Who Rode Today?

Can you show the holder for the gopro please...how did you mount it?

The frame slider mount is limited re: forward view but next video run I'm putting the articulated arm on the slider clamp to put more distance between camera and bike body

The bike's nose mount is very good, except it lacks any frame of reference (like a windshield, a wheel ... anything to put the ride in perspective). Just the road ahead, and with stabilization turned ON, you get the impression you're floating over the highway. Makes for boring video quickly IMO, but allows phenom screen captures for stills as @SSGT_B I think mentioned.

The helmet mount almost always delivers good camera angle. I can even swivel the arm so it's under the helmet's chin, but at that location it restricts rider head movement.

This is all for a single cam setup. Multiple cameras allow you to shoot the rider, and a variety of shots from behind, either forward-looking or looking back.

Scotch makes a mounting tape (Extreme Mounting Tape), as does 3M for attaching the mounts to various places. The Scotch brand is cheaper but has not yet let me down.

You can buy all these mount attachments (and a ton more) thru GoPro if you're rich, but there are several vendors that offer knock-offs for significantly less $$$, all fully compatible with my Hero 7
Mounts1.png

Mounts2.png

Mounts3.png

The frame slider mount is limited re: forward view but next video run I'm putting the articulated arm on the slider clamp to put more distance between camera and bike body

The bike's nose mount is very good, except it lacks any frame of reference (like a windshield, a wheel ... anything to put the ride in perspective). Just the road ahead, and with stabilization turned ON, you get the impression you're floating over the highway. Makes for boring video quickly IMO, but allows phenom screen captures for stills as @SSGT_B I think mentioned.

The helmet mount almost always delivers good camera angle. I can even swivel the arm so it's under the helmet's chin, but at that location it restricts rider head movement.

This is all for a single cam setup. Multiple cameras allow you to shoot the rider, and a variety of shots from behind, either forward-looking or looking back.

Scotch makes a mounting tape (Extreme Mounting Tape), as does 3M for attaching the mounts to various places. The Scotch brand is cheaper but has not yet let me down.

You can buy all these mount attachments (and a ton more) thru GoPro if you're rich, but there are several vendors that offer knock-offs for significantly less $$$, all fully compatible with my Hero 7
View attachment 1618855
View attachment 1618856
View attachment 1618857
I appreciate the explanation John.
I have a gopro myself and know all these things. I was wondering how he mounted the holder of the gopro on top of the triple tree.... sorry - maybe I wasnt specific enough with my question.

I appreciate the explanation John.
I have a gopro myself and know all these things. I was wondering how he mounted the holder of the gopro on top of the triple tree.... sorry - maybe I wasnt specific enough with my question.

Hey bud, it’s just a plate that I painted and used Velcro I had laying around to secure it. Going to use some black Velcro when I get some from the store. I have another matching plate that I am putting a cell phone mount on.

F4495637-D4C1-45D9-A28D-B44CAF5D9D58.jpeg

A7C637A7-0B42-4B30-8CA3-1D965E29C573.jpeg

268CFAD6-4071-44D9-ABF8-8E37B390D7A0.jpeg

And a couple other ones.

FE2D56C9-4D5E-4291-B142-7F144E593321.jpeg

70542FBC-FCB0-4D1A-B634-A96CBFB83EE1.jpeg

Got out this morning for a 100 mile round trip to hever castle in Kent (garden of England)View attachment 1618835
View attachment 1618836

View attachment 1618837
Gorgeous English garden pics there mate, England is so old!! lol. ( coming from a Kiwi, 180 years of history lol.)
Nice lookin' Busa too!

I went for a blast today, 220km around the block to get groceries!
Weather is great considering it's only 5 weeks away from the shortest day here, June 22nd.
Traffic was light, light winds, around 15 degC with wind chill around 10degC. the great thing is the lack of foreigners in campervans, I feel a lot less prone when I'm out there on the road. We had a good ride and swapped bikes for the trip home, the K6 Gixxer is a fun fast quick steering race bike with lights.
The power is easily as good if not better than my Busa, . . . . the Busa felt like getting on a bus when I got back on her, but it was good to have the extra room to stretch out a little lol.
The Busa has nice, lazy , creep up onya type power and the K6 GSXR is way more in ya face and URGENT power delivery, the chassis is light and airborne regularly over the lumps and bumps in the road it really feels lively!
My mate said he liked the Busa , but 'was a bit heavy' and felt a 'bit wallowy in the bumpy turns at speed. Ha. He's not used to having suspension absorbing the impacts on the road on his K6. lol.

9C20BF66-658B-4DEE-AE5B-61CF40EE55B9.jpeg

AF8C173E-84BD-4154-AC0D-74DECA0F8CEA.jpeg

98E21C18-15F3-460F-942F-83F94D9BEF0F.jpeg

Gorgeous English garden pics there mate, England is so old!! lol. ( coming from a Kiwi, 180 years of history lol.)
Nice lookin' Busa too!

I went for a blast today, 220km around the block to get groceries!
Weather is great considering it's only 5 weeks away from the shortest day here, June 22nd.
Traffic was light, light winds, around 15 degC with wind chill around 10degC. the great thing is the lack of foreigners in campervans, I feel a lot less prone when I'm out there on the road. We had a good ride and swapped bikes for the trip home, the K6 Gixxer is a fun fast quick steering race bike with lights.
The power is easily as good if not better than my Busa, . . . . the Busa felt like getting on a bus when I got back on her, but it was good to have the extra room to stretch out a little lol.
The Busa has nice, lazy , creep up onya type power and the K6 GSXR is way more in ya face and URGENT power delivery, the chassis is light and airborne regularly over the lumps and bumps in the road it really feels lively!
My mate said he liked the Busa , but 'was a bit heavy' and felt a 'bit wallowy in the bumpy turns at speed. Ha. He's not used to having suspension absorbing the impacts on the road on his K6. lol.

View attachment 1618868

View attachment 1618869

View attachment 1618870

I read where you said the "K6 Gixxer" had as much power as your bike and due to the "K6" part I thought of the Gixxer as a 600 and thought "oh my, your Busa must be really down in power."

Then I recalled it's a 1000 Gixxer from your other riding posts.

I read where you said the "K6 Gixxer" had as much power as your bike and due to the "K6" part I thought of the Gixxer as a 600 and thought "oh my, your Busa must be really down in power."

Then I recalled it's a 1000 Gixxer from your other riding posts.
Yup, she's a 1000cc bike, I actually bought a brand new one the same back in 2006, had it for 3 years. They are an awesome bike, but I reckon the Busa is a better road bike, the GSXR1000 is more track focused, not fun to sit on the speed limit all crouched over on it, the pegs are high and the bars are low, the seat is thin and stiff as a stiff thing but the power is mental and the torque is excellent, on par with the Busa believe it or not. The K6 model of the GSXR1000 range was the best motor they made with the widest spread of torque and HP due to a long stroke, longer than other 1000cc model GSXR's.
Anyway, we both had a great day riding fast bikes on great roads with minimal traffic and NO cops!!!
Good times . . . and, as I write this, our lockdown is over from today.
Back to life being harder again lol.

Yup, she's a 1000cc bike, I actually bought a brand new one the same back in 2006, had it for 3 years. They are an awesome bike, but I reckon the Busa is a better road bike, the GSXR1000 is more track focused, not fun to sit on the speed limit all crouched over on it, the pegs are high and the bars are low, the seat is thin and stiff as a stiff thing but the power is mental and the torque is excellent, on par with the Busa believe it or not. The K6 model of the GSXR1000 range was the best motor they made with the widest spread of torque and HP due to a long stroke, longer than other 1000cc model GSXR's.
Anyway, we both had a great day riding fast bikes on great roads with minimal traffic and NO cops!!!

I guess that's why Suzuki based the GSX line on that platform...
I sat on a buddy of mine's a while back and I concur, I wouldn't go any distance on that thing...

I guess that's why Suzuki based the GSX line on that platform...
I sat on a buddy of mine's a while back and I concur, I wouldn't go any distance on that thing...
Yeah, I’m 5’11”” and 83kg and it was cramped , but after 5 minutes and concentrated attention on the road, I hardly noticed the riding position any longer, and for an older guy (62) I was happy with my ride on it, 11 years has passed since I owned mine and I really don’t want to go back to the GSXR platform again. The Busa is pretty plush and fast!!

Got out myself for a short 60 mile round trip ride to read to my 8 yr old grand daughter through the patio door...

She was pretty happy to see me and really wanted to get a hug out of me but I behaved myself and followed the Covid procedure out of respect for her mother. She wanted to go sit on my bike and asked me if she could have it when she gets bigger....I was pretty happy to say sure she could have it.

It was windy as all heck out on the hiway but good thing this bike is so well planted, I hardly got pushed around at all unlike the poor bugger on the R6 ahead of me (at one point), he was like a leaf in the wind.

I stopped by to fuel up and two HD bikes came in, one was a really loud Sportster with a young guy aboard.

He walked over to check out the Busa...and showed his complete ignorance...he said "bet she's quick" I said "it will go the speed limit". He said "no torque in them ricers though" I said "this one has plenty enough for me"

At that time his buddy came over (older guy) He said to the younger guy "remember that Yamaha R1 I had", the younger guy nodded "that thing was stupid fast". The older guy said "one of these blew by so fast one day that I almost wanted to trade it in, I thought it was the fastest thing on the street until that day" " That thing is a 1340cc hyper bike and judging by the goodies he has, it must be a low flying missile"

I almost laughed as the young guys eyebrows met his hair line and said "wow"

I didn't even have to open my mouth to have someone put their foot in theirs...it felt kind of good.

I waved good by and proceeded to idle away with zero show off points.

P.S. I get to take along a few RJ parts thanks to Bryan ( @c10 ) makes my bike feel faster.

DSC01740.JPG

DSC01741.JPG

I clearly remember doing a Suzuki test ride day down at Avon City Suzuki (Kiwi works there now) and took out all sorts on offer , took the GSXR thou out then the Gen2 , didnt like the ergos or the flighty front end over bumps on the K1, then i took the Gen2 over the same road and speed the planted feel was so much better i was sold :D

Yesterday I had my first Hayabusa ride. Note that a couple of weeks ago was the very first season ride on the VFR. At the time I thought that I would take the super-ultralightweight racing bike out first, being completely out of riding shape and all. (Ergo do not challenge myself around the slow city with Big Berthazuki) However when it came time to see that the Hayabusa would start right up without a burp post-winter, the ride felt comfortable, like no time had passed. My winter activity was a lot more robust than prior years. The sheer imbalance I many times feel on the first rides was not there. It was a typical hour ride, mostly city with moderate traffic, connecting areas via freeways. I rarely stop so I do not have any pictures. Too bad as there was not a cloud in the sky and it was in the 50's.

Due to the VFR I am changing my thought process regarding an exhaust for the Hayabusa. The VFR being older, currently with a racing muffler, and the cam gear whine is excessively loud. Even the molded earplugs and a Shoei GT Air (although I tend to open the face) do not subdue it enough. Then riding the Hayabusa with the stock monsters (what do you smarter guys call the part description from the OEM microfiche, "Potato Launcher L/R"?) I feel a bit of sound relief and think that relatively speaking, "oh this is better!". I have no worry of disturbing the citizens either. Though the mechanic will continue to push for a single-side to ease the maintenance. Hrm.

Back