Who Rode Today?

I don't really feel the engine heat. I think they fixed that on the newer FJR's from what I read. What gen/year did you have?
I have my side fairing adjusted out from the winter. I need to readjust them. I also have the touring windshield on when is high even when lowered.

See below. You had a gen2. gen3 started in 13.

For 2013[8] the FJR1300 received a substantial number of updates, becoming the 'Gen-III' version. Bodywork is all new on the front half of the bike for better airflow and engine heat management, and a new faster-acting windshield mechanism was introduced. Front turn signal/position lights are now LEDs and there are LED accent lights around the headlights, and there is now one horn instead of two on prior years. In markets outside the US and Canada the AS (AutoShift) model received electrically adjustable suspension and inverted front forks - those suspension changes were introduced into the North American models in the following year as a model option known as the 'ES'.

In December 2015 Yamaha introduced a revised FJR for 2016, with, among other changes, a 6-speed transmission (both in standard and automated versions), slipper/assist clutch, LED head and tail lights and LED cornering lights.[10][11]

My buddy's 2007 3k mile R1 tagging along the other night...

IMG_0069.jpeg

IMG_0079.jpeg

IMG_0085.jpeg

260K’s / 160 miles this morning.
Sports mode, full boost, quick shifter on,
starting riding a gear lower and keeping the rev’s / boost up.

It go’s OK.

View attachment 1601421
We had an H2 like yours come into work the other day. I didn’t ride it, but we all stood around and looked at it and it surprised me just how big these bikes are.
Way larger than a 1 litre sports bike.
Very cool machine!

453K’s (281 miles) this morning.

It was dry and sunny, 12 degrees C on the way out, and 24 C on the way home, I took winter gloves but never needed them and wore summer gloves all day. Not bad for the 2nd half of Winter.

Had a nice chat over coffee / breakfast with Garry McCoy (500cc MotoGP race winner). Nice bloke, very friendly, helpful and down to earth.

E12338D0-BDFB-48C5-A516-8F63E5CEEFB5.jpg

E132719D-C19D-4F3C-B07B-03370372648A.jpg

BB10E25F-60F7-4C3B-821E-572D9769D147.jpg

22E0C9A9-BC06-422D-88AC-27FF515BB6D8.jpg

42EDE5B3-C982-415E-9321-7012B611B579.jpg

Wasn't on the bike but yesterday I saw 3 or 4 bikes and a couple "tuner cars" in a parking lot with a few cops doing measuring and DB tests...I know one HD rider wasn't too happy looking as the cop measured his very high ape hangers...

On another note regarding the DB testing, a friend dropped by on his HD the other day, he lives across town (4-5 miles away) and I could hear each and every shift he made for probably half that distance....his bike is extremely loud. I can see the need for DB testing sometimes.

My Yosh pipe is actually pretty quiet until you get on the throttle-something I never do around town.

I went out again today, it was overcast and cool with light winds, we had some fun, came up on a pair of Lycra wearing idiots on a road near the mountains, very little traffic, one of them was right in the middle of the lane (two lane road) and heard us coming up behind but never bothered to move in to let us pass safely, we passed at warp speed and he never flinched. AND he stayed in the middle of the road..... arrogant cyclist bobohead!
Apart from that, great ride, mountainous terrain, awesome scenery and roads, very little traffic, NO TRUCKS at all.
Nice.....

At the Methven Blue Pub.

I went out again today, it was overcast and cool with light winds, we had some fun, came up on a pair of Lycra wearing idiots on a road near the mountains, very little traffic, one of them was right in the middle of the lane (two lane road) and heard us coming up behind but never bothered to move in to let us pass safely, we passed at warp speed and he never flinched. AND he stayed in the middle of the road..... arrogant cyclist bobohead!
Apart from that, great ride, mountainous terrain, awesome scenery and roads, very little traffic, NO TRUCKS at all.
Nice.....
View attachment 1602293

View attachment 1602294
At the Methven Blue Pub.

We get them bicyclists around here too, they are out on the main hiway like they own it....I once saw smoke coming off the tires of a transport truck trying to avoid one of them...where's the cops I always think.

Last weekend I came across a "herd" of them and they sure thought they owned the country lane I was on...down two gears, revs came up and off I went...I hope my Yosh wailing in their ears woke a couple of them up...

Fekken arse-picks

We get them bicyclists around here too, they are out on the main hiway like they own it....I once saw smoke coming off the tires of a transport truck trying to avoid one of them...where's the cops I always think.

Last weekend I came across a "herd" of them and they sure thought they owned the country lane I was on...down two gears, revs came up and off I went...I hope my Yosh wailing in their ears woke a couple of them up...

Fekken arse-picks
Yeah I’m hearin’ ya mate!
The real problem they cause is the cars and trucks having to cross the centreline to pass them, and the danger that poses to on-coming traffic . . especially motorcyclists!!
They just don't give a rats', don't get me started . . GRRRRRRRR!!!!

Last edited:
Back