Who Rode Today?

cool and damp today so I am going to ride over to the car wash
Then ever so gently remove the bugs from the fairing.
Then try out the new food trucks Portugese style roast chicken
Then home and done before the rain really gets underway
such excitement
I know the feeling my friend . .
it's 10am here on Sunday morn, and it started off at 0degC, sunny and brisk.Then at 9am the heavy dark clouds rolled in from the South (Antarctica) and now it's foggy and 3degC
I'm parked up in front of my logburner and talkin' to mu Busa family!

I'm gonna go out to the garage soon and play with my bike, I've had the fairings off to sort the clutch hydraulics, and now it's cleaning time for the ol' 99!
Best way to spend this sort of a day!

IMG_0030.JPG

Last edited:
Question: why are we all so addicted and committed to our Busas???
Serious replies only thanks . . . :D

I can only speak for myself but I have wanted one ever since seeing one at the bike show Dec '98. I have had Suzuki bikes for most of my life (started on a early '70s 80cc) and have always identified with them.

My real love affair with Suzuki bikes started with the original Katana-I lusted over those. I finally got a flip up version in '87 (it was an '86) and only recently gave it to my older son. I also had an '85 GSXR 750 (red and black model) and had that until mid 2000's and of course my Bandit which still resides in the garage.

The Hayabusa for me represents the ultimate achievement of Suzuki surpassing all other bikes they have made to date (in my opinion).

This Hayabusa is to me what a therapy dog is to someone else...

I can only speak for myself but I have wanted one ever since seeing one at the bike show Dec '98. I have had Suzuki bikes for most of my life (started on a early '70s 80cc) and have always identified with them.

My real love affair with Suzuki bikes started with the original Katana-I lusted over those. I finally got a flip up version in '87 (it was an '86) and only recently gave it to my older son. I also had an '85 GSXR 750 (red and black model) and had that until mid 2000's and of course my Bandit which still resides in the garage.

The Hayabusa for me represents the ultimate achievement of Suzuki surpassing all other bikes they have made to date (in my opinion).

This Hayabusa is to me what a therapy dog is to someone else...
Excellent summing up . . .
Especially about the therapy dog,
I have two of those, but now want two Busas to with them lmao!

I have had a lot of bikes before the Busa showed up. In 2000 I was looking for a new bike. After much searching it narrowed down to three. The 2000 Busa and a Concord and a ZRX. I loved the lines of the Busa. Form was to follow function. Or perhaps form was the the function. I eliminated the Concord. I went back and forth on the other two I loved them both for different reasons Finally based on price I bought a ZRX. After 18 years of happy ownership I decided it was finally time. The Ontario sales rep found me a red and white on and the deal was sealed. Having wanted one for 19 years my wife said
Get one. You've always wanted one.
It's so completely different from my Rex. But I am adjusting.
Less comfortable at lower speeds but more comfortable at speeds that will get you in trouble. It handles very differently. Length weight power change everything. But when it's on man it is on.

I know the feeling my friend . .
it's 10am here on Sunday morn, and it started off at 0degC, sunny and brisk.Then at 9am the heavy dark clouds rolled in from the South (Antarctica) and now it's foggy and 3degC
Wow. The future ;). Yeah you've never heard that before. By the time we get those temps the bikes are asleep. Because it never gets better until May.

I say if you get it, leave your '99 just the way it is...there's nothing wrong with that bike.

Then you can play with the Gen 2 and make it your own, there are many to emulate but only one is yours.
Yeah, I'm feelin' ya on that one!
I may just retire the 99 for a while and fiddle around with the L2 . .
as you say, to make it my own, which is exactly what I've done to the 99 and she's served me well over the last 4 years.
Also, with all the work and reconditioning I've done on her, and with all the info I've gleaned from this wonderful assembly of Busa fanatics on the oRg ,I now have a familiarity with the Busas that will serve me well when I start on the L2.
I have Road Toad's massive experience and knowledge of exotic and rare parts to draw from, not that I can afford most of that stuff lol.
But it's so awesome to be in a collective as this is, the oRg, so much to draw from . . .
my hat is off to you all . . . :bowdown:

Question: why are we all so addicted and committed to our Busas???
Serious replies only thanks . . . :D
I haven’t had as many bikes as some of you guys, but the busa has something I have never experience with any other bike. I can’t really explain it, and is not just the speed either, because I cruise on mine more than anything else, but as soon as my butt touches the seat, I already have a smile on my face and feel like I’m one with the bike. IMHO, bikes are like people, some have personalities that we connect better with and my busa is like a super cool friend is always a phone call away, or in the busa’s case, a push of the start button away. I feel the same about my DR650. A slow heavy pig that is just fun to put around on and purposely find bad roads and even curbs to jump over with. It has a cool personality.:laugh:

So, that would be a little less than 6,200USD, kiwi? Or is that price listed in USD, already?
That is listed in NZ dollars, you are correct at $6200USD.
I want to get it for 8000NZD hopefully.
My mate just bought a GSXR1000K6 with 48,000kms and lots of spares (fairings, suspension etc) for $7000NZD, so the prices for sportsbikes are dropping here in NZ, everyone wants to be on an Adventure bike now . . .
NZ is a place where the countryside lends itself to Adventure riding . . tons of areas and mountain terrain to go play in!
I've been there, done that, on a KTM990ADV I had for 3 years.
Now I'm addicted to Busas and I'm happy!

I haven’t had as many bikes as some of you guys, but the busa has something I have never experience with any other bike. I can’t really explain it, and is not just the speed either, because I cruise on mine more than anything else, but as soon as my butt touches the seat, I already have a smile on my face and feel like I’m one with the bike. IMHO, bikes are like people, some have personalities that we connect better with and my busa is like a super cool friend is always a phone call away, or in the busa’s case, a push of the start button away. I feel the same about my DR650. A slow heavy pig that is just fun to put around on and purposely find bad roads and even curbs to jump over with. It has a cool personality.:laugh:
Lovin' it Miguel!
Great explanation there . . :beerchug:

That is listed in NZ dollars, you are correct at $6200USD.
I want to get it for 8000NZD hopefully.
My mate just bought a GSXR1000K6 with 48,000kms and lots of spares (fairings, suspension etc) for $7000NZD, so the prices for sportsbikes are dropping here in NZ, everyone wants to be on an Adventure bike now . . .
NZ is a place where the countryside lends itself to Adventure riding . . tons of areas and mountain terrain to go play in!
I've been there, done that, on a KTM990ADV I had for 3 years.
Now I'm addicted to Busas and I'm happy!
That would definitely be a nice deal at 8k. Not like is a terrible deal at the listed price, but the cheaper the better. Im sure @ROADTOAD1340 would be more than happy to help you spend purchase price savings on trick aftermarket parts. Lol!

Your riding season is so short . . .
You really need to move to New Zealand Johnnie . . . I can help you . .
my band needs a good drummer, and you can ride all year round!
Tempted??
yeah. riding year round really has a lot of appeal so I am tempted. Is one island cheaper than the other to live in? The phots all look so lovely and lush. I am just used to wide open spaces and a 5,000 k journey coast to coast. But holiday for a few seeks is an idea that is growing on me. Trivago here I come.

yeah. riding year round really has a lot of appeal so I am tempted. Is one island cheaper than the other to live in? The phots all look so lovely and lush. I am just used to wide open spaces and a 5,000 k journey coast to coast. But holiday for a few seeks is an idea that is growing on me. Trivago here I come.
The South Island is the place to be.
Less than 1 million people, (North Island has 3.8 million!)
South Island has the best scenery. Without a doubt.
It takes 2 and a half hours to go from ChCh to Greymouth (East to West)
through the amazing Southern Alps.
If you did decide to come for a look, you will be sold.
And . . . you have Kiwi to show you around ! ! !
Lucky you lol. :laugh: :beerchug: :thumbsup:

The South Island is the place to be.
Less than 1 million people, (North Island has 3.8 million!)
South Island has the best scenery. Without a doubt.
It takes 2 and a half hours to go from ChCh to Greymouth (East to West)
through the amazing Southern Alps.
If you did decide to come for a look, you will be sold.
And . . . you have Kiwi to show you around ! ! !
Lucky you lol. :laugh: :beerchug: :thumbsup:

My neighbour has his family visiting here from NZ for a while, very nice people and we have had good chats. Of course the weather doesn't want to cooperate, it rained like a beggar yesterday and today it's kind of cool out. They are looking for the famed heat we complain about...

I got out for a ride today...I came up on a Can Am Spider...normally if I come up on another bike and they are doing a decent speed, I set up in the "second" position. With these Spiders, I set up behind them as I would a car. The urge to pass them is greater than with another bike as well.

I don't know how they ride with a group of motorcycles, I wouldn't know where to set myself..

Back