Setting up for 2-up riding this season

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Will be hauling around some hot dollies this season so I'm setting up a comfortable ride for them for long haul rides.
Anybody ever tried one of these fugly things? Gas tank mounted ugly thing. Also lookin for a rear mounted 2-piece grab bar in black with no holes or grafx like the one pictured below thanks

.Rubb.

I thought about one of those but couldn't stand the look. Since that has a removable handle I may have to take another look.
I like that new feature aswell,but also cant stand the look.Wouldn't want that mounting bracket left on there either,far to an@l for that. I'd be unbolting it after every use. :banghead: Rubb.

Just buy or make a backrest.
If your really worried about her hanging on to something upfront. I’m sure you can find something for her.

Just buy or make a backrest
Had really nice matching set of Corbin's front and rear but didn't like them.The backrest on the pillion pushed my assenger's closer to me,good thing right? Not. Fun for awhile but too much pressure on my busted up back,shoulders and wrist's. :banghead: Rubb'd up against.

Had really nice matching set of Corbin's front and rear but didn't like them.The backrest on the pillion pushed my assenger's closer to me,good thing right? Not. Fun for awhile but too much pressure on my busted up back,shoulders and wrist's. :banghead: Rubb'd up against.
I was to cheap to buy one so I made one not the nicest looking but works well actually allows passenger to lean back a little so you can create some distance.

image.jpg

image.jpg

If you are going to be taking some poor unsuspecting lady on that crazy bike of yours, some sort of backrest would be beneficial so she doesn't launch off it when you whack the go fast handle....

I wouldn't go with the tank handle as in having someone hold that would restrict your movements (and it looks, well ugly as heck).

Hey rubber tommorow wen I get a few minutes I'l give u a review on the tank handle. Been using it for awhile now. And just about anytime I'm on the busa I'm 2up. There are pros and cons but worth it imo as long as the girl is in sync with you cause like yellow says it can restrict movement when I go to lean or hang off in the twisties if she isn't paying attention. I have the nylon one, little more expensive but I read the solid alum one will put more stress on tank and cause cracks. You don't even see it when on the bike (see pic)but when not on the bike it is ugly imo (see other pic) but only takes a minute to remove when back to solo

Just ditch the passenger idea mate, too much hassle and consequences for when it all goes south.
And with that fire breathing monster you have, it's not 'if' it turns to crap . . . it's 'when'
Sorry to upset your well laid plans lol., just take the girl out for a taco and a movie, she'll still luvya later for a sexy time . . . :D

Will be hauling around some hot dollies this season so I'm setting up a comfortable ride for them for long haul rides.
Anybody ever tried one of these fugly things? Gas tank mounted ugly thing. Also lookin for a rear mounted 2-piece grab bar in black with no holes or grafx like the one pictured below thanksView attachment 1615289

.Rubb.
Seems to serve a function but would spend $ else where. Passenger can introduce input on to the frame through pressing on the tank. Learned this 1st & only time I had son as a passenger. He was placing his hands onto the tank which caused the bike to respond very oddly; enough for me to start looking for the source very concerned as to what changed & why.

My lady prefers to ride with out the back rests and has yet to even come close to falling off in any seat with a reasonable designer for a passenger
That said I have a back rest c10 made and I do believe it will fit a Busa
you would need ask him how it goes on because I never bothered to figure it out
Yours for half the cost of postage
I can take pictures if that helps
jp

I just ride differently with a passenger. Accelerate and brake like a chauffeur. Have some fun in the turns. Motorcycling together can be very intimate :)

I just ride differently with a passenger. Accelerate and brake like a chauffeur. Have some fun in the turns. Motorcycling together can be very intimate :)

Boy meets girl.
Boy sweeps girl off her feet.

Girl drags boy off his feet.

Girl stands on own 2 feet...after divorce.

A love story by:
Rubb.

Been using an 'Oxford' pillion belt for years. Just a wide webbing type belt, clips easy low around riders waist/hips over your riding gear. Adjustable, comfortable has 2 grips for the pillion to hold onto. They're braced when your braking and can't slide backwards.No force on your back, all through your legs. Wife loves it, she feels super secure and we don't bother fitting the grab rail, no need. Pillion ride ready in a couple of seconds, hump off - seat on. Would highly recommend to any one who does a bit of 2 up riding. Agree with Red05 if shes comfy and secure = smooth fast fun

Back