Who is working from home during this quarantine time?

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
My company advised everyone that could work from home to do so until further notice, who is not getting out of the house much?

Cap

I've been working from home full time for almost a decade same company.
Whats weird is now we are making people work from home which is great..
My gym just closed for 2 weeks so my routine is all Fd up. All good. We'll manage all in it together

Work from home??
What . . drive 27 miles to work with trailer, pick up bike or quad to be serviced, drive home 27 miles. Service quad or bike while waiting for parts to turn up by courier, return to work again , drop off bike or quad, look at clock, day is over, return home.
Repeat.
Nah . . I'll just work at work lol.
We don't call it 'quarantine' here . . . it's been re-named with a nice PC term . .
"Self isolation".
What is that about?

Thankfully I don’t have to depend on work anymore but my daughter in law’s employer in SF just closed down for three weeks. So far my sons job as an electrician is ok except for their renovation of one of Zuckerberg’s homes in SF. My daughter in SoCal is doing Online instruction but her softball season has been suspended at least for a few weeks. There, Spring break is coming soon anyway. Whatever ‘it,’ is, hopefully it’s manageable and temporary.

I was in IT and worked from home for the last 5 years until retiring in 2018. Wife gets to work home 1/2 day. Most people at her work are working from home so only a few people are in the office.

My company advised everyone that could work from home to do so until further notice, who is not getting out of the house much?

Cap
I’m on my monthly week off from work and have been staying home, because I have a really bad sinus infection and this pollen doesn’t help, but I was just catching up on work emails and saw that the company has cancelled all travel, big meetings and is asking everyone to get with IT department to make sure their laptops have all the needed programs for them to work from home. I’m what they call a frontline supervisor, so I’ll have to stick to my normal schedule, but I’m sure all I’ll have is a skeleton crew to keep the department running and non essential personnel will stay home. We already have an employee that had a family member test positive, so he called HR and told them he was going to self quarantine and the company has notified all of the employee’s coworkers that had been in touch with him.

Love to but there is too much snow....

main-qimg-4fc1ef309e6d95c47ae50276db3ba8e7.jpeg

Back