2000 Busas - who has got the most miles?

OB_Factory

Registered
Ok guys - and gal - New Y2k Busas arrived last week. For many of us, the weather was great - Let's hear your stories - where did you go? How far did you ride? Who has the most miles? Tickets? Close calls - (hope not!) Has another bike ever drawn so much attention?

...and if it was too cold to ride, how many hours did you spend with your baby - just staring at her?

Fess up, it's ok.

Hang in there man!

I won't rub it in about how in Texas, the weather was about 60 degrees all weekend long and that.... Oh yeah, I wasn't going to rub it in.

Well had dinner tonight with Todd, he picks his 2k up in the morning and then rides back to Oklahoma. So after that, I would say he will have 500 + miles (in one day).

Todd's ride up was quite the "cold" experience for him. 8 hours on ride left him a bit numb.

Looks like Olathe Suzuki will have a copper/silver 99 busa for sale after Monday. Don't recall seeing many used bikes out there.

[This message has been edited by jeffw (edited 26 December 1999).]

500 for the ride home - Not bad! Especially considering the breakin period where you really aren't suppose to go more than about 5-6 grand on the tach. As I recall, those were some of the most difficult miles I put on my bike - oh the self control.

175 since last monday, weather is supposed to be good tomm. so I'll probably get another 150 or so. I can't say that I've managed the restraint others have shown as far as the break-in goes. Oh well, I've never been nice to the engines I've owned, and they've all treated me right.

Hope the sun shines for all of you!

Central Florida woke up to low 30s this morning. My wife and I were going to meet some busa riders at a local Angel's but we chickened-out at the last minute (good thing too, I ended up taking a trip to Eckerds for some TheraFlu formula). Around noon it was gorgeous outside, and the both busas were beggin to be taken out ... I took a nap (TheraFlu's great); it was six by the time I woke up. Damn!

Elena's red busa has 26 miles on it so far.

--Felix

We are clearly lacking in good stories associated with the 2000 Busas.

Is it possible that the guys with the best stories just haven't stopped long enough to log into .ORG??

Well I made it! 463 miles one way. The trip up on Sunday went well until I got within about 60 miles of Kansas City and ran into the cold front. By the time I got to Olathe I was suffering from hypothermia and I was pretty dinged out. I took a boiling hot shower and felt better. Then Jeff stopped by and we had dinner. (thanks again for the snow crab legs Jeff!) That brought me back to the real world again. I headed over to the dealer this morning shortly after nine and traded in my copper 99'. The red Y2K DOES lean towards BURGANDY. Here's a pic from the dealer with both bikes. The fellow working on the Y2K works at the dealership.
http://www.qsl.net/n5mya/todd1.jpg
[Yeah it's a huge pic - should have seen it before I resized!] This pic gives a much better idea than other pics of what the red Busa really looks like. I'll have a whole batch of pics when I redo my web page later this week. (on vacation this week with warm weather forecasted) I'll miss my copper Busa since it took very good care of me and NEVER gave me even one single problem - BUT I'm very happy with the new Busa and my kids went nuts when I pulled in this evening. I discovered that the drivers in Kansas are some of the most courteous I've ever encountered and they were very good about moving out of the fast lane and letting me by when I pulled up behind with the Busa's twin beams blazing. On the way home it came to my attention that I was only doing around 105 mph at 5500 rpm in 6th. I was thinking the 99' was closer to 115 at 5500 in 6th? Very good throttle response and pick up in 6th from 75 - 105 - better than I remember on the 99'. It made me wonder if 6th is shorter for 2000 but I may be imagining things? Could the maps have changed for better response? It could have just been the cold dense air and the tailwind I had on the way home. Jeff got my new for 2000 lower bracket on correctly and it will be nice not having the bottom fairing gap. Well that's a quick summary of my trip. I'll have more pics later this week.

Todd, nice pic. Hope you enjoy the new red bike! Just got my wife one in red also; it's great!!!! ;)

--Felix

BTW, what's that hanging off the left hand side of the copper busa (near the sidestand)? Looks like a loose wire or some such.

Todd - Great looking bike! Thanks for the update on the ride home.

Coco - My money says that it's the wire hookup for his electic vest. Double or nothin says he's bent over hooking up the electic vest wiring on his 2000.

It would have been nice to have an electric vest but they are unheard of in these parts. That's the cord for my V1 remote audio adaptor. (V1 uses phone cords) The guy working on the Y2 works for the dealership and he was helping me switch over my tank bag, tank cover etc

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 27 December 1999).]

DAMN - I hate being wrong!

BTW, I don't have an electic vest either, but all of my girlie friends do! I refuse to ride with one since I a real man and all! (more good BS :) )

Back