Who Rode Today?

Awesome color on that bike....

You just have to feel the effect of that huge block on the back, you just have to.
Knock off fairings that fit like crap but yeah the colour was good, bought that bike like that from a dealership , to be fair to them they supplied a complete original set to go with.

You're prolly right about the effect , i guess im just used to lugging bags like that on all the bikes ive owned and are just used to it.

Knock off fairings that fit like crap but yeah the colour was good, bought that bike like that from a dealership , to be fair to them they supplied a complete original set to go with.

You're prolly right about the effect , i guess im just used to lugging bags like that on all the bikes ive owned and are just used to it.

That color is nice! :firing: Haven’t you guys tried tankbags? They come in all sizes and even smaller ones are expandable. Ideal for day trips. Mine is magnetic and holds tight at any speed. I use it for extra gloves etc and as a cooler!:laugh: Some are strapped. The (only) time I’ve seen that rear setup is on long distance touring rigs. There’s usually a bedroll and maybe a large seatbag to go with it. Never by itself like I see on yours and Kiwis. I really like the look of the hump and the streamlining of the body work and use a tankbag for day rides or overnighters. For a 2-3 day trip I might remove the hump then and use a small tailbag over the rear seat (and) a tankbag. On tour I use a 22” seatbag and leave the hump at home.:DI can also stow stuff inside the hump with easily removed twist fasteners I replaced the OEM screws with. Seems odd, not that you guys use them but that (most) of you use them there and (most) of us don‘t (if any). I’ve never seen a solo Busa rider with that rear setup that didn’t also have a couple more bags to go with it.

That color is nice! :firing: Haven’t you guys tried tankbags? They come in all sizes and even smaller ones are expandable. Ideal for day trips. Mine is magnetic and holds tight at any speed. I use it for extra gloves etc and as a cooler!:laugh: Some are strapped. The (only) time I’ve seen that rear setup is on long distance touring rigs. There’s usually a bedroll and maybe a large seatbag to go with it. Never by itself like I see on yours and Kiwis. I really like the look of the hump and the streamlining of the body work and use a tankbag for day rides or overnighters. For a 2-3 day trip I might remove the hump then and use a small tailbag over the rear seat (and) a tankbag. On tour I use a 22” seatbag and leave the hump at home.:DI can also stow stuff inside the hump with easily removed twist fasteners I replaced the OEM screws with. Seems odd, not that you guys use them but that (most) of you use them there and (most) of us don‘t (if any). I’ve never seen a solo Busa rider with that rear setup that didn’t also have a couple more bags to go with it.
I’ve used tank bags on various bikes I’ve had, I had a genuine KTM tank bag on my 990 Adventure, it was good because the riding position suited it but I’ve used a tank bag on my ‘91 GSXR1100 and I didn’t really like it much coz the riding position meant that I was leaning on it and also it was marking the paint on the top of the tank.
So I’ve had that bag on the rear pack rack for many years now and have totally gotten used to it. Also, it’s just common in NZ and Australia to see this set up used to lug around stuff, it’s behind you and outta sight, outta mind whilst riding.
It seems to make little to no difference to the handling of the Busa, and no difference to the power. . . So that’s my reasoning for having it, it’s practical and handy.

Yeah we get tankbags down here , im personally are'nt fond of them i prefer small tailbags for dayrides, big enough for a drinkbottle/gloves etc. For a long time there wasnt many options for us Kiwis for storage mostly Ventura products Motorbike Accessories - Motorcycle Luggage NZ | Ventura for many many years - thats what we're used to. Stuff from the US was/is dear, its over 8500miles flight distance to NZ from Cali or over 11000m from the UK thats a bit of frieght charge going on :shocked:

This pic is a usual set up except bag is on the back seat usually the otherway round 2 up, the wife decided to go back home with her brother on his trike that day.

Yeah we get tankbags down here , im personally are'nt fond of them i prefer small tailbags for dayrides, big enough for a drinkbottle/gloves etc. For a long time there wasnt many options for us Kiwis for storage mostly Ventura products Motorbike Accessories - Motorcycle Luggage NZ | Ventura for many many years - thats what we're used to. Stuff from the US was/is dear, its over 8500miles flight distance to NZ from Cali or over 11000m from the UK thats a bit of frieght charge going on :shocked:
View attachment 1618120

View attachment 1618121

This pic is a usual set up except bag is on the back seat usually the otherway round 2 up, the wife decided to go back home with her brother on his trike that day.
View attachment 1618122
I use the bag I have because I used to carry a few cans of beer, extra clothing, food, and stuff needed for a day trip, rather than the small bag like you have for day rides Nath.

Givi tank bag here for day trips. Kinda floats above the tank and doesn't mark the paint.
Ventura rack also here for overnight, weekends, touring and generally carrying stuff
The tank bag goes on every ride apart from into work

People ask why so many bags ( tail , side cases , tank bag in a side case ) One RJ looks more tour than a Sport bike , often use RJ for errands , and never know how much ill come or go with . A nice thing about the side case is locking , and weight down low . The tank bag comes out of a side case if needed for additional storage . Both cases , tail bag / tank bag give me 92 liters teamed with another 12 under seat . Making 104 liters . To top it off adding the Top trunk adds another 37 liters for a grand total 141 ;) All packed up were still lighter than a OEM gen 2 Busa .

probably no riding today. Hopefully tomorrow. My wife unit has me caught up in painting the bathroom, although it has needed it since we moved in. Last owners had a funky orangish, dirty yellow. When done it will have white ceilings with light grey-ish walls. Now back to the regular scheduled discussion about bikes and pie :D

I dragged out the Bumblebee and went for a tear through the back roads....I came upon 4 big HDs pulling out of a side road going in the same direction as I was...

I saw them through my mirrors quickly pulling up on my six and then splitting in two groups and it looked like they were going to pass me on the left and right from behind...I said to myself "not today you aren't...!!!" I dropped 2 gears and pinned it using my speed shifter to accelerate...

When I slowed enough I could see out my mirrors, there was no sight of these bikes, I don't know how fast I was going but everything was a blur and it was like I was riding in a tunnel.

I only wish I could have seen their faces when my bike disappeared like the Millennium Falcon going to hyper space.

I dragged out the Bumblebee and went for a tear through the back roads....I came upon 4 big HDs pulling out of a side road going in the same direction as I was...

I saw them through my mirrors quickly pulling up on my six and then splitting in two groups and it looked like they were going to pass me on the left and right from behind...I said to myself "not today you aren't...!!!" I dropped 2 gears and pinned it using my speed shifter to accelerate...

When I slowed enough I could see out my mirrors, there was no sight of these bikes, I don't know how fast I was going but everything was a blur and it was like I was riding in a tunnel.

I only wish I could have seen their faces when my bike disappeared like the Millennium Falcon going to hyper space.

Next time pick on someone your own size. :laugh: While I was dream riding thru a lovely section of road up in the tall and uncut yesterday a couple Hawgs came up from behind and I waved them by. I was stopping for pics off and on anyway. Early on I felt bad for a two up rider climbing the Golden Chain hiway on a green mid sized sport bike. I had just started down and he was almost to the top. He looked strained coming out of a hairpin and his girl was hanging on tight!:confused:

Next time pick on someone your own size. :laugh: While I was dream riding thru a lovely section of road up in the tall and uncut yesterday a couple Hawgs came up from behind and I waved them by. I was stopping for pics off and on anyway. Early on I felt bad for a two up rider climbing the Golden Chain hiway on a green mid sized sport bike. I had just started down and he was almost to the top. He looked strained coming out of a hairpin and his girl was hanging on tight!:confused:

If they would have wanted to do a regular pass, I just might have let them, once I saw them start to split and most likely attempt a double pass, that's when the Bumblebee was placed into "buzz off" mode.

Awwww man you just made my day!!
I too have done exactly the same thing . .
Only problem was that when I stopped at a hotel about 100kms up the road, those guys arrived and stopped, looked at my bike, looked around for me but I was inside looking out the window at them.
They stood there talking to each other for a minute, then got back on their hogs and left.
Phew.
I never saw them again thankfully, I reckon they were a little pi$$ed lmao!

Back