Busa Touring Mods - got any?

IMO, raising the rear would be a no-no.... It would put too much weight on your wrists you would regret it. Actually, I lowered mine 2" in the rear and never looked back. It is so much more comfortable like this, and to me, handling is not affected too much. I just got back from The Gap (1076 miles, 3 days) and the only thing that was sore was my legs, from being on my toes in all the corners!

I left my Hump on, did the Hump mod and put a set of Cortech sportbags over it and used a Cortech ten liter tank bag..

I packed a full set of rain gear, My leather pants and more than enough stuff for the three days, plus bought all the souvenier stuff at the Gap lodge, lol....

02Morningof.jpg

anyone ever consider using a trailer while touring?  i have towed one with my FJ1100 and venture before.  i am looking at getting a hitch for the busa (as we are planning a trip to see the Canadian Superbike round in Nova Scotia next weekend) but was wondering if anyone here has done so?  I have a tank bag, along with soft bags (but i am concerned that the movement from the wind will cause scuffing of the paint where they wrap around the tail) and yes i did search it with no results.
biggrin.gif

the only mod that i have right now is a Puig DB.  love the extra wind protection.  monday i will be finding out about the hitch.  here is the one that i am looking at.
http://www.produits-denray.com/SCHEMA/Piece110.doc

(Ludicrous Speed @ Jul. 27 2007,20:59) IMO, raising the rear would be a no-no....  It would put too much weight on your wrists you would regret it...
Amen on that thought, dude. I'd rather lower the 'busa than raise it up. Lowered mine 1" in front and rear, took a lot of stress off of my wrists. Of course the GF doesn't like that I now sit more upright and she can't see as well over me anymore
wink.gif

I agree that the HID Xenon headlights are a must so other drivers not paying attention can see you better and so you can see better in the dark.

A gel seat (or a Tobin, from what I hear?) is another good mod, unless you'd rather have a steel plate surgically inserted in your arse.
cool.gif

A double bubble windscreen will keep you from getting fatigued from the wind blasting you in the face.

A Chatterbox headset (or some equivalent) for tunes along the way.

Some good pack gear of course (I think a lot of people have already shown a lot of versions in this thread).

And of course don't forget the wife / gf / girl-you-met-at-the-bar-last-night for some company! Then I think you're all set!
race.gif

(bigoltool @ Aug. 03 2007,19:39)
(nddragon01 @ Aug. 02 2007,18:34) Lowered mine 1" in front and rear, took a lot of stress off of my wrists.
How did that take any weight off your wrists?
Because by lowering the bike and thus raising the triple clamp slightly, I sit more upright than I did before, so I'm not leaning forward as much putting the pressure on my arms (and wrists).

Just something I've noticed that it did for me.

Lowering my bike made a huge difference. Lowered the front and rear 1 1/2 inches. To be able to flatfoot at a redlight for me is priceless. Maybe it is in my head, but the bike seems more responsive and almost flickable. Then I had the helibars put on. WOW. The position is near perfect. Finally I am sitting in a great position. Upright when I want and easy enough to tuck in and take off.

Lovin my Busa.
race.gif

(wolfx2 @ Aug. 06 2007,16:00) Lowering my bike made a huge difference.  Lowered the front and rear 1 1/2 inches.  To be able to flatfoot at a redlight for me is priceless...
Amen to that bro. There is nothing better than to be able to stand up off the bike while still straddling the bike at redlights and stretch my legs on those long runs.

Guys,

I set out a few years ago to build up the ultimate Tourer. Here's a posting I've done before but there are a couple items added.

Corbin seats and Bags
Helibars
Lowered pegs
throttlemeister
tall screen
HID
Signals Minder
Charge Guard and Battery Charger from Kisan
Heated Grips
Brake Alert
Dual Fiamm Air Horns
PCII, Carbon Cans
K&N Filter
Sliders
Center Stand
Tail Rack
Mirror Extenders

busa3a-1.jpg

busa3a.jpg

most of this has probably been mentioned and i'm too lazy to read all of the posts so here are a few mods that i've done.

1. "hot grips" i've had these for over 5yrs. and they are a must trust me.
2. "buell peg mod" thanks to joe aka (dr 1300)
3. double bubble oem screen
4. "reaper risers" raised my bars 3/4 inch. well worth it especially for my
bad back.
5. hid kit 6k mccullough from the xenon king coming soon this xmas.
6. "GiPro" will smooth out the 1st and 2nd gear on those long trips and your
stuck in city "grid lock" traffic.

Hi
i am another old git doing the miles as well. Just got back from a short wek-end run to paris with my nipper. I use the bar lifters (25mm) and the buell pegs to help strech out a fair bit. Double bubble screen helps out too. The bike has a baglux tank cover and snap on bag.
This is great cos when you stop, its very easy to whip off and it looks after all your impotant bits (passports, wallet, camera etc ). I also converted a wingrack system from another model bike to fit my busa. This system will take a top box (holds 2 helmets), and two 21 ltr side boxes. The top box also has the extra brake light and indicators. Me and `er indoors have done thousands of miles on the busa bagged up like this and have always had plenty of room for our kit (after i slung out half of the daft female extras, that is) thats how we do it, hope this helps out.:welcome:.
ps " i love my busa"

DSC00155.JPG

DSC00156.JPG

DSC00160.JPG

DSC00157.JPG

DSC00159.JPG

IMO, raising the rear would be a no-no.... It would put too much weight on your wrists you would regret it. Actually, I lowered mine 2" in the rear and never looked back. It is so much more comfortable like this, and to me, handling is not affected too much. I just got back from The Gap (1076 miles, 3 days) and the only thing that was sore was my legs, from being on my toes in all the corners!

I left my Hump on, did the Hump mod and put a set of Cortech sportbags over it and used a Cortech ten liter tank bag..

I packed a full set of rain gear, My leather pants and more than enough stuff for the three days, plus bought all the souvenier stuff at the Gap lodge, lol....

02Morningof.jpg

Now, that is a SWEET setup. I have the New Corbin 18L tankbag gonna use it at the Bash. How did you lower rear, adjustable links? I've already got risers/helibars, still want a gel seat.

Tell me more about this Corbin Tank Bag. I couldn't see anything on the Corbin Site.

Now, that is a SWEET setup. I have the New Corbin 18L tankbag gonna use it at the Bash. How did you lower rear, adjustable links? I've already got risers/helibars, still want a gel seat.

Hi there, I'm 32 and love touring, that's the point of theses big bikes hey!Last year my friend and I toured around spain and up through france on our hayabusas, it's a fantastic bike for touring, we covered hundreds of comfortable miles day after day. I used oxford soft luggage, it was great but would have prefered hard luggage. the bikes were just in their element.
Go for it, you'll love it.

Love'm See link below for the stuff I did... Not too much, Laminar Lip and throttle lock give the most. Speakers in Helmet for MP3 Player are next best item. Been from SF to LA on highway and back. SF to Ventura via back roads and back... Lot's of SF Bay Area stuff.

Back