Who is working from home during this quarantine time?

. . . Somebody got fired . . .

:poke:
IMG_0055.JPG

#CanNotFixLeaksFromHome ~ #emwdRetiRed ~ #ToBeRetired ~ #THEoRg *

If that is not permission and encouragement to grab the busa and head out for a ride I don't know what is!

Seems to me this "viral" weather is perfect for riding. I have visions (from the movies, not the virus) of post-apocalyptic empty roads, law enforcement tasked with more important things than speeding tickets ... Now I need to get the actual weather to cooperate as it is dangerously cold where I live:

Untitled.png

Under the heading of "Social Distancing".

Hoping everyone here stays healthy. Despite the distance(s) I feel very close to all of you.

I know there are a lot of folks that are working from home that have the ability to do that and I am grateful my company allows me to do the same. I also know there are a lot of other Americans that can't do this and they go to work and confront the public every day. We always think about the police, fire, EMS and nurses but I will tell you that I think the real hero's today are the folks working at the checkout lines. The stockers getting food back on the shelves every night, the truck drivers delivering the food.

Can you imagine how many people a checker comes into close contact with and how many things they physically touch in a single shift?

Thank you folks for working hard and covering the needs of the people in our country!

Cap

Seems to me this "viral" weather is perfect for riding. I have visions (from the movies, not the virus) of post-apocalyptic empty roads, law enforcement tasked with more important things than speeding tickets ... Now I need to get the actual weather to cooperate as it is dangerously cold where I live:

View attachment 1615022

Under the heading of "Social Distancing".

Hoping everyone here stays healthy. Despite the distance(s) I feel very close to all of you.

Work from home??
What . . drive 27 miles to work with trailer, pick up bike or quad to be serviced, drive home 27 miles. Service quad or bike while waiting for parts to turn up by courier, return to work again , drop off bike or quad, look at clock, day is over, return home.
Repeat.
Nah . . I'll just work at work lol.
We don't call it 'quarantine' here . . . it's been re-named with a nice PC term . .
"Self isolation".
What is that about?
Im with u there kiwi... can't be reading people's mowers to my house and fix them. My company is ran by some real greedy folks so until they're told otherwise im sure they'll have us working. But my wife works for a retail store and just told me they're cutting their hours of operation and in a week will be closed completely. So as I live only check ti check and just recently started digging myself somewhat out idk what all this is gonna bring

Im with u there kiwi... can't be reading people's mowers to my house and fix them. My company is ran by some real greedy folks so until they're told otherwise im sure they'll have us working. But my wife works for a retail store and just told me they're cutting their hours of operation and in a week will be closed completely. So as I live only check ti check and just recently started digging myself somewhat out idk what all this is gonna bring
I’m feelin ya brother. . . Weird thing is there’s 2 houses across the road from me been for sale for a couple of months, got home last night and they both have ‘sold’ signs on them.... as if everything is normal. And yet the economy is taking a huge hit and there’s uncertainty in every sector.
It’s all quite confusing.... what are we supposed to do? Hunker down and wait for the apocalypse or just carry on as per normal ?
For me personally, I live alone with 2 little canine friends and I’m ok to weather this particular storm.... I really really feel for the people on the breadline.
Our government just Announced a $12 billion package to assist struggling businesses And to try to keep the economy afloat.
That will definitely help, but still, everything is up in the air and so much uncertainty.
Thankfully we have Hayabusas :confused:

I’m feelin ya brother. . . Weird thing is there’s 2 houses across the road from me been for sale for a couple of months, got home last night and they both have ‘sold’ signs on them.... as if everything is normal. And yet the economy is taking a huge hit and there’s uncertainty in every sector.
It’s all quite confusing.... what are we supposed to do? Hunker down and wait for the apocalypse or just carry on as per normal ?
For me personally, I live alone with 2 little canine friends and I’m ok to weather this particular storm.... I really really feel for the people on the breadline.
Our government just Announced a $12 billion package to assist struggling businesses And to try to keep the economy afloat.
That will definitely help, but still, everything is up in the air and so much uncertainty.
Thankfully we have Hayabusas :confused:
I agree, Greg. I also really feel for the ones that cannot physically get in the breadlines, due to health issues. I mean, specially here in Florida, there is a lot of elders that can’t go fight with a crowd to get their needed supplies, so is very concerning. I’m just north of sun city, Florida and the average age there is very high. They even have golf car lanes dedicated for the elder that go do groceries in their little buggies, so I’m surge they are very worried.

I work in a 24hr plant so no work at home for me, my wifes a new entrant school teacher (5yr olds) and theres talk of what happens when the school has to close, somehow she needs to sort out 'home school' activities/learning - thing is most 5yr olds cant read or write very well or at all...

Theres supermarkets in some countries that are having senior/elder only shopping days - nice.

We could all help our eldery family or neighbours by doing their errands and shopping for them.

A plus side to all this is petrol is at an unbelievable low price NZ$1.85 /litre 95oct $2.00 for 100oct .

We have a slight mix, Juli is working from home until further notice, I have to report occasionally with limited staff in the office. Our Admins are working from home and our crews are showing up at their trucks with only foreman coming into the building to get work assignments. If continued escalation, crews will stay home and only come out as called to respond to emergencies. My immediate team can report from home to a job site, or an outage. I can dispatch anything electronically to their trucks.

We have a slight mix, Juli is working from home until further notice, I have to report occasionally with limited staff in the office. Our Admins are working from home and our crews are showing up at their trucks with only foreman coming into the building to get work assignments. If continued escalation, crews will stay home and only come out as called to respond to emergencies. My immediate team can report from home to a job site, or an outage. I can dispatch anything electronically to their trucks.

James good to see you posting! miss you both

Management came in today mid-afternoon and told everybody to go home. Everyone is on paid administrative leave until further notice. They'll update us in 48 hours if we're to come in. I work for the State doing Help Desk in the medical field.

After my stroke, had to get a new job/career and having a major medical event (couldn't work until my brain fixed itself) was a hard-learned lesson to seek out employment from an employer with the biggest umbrella for when the next crisis hit. Well, that didn't take long.

My wife is in IT and already works from home several days a week so that's simple to transition to five days a week.

All three kids are off school indefinitely (no one knows). My oldest is most annoyed as she's supposed to graduate from HS in two months.

Our government declared a state of emergency yesterday....this gives them the power to impose restrictions upon the masses and charge and arrest those who ignore the restrictions.

That and it gives them access to federal assistance and monies....

Back