Who is working from home during this quarantine time?

A paramedic friend of mine
works in California and she said
they are under something as close to
martial law as they can get without calling it martial law .

:banghead:

Criminals out CoVid19.jpeg

#CoronaVirus ~ #CoVid19 ~ #MarshalLaw ~ #Quarantined ~ #THEoRg *

My work has shutdown this week as our customers had as we're not essential, but we are a MHF (Major Hazzards Facility) so we have to have min staff to monitor our Bulk Chemical tanks pumps ,valves etc IF they leaked, they are bunded and separate. So i start back my shift on Friday dayshift 6am-6pm - monitoring :firing:

Our country goes into lockdown at midnight tonight for 4 weeks...

Essential places eg supermarkets and petrol stations will be open.

Banks can and will be offering 6 month holidays from paying mortgages if needed, i think it just gets tacked on at the end so to speak. This is for people who had their income affected by Covid-19.
Theres also a rent freeze.

Copy and paste below..

The Government has put together a COVID-19 Wage Subsidy for employers in all regions.

It’s to support your business if you're impacted by COVID and face laying off staff or reducing their hours because of COVID-19.

Who can get it

If you're an employer, contractor, sole trader or self-employed, you may qualify to get the COVID-19 wage subsidy.

To qualify:

• your business must be registered and operating in New Zealand
  • your employees must be legally working in New Zealand
  • the business must have experienced a minimum 30% decline in actual or predicted revenue over the period of a month when compared with the same month last year, and that decline is related to COVID-19
  • your business must have taken active steps to mitigate the impact of COVID-19
  • you must make best efforts to retain employees and pay them a minimum of 80% of their normal income for the subsidised period.
For definitions of these qualifications, see the information under the 'Definitions for Wage Subsidy qualifications' heading on the page below.

How much you can get

The COVID-19 Wage Subsidy will be paid at a flat rate of:

• $585.80 for people working 20 hours or more per week
  • $350.00 for people working less than 20 hours per week.
The subsidy is paid as a lump sum and covers 12 weeks per employee.

This subsidy is for wages only. It is to help you keep your staff employed while you consider changes that may be needed while the disruption continues, and to ensure the future viability of your business.

Businesses can only get this subsidy once.

My work has shutdown this week as our customers had as we're not essential, but we are a MHF (Major Hazzards Facility) so we have to have min staff to monitor our Bulk Chemical tanks pumps ,valves etc IF they leaked, they are bunded and separate. So i start back my shift on Friday dayshift 6am-6pm - monitoring :firing:

Our country goes into lockdown at midnight tonight for 4 weeks...

Essential places eg supermarkets and petrol stations will be open.

Banks can and will be offering 6 month holidays from paying mortgages if needed, i think it just gets tacked on at the end so to speak. This is for people who had their income affected by Covid-19.
Theres also a rent freeze.

Copy and paste below..

The Government has put together a COVID-19 Wage Subsidy for employers in all regions.

It’s to support your business if you're impacted by COVID and face laying off staff or reducing their hours because of COVID-19.

Who can get it

If you're an employer, contractor, sole trader or self-employed, you may qualify to get the COVID-19 wage subsidy.

To qualify:

• your business must be registered and operating in New Zealand
  • your employees must be legally working in New Zealand
  • the business must have experienced a minimum 30% decline in actual or predicted revenue over the period of a month when compared with the same month last year, and that decline is related to COVID-19
  • your business must have taken active steps to mitigate the impact of COVID-19
  • you must make best efforts to retain employees and pay them a minimum of 80% of their normal income for the subsidised period.
For definitions of these qualifications, see the information under the 'Definitions for Wage Subsidy qualifications' heading on the page below.

How much you can get

The COVID-19 Wage Subsidy will be paid at a flat rate of:

• $585.80 for people working 20 hours or more per week
  • $350.00 for people working less than 20 hours per week.
The subsidy is paid as a lump sum and covers 12 weeks per employee.

This subsidy is for wages only. It is to help you keep your staff employed while you consider changes that may be needed while the disruption continues, and to ensure the future viability of your business.

Businesses can only get this subsidy once.
Life as we know it is put on hold for at least 4 weeks . . perhaps even up to 12 weeks.
Not really a bad thing . . gives us all time to slow down, look around us, stop taking everything we have for granted, and appreciate what we do have.
I am treating it as a paid holiday, hey, if I have a mortgage holiday I will even be able to save a sum of money . . and then buy some nice bits for my Busa and my DRZ obsession lol.
I live a pretty quiet life (socially anyway, ) but the real excitement I have is riding awesome motorcycles and enjoying the beautiful land we have here in New Zealand.
As I get older my appreciation of all that we have in our lives (the bikes part anyway)
is growing, and hooking up with like minded people (you lot!) is a big big bonus too!

Go buy your TP now, and take only what you need.

No idea how long this will last.

I had to request a lay-off from work so I could stay home full-time with my 7 year old daughter after the daycares and schools all shuttered. My wife's position is an essential service so the responsibility fell on me. Didn't have the option to work from home as the airplanes won't fit in my garage. ;)

I rent semi trailers to support the transportation industry, so we’re essential business. Business is booming right now and no doing this from home. I’m fearful of a reversal of business next month though, once the supply chain stabilizes from the surge created by all the panic purchasing. Then we’re looking at how hard the hit to consumer spending is from job losses and small business closures. No need for supply without demand from consumer spending.

Just heard today
they want us to do
a big upgrade during
this downtime . . .

We shall see
how it goes ?

Laugh Out Loud !

:lol:

#MatthewWest ~ #QuarantineLife ~ #ThinksCoViD19IsAHoax ~ #THEoRg *

Last edited:
Back