Who Rode Today?

The story goes it was built strictly for the purpose of preventing Lamprey eels from getting out of the lower great lakes into the haven of sport fishing in the near north of Ontario. thus ruining the tourism and seriously damaging the ecology of the region. It is impressive to watch the boat get taken completely out of the water but held level.
the trip took with fuel stops and food breaks just under 12 hours. The Busa is at its best when you turn it a little loose :) it ended up being 1008.4 kilometres (about 630 miles) on my odometer. 1008.7 on my buddies VFR. I am thinking an iron butt is NOT in my future :) last 50 miles were killer
Just as an aside the KIlometer speedo/odos seem to be pretty close to right on up here I think those of you getting a MPH speedo suffer from a bad conversion gear or something and that is why you get speedos the read faster than you are actually going

I got out for a ride today...I came up on a Can Am Spider...normally if I come up on another bike and they are doing a decent speed, I set up in the "second" position. With these Spiders, I set up behind them as I would a car. The urge to pass them is greater than with another bike as well.

I don't know how they ride with a group of motorcycles, I wouldn't know where to set myself..
I just pass them Can Am Spyder thingeys and keep well away from them . . .
bloody ridiculous idea, good if you're a crap two wheel rider I suppose, and still want the illusion you're a motorcyclist, but really?? Can't see the point in it.

The story goes it was built strictly for the purpose of preventing Lamprey eels from getting out of the lower great lakes into the haven of sport fishing in the near north of Ontario. thus ruining the tourism and seriously damaging the ecology of the region. It is impressive to watch the boat get taken completely out of the water but held level
Them Lamprey eels look nastie!! Yuk!!!

Got out on a couple short (er) rides today through the country side...

This is the only bike I've owned in a while where as soon as I return from a ride, I am sad it's over, the bike is intoxicating and addictive to ride, even as slow as I go...

There are a few complex twisties on the road I go and I had it over to the pegs a few times, it handles corners with very little effort.

Just for Bryan, I had it into warp speed a couple times as well...I didn't get anywhere near red-line in any gears but it was moving rapidly nevertheless.

10degC today its sunny tho ;)

View attachment 1600356
I bet it was . . 'bracing' out there yesterday! lol
I was stuck at work, with a diesel heater blasting away all day . .
with the door down YAY!! Unlike the countless winters I've endured in car workshops with the DOORS ALWAYS OPEN . And freezing.
Did you you see my mate on his blue/white K6 Gixxer? He was around the bays at 1pmish . .

Reactions: c10
I bet it was . . 'bracing' out there yesterday! lol
I was stuck at work, with a diesel heater blasting away all day . .
with the door down YAY!! Unlike the countless winters I've endured in car workshops with the DOORS ALWAYS OPEN . And freezing.
Did you you see my mate on his blue/white K6 Gixxer? He was around the bays at 1pmish . .
Nope didnt see him i was over that way about 3 , just a couple of others out that i saw.
Those open doors always faced south too eh !

Reactions: c10
Honestly, mostly due to stress. My mom had a heart attack day before Christmas eve and spent Christmas and shortly after in the hospital. Join that with new meds for my ptsd which gives me zero appetite. I have cut out all sodas, I was drinking at least 3-4 a day. Not eating bread anymore or any added sugars. Drinking only water and pomegranate juice. not having the 9pm snack before bed. Also started walking .5 miles a day on the tread climber.
I giggled at first but I'm sorry to hear about your mom...

After a week of rain I rode both the busa and FJR today. Total of 90 miles.
The FJR is my errand and winter bike. The Busa is for fun.

Did you ever have a day when you felt your riding skills were just ON? I thinned out my chicken strips some...:D

My buddy and I went for a ride and had lunch...it is a beautiful day just lots of wind gusts as. Blew me all over the place threw me off my line in one of the corners we were in almost putting me over the yellow line which sucks.

Saw some wildlife and almost got hit by a bird of some sort, it swerved away inches from my helmet...and of course thinned out the population of bugs.

Back