Who rode the most miles in 1999?

OB_Big Ed

Registered
I’m not limiting this to miles on the Busa. I’m talking about the most miles on any bikes combined. I wrecked my R1 September of 1998 and I didn’t do much riding until March of 1999. I bout a Buell X1 at the beginning of March and the Busa in April. The Buell just hit 7,000 miles and the Busa has 8,600 miles. So I have a total of 15,600 miles (give or take) for the year.

I have just gone by the 20,000km point for my Busa that I picked up at the end of April. Not sure what I did on the RF400 before that but also had put on a little over 5000km on my KLE400 mostly with weekend fun rides in the country.

Who said addicted ???

Hmmm... about 5500 on the Busa, 8300 on the Bandit 600 and 3800 on the Bandit 400. 17,600 'ish. Helps not to have a car :)

About 16000 miles, equally divided between a Yamaha in first part of year and the Busa in latter half. That's with almost no riding in Jan., due to being out of the country, and only 400 Busa miles between the middle of June and mid-July due to moving, etc.

5,400 on the Busa by year's end, plus about 1,000 this year on the CBR1000 I traded in on the Busa in June.

I have about 12,700 miles on my ZX9 and about 1,800 miles on my 750 Turbo. So about 14,500 miles. And I live in Ohio so cold, snow and salt are a big facter.

This year... about 25,000 on my lowly '97 7R. It curently has 66K on it and I figure by trade-in (in March), it'll be getting close to 70K. Right now, it's getting it's first trip to the dealer (well, the engine is... the rest is in my shop). I do my own "service work", but I don't do transmissions (5th gear dogs). The most I've done in one day (and returned home) is a little over 500 miles and I did 916 that weekend. If I dont do abot 600 a weekend... I start jonesin'!

I doubt my riding of other bikes would add up to 1,000 miles, so I won't count them.

[This message has been edited by redelk (edited 29 December 1999).]

I rode 20,300 miles this season on my Vmax, which now has 57,000 miles on it. And that was with about 3 weeks of downtime during prime season waiting for a stator and figureing out an ignition problem. I hope to top this next year with my new Busa. This will be my first new bike, so hopefully no troubles!

Kelly's Motorcycle Blue Book say the average sportbike over 750 cc's, should average 5,200 miles a year. Wheat does your dealers say is "average"?

Well, I did a total of around 18,000 on my Honda ST1100 but that's what it's for - Long Distance Riding. 5000 of those were during the 5-day Butt Lite rally in the Midwest. Just getting to the and back from the rally tacked on another 3300 miles. Then there was a ride down to Bend Oregon for WESToc, a ride to California to pick up my Russell Day Long seat with a campout on the coast. Then a quick jaunt to see my Grandmother in Oregon. And finally, a day trip to Horseshoe Bend, Idaho for Chiliburgers.

I also commute everyday on the ST (occationally on the Busa).

I've only put a couple of hundred miles on my Busa.

Joe Zulaski
Seattle, WA

Back