Who Rode Today?

Evening ride up to tie down wife's rig @ the yard . Not many miles ,but still a little ride together. Her idea at that ;)

20191020_181016.jpg

20191020_184310.jpg

20191020_182404.jpg

20191020_181007.jpg

Got the Busa out today , really great to get a decent ride on her , and what a sweet racer she is to ride fast .
We saw a cop bike turn out of a side road and follow us , so I got a few cars between me and him and everytime I was out of line of sight , we increased the gap , until I could safely disappear . Those pricks are out for us bikers for sure in my town . Even on quiet weekdays too , well he would of heard the L2 on song , and then gone !!

IMG_20191023_111750.jpg

IMG_20191023_112023.jpg

IMG_20191023_111948.jpg

Got the Busa out today , really great to get a decent ride on her , and what a sweet racer she is to ride fast .
We saw a cop bike turn out of a side road and follow us , so I got a few cars between me and him and everytime I was out of line of sight , we increased the gap , until I could safely disappear . Those pricks are out for us bikers for sure in my town . Even on quiet weekdays too , well he would of heard the L2 on song , and then gone !!

View attachment 1606651

View attachment 1606652

View attachment 1606653
What a sweet bike . . . I bet that cop was peeved at your tactic of 'little by little', lol. He would have heard you on the hammer loud and clear too, not a thing he could do about it!
So what sort of bikes do the SA cops ride?
The very few police bikes here in Canterbury are BMW R1200RT-P, and Hondas in the North Island
1571806710967.png

1571806813789.png

I've done exactly the same tactic of getting away from them . . I think they know it's futile to try to chase lol.

What a sweet bike . . . I bet that cop was peeved at your tactic of 'little by little', lol. He would have heard you on the hammer loud and clear too, not a thing he could do about it!
The very few police bikes here in Canterbury are BMW R1200RT-P, and Hondas in the North Island
View attachment 1606654
View attachment 1606655
I've done exactly the same tactic of getting away from them . . I think they know it's futile to try to chase lol.
The same over here , BMW 1200 twin , as it was today . Not sure if they have or planning on a stealth type of pursuit bike as I once heard rumors about . The BMW is pretty capable around town , and might be okay on some open roads , but not on the real crazy roads L2 eats up . I have seen them on the real crazy fast road also recently , one on the same BMW going the opposite direction , not long after I had been going crazy . They run a mobile laser speed detection device of some kind , so lucky I guess , because the next stop is a town with a big police station !!

View attachment 1606654
View attachment 1606655

police_hayabusa.jpg

View attachment 1606651
Such a good looking bike. My favorite colors on the busa for sure!

Be fun if the cops ran that Gen 1 in SA , I rekon I could give them a good go , with my Ohlins and BST equipped lightweight L2 !! :thumbsup:

They have to be quite a bit heavier with the added radio, siren and the bags I saw on the Oklahoma state patrol Busa. Wonder what they do to support the added electronics? Better alternator? Battery? I doubt they set the suspension up properly either.

They have to be quite a bit heavier with the added radio, siren and the bags I saw on the Oklahoma state patrol Busa. Wonder what they do to support the added electronics? Better alternator? Battery? I doubt they set the suspension up properly either.
Terry , you do know that picture of 'that police bike ' is a custom bike . Their have been police Busa's in use in USA as you state , I have seen them posted up here on the org . . Also I think Queensland or WA (Australia ) had a couple in use , then everything you said would apply to them , yes , packed with some type of arrest kit !!

Terry , you do know that picture of 'that police bike ' is a custom bike . Their have been police Busa's in use in USA as you state , I have seen them posted up here on the org . . Also I think Queensland or WA (Australia ) had a couple in use , then everything you said would apply to them , yes , packed with some type of arrest kit !!

Yes, it didn’t have any police mods. Maybe Sting owns it. :laugh: I think the first real one I knew about was a confiscated bike that they put to use on the highway patrol.

Yes, it didn’t have any police mods. Maybe Sting owns it. :laugh: I think the first real one I knew about was a confiscated bike that they put to use on the highway patrol.
I think there is a clip about that , even on here . Man the cops were always confiscating stuff , like in Miami vice and those super powerful cocaine running boats , pretty wild !!

Back