Who is still running the stock tensioner?

Numbnuts, the three dots suck just like the two dots. You will be very glad after this weekend.

Hey JohnnyCheese

off the record what is your view on the tensioner?

If you had the manufacturers warranty BUT if it was your only means of transport, which one would you opt for? manual or stock.
You can reply in code if you want!!

Thanks

Real simple

First,
Yes their are no complete motor assemblies.
Must replace parts and I would suggest a GOOD mechanic.
and due to parts are being replaced instead of motor I would not mind waiting for some GOOD "work" to be done while it is down.

Second.
If an extended is not avavlible then I would keep the tensioner untill the warranty expired.

After that it does not matter what you do.

Just remember like Jay said before it is not and automatic adjuster.
You must do it your self.

Reply in a code us idiots understand though :) I am about to put my bike into daily transportation service, 100 miles a day. If this thing is not reliable, I need to fix it quick. Y2K with 3 pink dots. What ya think Johnny?

Hey motorhead what do you think about this cam tensioner issue. Are you going manual? I did not sleep last night thinking about that $#i+. A guy was killed down here in south FL last Sunday. Hit a ditch and went like 15 ft into the air. Died 15min later. Really sad.
I dreamed with this damm tensioner breaking last night.

[This message has been edited by carlitobusa (edited 18 July 2000).]

ZXALAN you are still under waranty correct.

So let it break and then Suzuki will pay for a motor to be fixed and you will come to see me. Hint Hint.
Gotto go to work

"ten four" JC, it'll stay stock til she blows. I hope the techs can build good, reliable motors though since Suzuki is not replacing the motors and just fixing them instead. I need the... oh I mean... well...you know! Fixed anyway :) :)

since the 2000's might have a tensioner problem i'll say it again you would be foolish not to put in a manual tensioner and prevent a major problem i can't beleive i hear "i'll wait till she blows" then i'll have suzuki fix it. there is no way i would leave my bike in the hands of most these dealer ships they couldn't even prep mine right they scratched the tank yes i received a new one it only took SIX WEEKS DUE TO BACK ORDERS.you take a big risk leaving your bike at a dealer for that long of a time. these mechanics do not build motors everyday.for all of you who are just going to let your motor go because YOU HAVE A WARRANTY OR EXTENDED WARRANTY and are to stubborn to put a $40.00 part in please dont post with your problems that might arise. johnny dont take it personnaly.

I can't agree with you more Busa2. I have a 00 that I replaced my tention with an APE tentioner and have no problems in the seven hundred miles that I put on the bike since instalation. My dealer has a bunch of kids that are playing Mechanic. They do the worst work I have ever seen. I wish I lived in Texas.

2000 red and grey. 3100miles on it. Noticed a "ticking" noise when on the gas a few times on a very hot day. Nothing sense. Rode it today for about a hour after a week and a half of sitting (chicken pox of all things) no noise. I am with jonnycheese as to going with the extended warrenty, but next time my busa goes in for service, i'm having the mech take a look at it and ask about warrenty issues if i go with a manual one. Coming off from working at a suzuki/kawi dealership and now a honda one, warrenty can come down to "Who you know" at some places. Its the dealership that decides what can be warrenty or not in most cases. The "wink wink, nod nod" thing ya'know.

speed

Back