Who On Here Sells Sprockets & Which Brand To Buy?

I used SuperSprox steel on the front of my 14. Has worn about same as aluminum rear.

Lost no teeth but maybe I'm easy on the big ol girl. No drag race starts. some wheelies.

Not looking for 200 mph riding as no one does that here...
Just looking for a better excelleration with different a sprocket.
Which front one should I get for longevity & is better to buy?
I'd rather have a steel rear for longevity also, which brand is better?

You should stay away from changing to a front with fewer teeth. That will improve acceleration in all gears but any sprocket will wear out faster if it has fewer teeth. A steel rear with +3 or +4 should do it for you. IDK what the stock sprocket gearing is on the busa but should be similar to the ZX-14. I have 17t front and 45t rear on my gen1 14 and it's about the same as riding one gear lower. In other words, the main difference is in first gear. All other gears, if I just downshift, I gain about the same advantage. The 14's engine runs about 500 rpm faster to do highway speed in 6th gear. One other important point, you will be reducing your top speed by going with shorter gearing. My 14 will still do 185 or perhaps a bit more. Did about 178 mph in 6th gear at 10.5k rpm. I would not bother shortening your gearing if you are just going to go +1 or 2 teeth. At the same time, don't go nuts or you could turn it into a stunt bike.

I like shorter gearing and plan to keep it. love the look of the bigger sprocket. The 14 feels more peppy and sounds cool running at high rpm. No change in shift quality. Adds some weight if chain needs to be longer + bigger sprocket. I would suggest you change both front and rear sprockets and the chain unless one of those is almost new. If you have to change the front in 3000 miles, you go through the whole process of chain stretch and sprocket wear a second time. Sprockets are cheap. Chains are more expensive.

For the busa, I will stick to stock gearing and just downshift if I want a more aggressive feel. Same thing really. When I get on my busa, it feels similar to the 14 with short gearing.

Back