Who will be first to put this technology into a helmet?

Thats pretty sweet. It would be even better if it used android and synched with your phone with your apps like gps essentials.

I agree, we should have this technology especially considering how expensive our helmets are. That would be very sweet. Right now however, living here in the Pacific Northwest, I'd be happy with just a face shield defroster.

Yeah I could justify shelling out a ton of money for a helmet that had a H.U.D. Which synced with the dash on my busa and displayed speed, tach, gear, etc. All the while not having to take my eyes off the road. It just makes me wonder how snowboarders get this type of technology before us ???

Oakley isn't the first to do this. We had a rep from Zeal Optics come in and show us a few of there snow goggles and they were impressive. Zeal also had a set with a HD camera built into the center top and the screen would show you what it was seeing but it could take pictures and do "play back" on it also.

ight now however, living here in the Pacific Northwest, I'd be happy with just a face shield defroster.

have you looked into "snowmobile helmets?" like the HJC CS-R1 Daggar Electric Full Face

HJC-CS-R1-Daggar-Electric-Full-Face-Snowmobile-Helmet-at-$148.jpg

That is really cool but I never like the idea of music blasting through a helmet on a street bike. Prolong exposure to just the wind noise is enough to cause hearing damage.

I was just thinking the other day when we would be able to have a Tony Stark helmet dashboard on the windscreen.

The Oakley Goggles are available on their website for $599.99 in two diff colors. It would be a great option for our bike helmets but all the controls are on a wrist device, so accessing while on the move is a no go. Insane tech, wish I had a speedo and tach on my faceshield.

you know they had a HUD for bikes for a while, it didnt have the GPS integration but was pretty good about speed, gear, tach, radar (if you connected a detector). The biggest complaint was that it didnt incorporate a fuel gauge light and folks were running down on the tank because they werent ever looking down :laugh:

I've found the LG 700 bluetooth headset to work pretty good for use in the helmet. I dont use it for talking on the phone but music, gps and it came with an app that reads my txt messages to me. the controls are around my neck so I can change music, etc pretty easy. I guess if they ever did come up with something like this Oakley stuff I'd probably have to give it a try though :thumbsup:

The unit Oakley is putting into it's helmets is made by a company in Canada named Recon might be Recon Instruments if you Google them. The unit Oakley is using in their Goggles sells for $299 and there's a diff one that reports real time data for a little more. I spoke to Recon and they are working on partnering with helmet manufacturers now because the current units won't fit properly in a helmet.

I believe all the current company's making them are only for skiing purposes right now

Back