who\'s got the most miles?

OB_Britabuser

Registered
Okay, let's hear how many miles you guys have put on your 'busa's so far. Who has the most? Also any problems showing up with higher miles?

I've only got 630 miles on my partially broken in baby so far but I have to ride my R6 also or it gets jealous!.

4,200 flying miles, and there is one thing to be said "Mr. Valentine thank you for the great detector" cause everyday is a definate brush with radar and laser! :)

Only problem the clutch drags sometimes when the bike is warm.

I have had mine since 5/22/99, and have 1650 dreamy miles on it! Runs like a top, smooth, strong, and oh....very fast! I've played around with a guy on a Buell s2 (no match), and had to show a pesky kid on a ZX-9 what horsepower is all about. (not even a close match-up). If and when I get enough spare cash, I'm going to buy a Silver and Copper one too!

Waiting on my second service with 4300 miles. Have managed 180mph on a quiet Swiss motorway. Plenty left but not sure if I will get another opportunity. Clutch a bit noisey but dealer said he will look into it at service. Still waiting for a centre stand.
BigPete.

KawAbuser:
Where did you install your Valentine in order to get signal from the front and the back and whitout getting it wet (live in Miami and the rainseason just startet)? I also have the extra face for the Valentine so I don't need to see the main-unit. Thanx

i have don now 4200km ,have my second rear tire now ,its a pirelli dragon gts it handels very good ,tire reduction all most notting ,not even after a very fast trip tru germany too the WSB at the nurnburg ring last weekend,over 800 km ,all at speed off 220 kph or more also topspeeds off 320 kph only ofcourse for my red bus ,my friends who were with me cut not follow hehehe!! i think its a good tire that last muchs longer then the bridstone temp. on that day was about 22C SO IT WAS NOT COLD ,further no problems . jan

3,750 Miles and loving Life. The only hitch is power cutouts. On three maybe four occasions the engine has lost power wale riding and almost stalled but snaps back to life after 2 to 3 seconds. It doesn’t rely consern me. I also own a 1999 Buell X1 Lightening witch has some serious problems. Iv had it a month longer than my Hayabusa with about the same miles. It’s been in the shop 5 times for a total of 21 days. I like the Buell but I don’t take it far for fear that I won’t make it back. Compared to that or any bike Iv owned the Busa is a dream

4,600 very swet miles around the UK and Europe.
Had 180MPH two up and it was toooooo easy !!!

2nd set of tyres at 3,100.

Nasty vibraion at 3,500---4,500 RPM, dealer assures me it is normal ??????

4,600 very sweet miles around the UK and Europe.
Had 180MPH two up and it was toooooo easy !!!

2nd set of tyres at 3,100.

Nasty vibration at 3,500---4,500 RPM, dealer assures me it is normal ??????

Busaman that vibration is not normal. I dont have any vibration at that rpm. Now at 4600 rpm you can feel the torque start to come on
and you might be mistaking this as a vibration.........does the bike shake or what.........OH.....i have 1350 miles on mine....bike runs great!!!

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 04 July 1999).]

10,500 miles Cam chain Tensoiner Failed Monday Bent Valves cracked guides,head and pistons are marked up.
Thanks davey

2700 fine miles. No problems to complain about. I do have to take it out for lunch every day though. You know black bird and R1 1st course lunch. ;)

Anyone else besides Davey have 10,500 miles or more?

I guess what I am really asking is this: are GSX1300R motors going to be problematic with big miles? I know that the GSXR1100 motors are not only bulletproof, but are generally regarded as the benchmark by which other motors are measured for reliability, like the ZX11 motors. Lots of research, experience, etc, and generally people looking to drag pick one of these two motors.

Are GSX1300R motors going to be as good as the GSXR1100 motors?

Anyone else have big miles yet?

On a short ride into town I turned on to a street behind the Mall, short Shifted to second the motor Shut off I pulled in the Clutch driffted into the mall lot on the Fly I tried to restart I released the start button like it was a rattlesnake the Terrible noise from the Bus>As I had expected the Cam Chain Tensioner Spring had broken the little loop on the end.
If You like the Service manager is Eric LeRue at 1-800-633-9458 they are good people!
Thanks Davey

My Busa rolled over 3000 today.
Back tire is about done.
Wish the Mtns were closer!
The false neutral between 4th & 5th has cleared up,but still a neutral showing up from time to time between 5th & 6th.
I just keep constant pressure on the shifter while releasing the clutch.

Back