's set up for 2-up touring?

swamplizard

Registered
90% of my riding is with my spouse - we've done European Alps, West coast, Circle Great Lakes, Smokies, New England and around here in FL.

Can you post pictures of your bike set up for touring?

I dont have any decent pics handy (work) but I can tell you where I am headed with mine. Most of my mods thus far have been to make a superior one up SPORT tourer. So most of my mods have centered around my own comfort. Raised bars, Buell pegs, taller ZG Sport Touring shield, heated grips, Throttlemeister, braided lines and a Corbin seat. I am stuck at the moment with a Luggage decision. I want hard bags but I dont want them to be hanging way off the bike looking like absurd add ons. The Corbin bags are sweet looking but ultimately flawed in design as you cannot readily remove them nor do they hold a sufficient volume compared to even the smallest hard bags from Givi, Krauser, Hepco and Becker etc. There is a Suzuki dealer in Post Falls Idaho who makes custom Hayabusa Givi mounts out of a Bandit 1200 mount. These are supposed to be pretty sweet and tight to the bodywork but they are $375 just for the mounts. So I am sitting tight at the moment and just enjoying my bike as is with my trusty old Eclipse tank bag. Good luck!

ive got 1 inch reapers and heli bars on mine. (had to cut zg screen a bit) a rentec luggage rack on the back.and a big tank bag.can get a weeks worth of cloths in them its not bad. every thing gets in ,from her hair dryer to extra set of shoes.im not able to post pics for some reason .but i could email ya some if you would like.its one of the main reasons i own the bike. can put some good 2 up riding time in on it.

Corbin rear seat with backrest, Genmar handlebar risers, Zero Gravity Sports Touring screen. Thinking about footpeg mods.

Here's a pic of a couple Busa's set up for the long haul....

VacationStuff_133.jpg

Corbin seats/with back rest.
Vortec 360 pegs (lowered 1.5 inches)
Race Tech Suspension/Speed Tech installed
1 1/4" handle bar risers
Bike raised 1.0" in the rear for the twisties
Throttle Meister
Radar/Lasar protection
Ventura luggage rack/pack
Givi Tank bag
Stem Stands
Chatterbox direct wired GMRS-X1
Pilot Tires...

<!--EDIT|ks-waterbug
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142638283 -->

Givi stuff -- If you can find a Used Bracket---They won't sell new ones for us Busa owners, cause in 99 and 01 Busa's came with aluminum subframes-- some broke off while riding 2 up with full bags of stuff.

DCP_2963.JPG

Givi stuff -- If you can find a Used Bracket---They won't sell new ones for us Busa owners, cause in 99 and 01 Busa's came with aluminum subframes-- some broke off while riding 2 up with full bags of stuff.
Seems like Givi is missing the boat by not offering a mount for this bike! I was looking at the SW mototech mounts and some of the Givi E360 bags. I can't make up my mind though.

Got any pics of yours from the rear?

Here's a pic of a couple Busa's set up for the long haul....
I concur on that, Sonny  !  
super.gif

Somwhere unda the rainbow Chill'n like Villianz ! I wonder whoz the lil pea head guy up front on the grey/slvr busa  
biggrin.gif

post-6-37973-vacationstuff_138.jpg

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142803708 -->

500 watt 7 speaker sound system, Renn tech bike rack which similar to the Ventura but way cheaper, Nelson Riggs expandable with rain cover saddle bags that can hold a 80x60x5 air mattress with room to spare in one side bag, Bagster expandable tank bag, personally made handlebar riser using washer stacked together with extended bolts, modified Vista cruise control that is on its way to being replace with an electronic audiovox cruise control (thank to my main man Pipefighter), Puig double bubble, Gerbing heated gloves and jacket liner, PSP player for downloaded music, movies, tv shows and downloaded map quest driving direction with maps, and gaming, Valintine V1 radar dector, and Contenital Force Max Tires.

If you would like  to  see photos of the items listed just holla.

Ty

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142804454 -->

OH yeah, cant forget to add my list a tire compressor I jerry rigged using a walmart brand car compressor.

Re: Who's set up for 2-up touring?

Where did You get the lights in the mirrors? Can You post a picture closer? Very nice, Thanks.

Back