Who On Here Sells Sprockets & Which Brand To Buy?

FILT166

Registered
looking at getting a 17 front or 46 rear sprocket for my gen 2.
Which sprocket brand to buy & from who or where?
Mainly a street bike

Looking at getting a 17 front or 46 rear sprocket for my gen 2.

Which sprocket brand to buy & from who or where?

Mainly a street bike.

Unless you're a really heavy hitter & don't plan on making any horse power ~ you are going the wrong way with gearing your Gen 2 Hayabusa . . .

269511_10150379420377571_772852570_10212173_4097597_n-jpg.232556.jpg

i dont understand what your meaning, so if I go the other way it's better?
Up in the front & down on the rear tooth count?
I don't think so

i dont understand what your meaning, so if I go the other way it's better?
Up in the front & down on the rear tooth count?
I don't think so

I don't want to put words in Reds mouth but I think he misread your post, as I did the first time I read it. Thought you said you were wanting -1, +3, that's alot of gear. Didn't realize you wanted -1 OR +3.

Back to your original question I am a big fan of supersprox have ran them for years and never a bad experience. They are lighter than steel and last longer than aluminum.

Yeah I put or for one or the other, sometimes we make a mistake, no harm done.
I thought maybe someone on here sold them before.

I know Pashnit sells them. Not sure about any of the other sponsors, I would say they do most own shops.

Nope Mr Gibson ~ I read it right . . .

I don't want to put words in Reds mouth
but I think he misread your post,
as I did the first time I read it.

Thought you said you were wanting -1, +3, that's a lot of gear.

Didn't realize you wanted -1 OR +3.

Back to your original question I am a big fan of supersprox have ran them for years and never a bad experience.

They are lighter than steel and last longer than aluminum.

If you want to achieve 200 mph runs with your Gen 2 Hayabusa ~ you'll need to go one tooth bigger up front to a 19 or smaller out back . . .

You must be over 200 pounds if your looking for shorter gear ~ that will make your Hayabusa snappy & easier to leave with . . .

Nope Mr Gibson ~ I read it right . . .

If you want to achieve 200 mph runs with your Gen 2 Hayabusa ~ you'll need to go one tooth bigger up front to a 19 or smaller out back . . .

You must be over 200 pounds if your looking for shorter gear ~ that will make your Hayabusa snappy & easier to leave with . . .

Did not realize he was looking for 200+. I fall under the over 200 pounds category, so taller gears are not in my near future.

Aluminum rear sprockets don't last all that long but are relatively cheap. I just buy them on Amazon. If you are stock wheelbase +3 in back or -1 in front will be a lot of gear and will probably cause power wheelies in first gear.

Aluminum rear sprockets don't last all that long but are relatively cheap. I just buy them on Amazon. If you are stock wheelbase +3 in back or -1 in front will be a lot of gear and will probably cause power wheelies in first gear.

and 2nd, and 3rd

Try +3 in the rear first you really don't need to go more than that unless you want to wheelie everywhere. going -1 in the front is the equivalent to going up another about 2 1/2 in the rear

Try +3 in the rear first you really don't need to go more than that unless you want to wheelie everywhere.

Going -1 in the front is the equivalent to going up another about 2 1/2 in the rear.

maxresdefault.jpg

One of the first things I recommend for riders wanting to wheelie is a rear sprocket change only . . .

If you screw your axle adjusters all the way in & pull the chain over a few teeth !

Then that is the number of extra teeth we will need to add .

This will save you another chain purchase .

Also shortens the wheelbase.

Red, *<(;{)-

View attachment 1570204

One of the first things I recommend for riders wanting to wheelie is a rear sprocket change only . . .

If you screw your axle adjusters all the way in & pull the chain over a few teeth !

Then that is the number of extra teeth we will need to add .

This will save you another chain purchase .

Also shortens the wheelbase.

Red, *<(;{)-

A -1 front, and/or a +3 rear will fit the stock length gen 1 or 2 chain.

and 2nd, and 3rd

An aluminum sprocket will be half the weight of steel. Vortex is the lightest I've found. Don't use alum on the front because that will wear out too fast. A steel front will wear equal to an aluminum rear. EK ZZZ chain or whatever the latest version is. That chain will never wear out and I am not exaggerating on that. Only needs adjustment while it wears to new sprockets and probably never between sprockets.

An aluminum sprocket will be half the weight of steel. Vortex is the lightest I've found. Don't use alum on the front because that will wear out too fast. A steel front will wear equal to an aluminum rear. EK ZZZ chain or whatever the latest version is. That chain will never wear out and I am not exaggerating on that. Only needs adjustment while it wears to new sprockets and probably never between sprockets.

If anyone's riding style is the least bit aggressive, they will easily break teeth on an aluminum rear sprocket.
I put 2 aluminum rear sprockets on my gen2. One was a Vortex "hard coat".
I broke 4-5 teeth on the regular aluminum Vortex...and 8 on their hard coat.
Vortex makes great stuff too, the aluminum just cant handle the torque and weight of the Busa.
For all the little difference in weight(rotating mass or not), you'll never notice it...not even on a time slip.

Not looking for 200 mph riding as no one does that here...
Just looking for a better excelleration with different a sprocket.
Which front one should I get for longevity & is better to buy?
I'd rather have a steel rear for longevity also, which brand is better?

Back