Who has the best prices

any graphic paticular?
rock.gif

I'm thinking Edwards Black (RX-7 Corsair). I don't know the size since the arai website doesn't tell you what's available. I wear an XL Shoei RF1000. What size would that be in Arai helmets?

If anyone's still on this thread, I'm kinda new and the posts have been kinda cryptic.

I'm also looking for an RX7, not sure on graphics yet, trying to find best price.

I'm guessing I need to PM someone or something?

Anyone bought one recently?  How much? where'd you get it?

My friend bought a black one BRAND new in Japan for 300,000 Won (Korea), which translates to $300 USD.

That's the cheapest I've seen it.

I'm thinking Edwards Black (RX-7 Corsair). I don't know the size since the arai website doesn't tell you what's available. I wear an XL Shoei RF1000. What size would that be in Arai helmets?
Well, I am not sure. The only way to be certain is to head into an Authorized Arai retailer, get measured and have your head looked at. With Arai it's not all about size, you also have to account for the shape of the head. Sometimes this means that the super cool RX-7 you want you really cannot have because it just doesn't fit right. BUT, if the RX7 doesn't work there are other really good options also.

If you are an XL Shoei there is a decent chance you will be a large in an Arai. But I am also willing to bet that there is a chance that your XL is too big, so you may actually get into medium... Sounds scary I know but I have fit A LOT of guys into medium and large Arais that were wearing XL or Bigger (in one case).

So go get fit by someone who's been trained, they do not neccessarily HAVE to USE A TAPE MEASURE, but a good fit should involve three or more models and a couple of sizes. REMEBER THOUGH, ARAI'S SHOULD SQUEEZE your head a bit when new, they have a dual compound liner that uses a softer interior layer that will conform itself to your cranium after a few days of use. So GET it GOOD AND TIGHT.

DON'T Be Afraid to get a bright one Either!!! It Could Save your life...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and the RX-7 Corsair Series flows more Air than ANY Helmet I have ever worn. Maybe even too much, on cool mornings my head gets chilly and the visor fogs at the slightest breath, though some of this is due to my beard. Great helmet for warm weather though, lightweight, flows alot of Air, Comfy once broken in, and Highly Visible in traffic.

I've worn Arai for the past 15 years but you might like to know:
1. Helmets sold as new can be 1, 2 or even 3 years old, the mfg date is stamped on the chin strap. Look at the date or ask the date if buying on-line.
2. The Arai-USA web site said the warranty is not valid if bought on-line (although the warranty card did not state that).
3. My experience with the Arai-USA people is that they are worse than useless. It took over 6 months of emails (they list no US phone number) and finally writing the co. president in Japan to get an OK to send the helmet in for warranty repair (a molding fell off). By then I figured if it took that much effort to reach them, I might never get the helmet back.

The Edwards replica is one of the newer ones so don't expect to get a stellar deal on one. You can buy them off of ebay but as Revlis and a few others mentioned here you really should try em on at the dealer. I had worn an older model 3XL Signet for years and Arai discontinued them this year. When I went to try on the 3XL Profile it fit like crap. But an XXL Corsair fit me like a glove, and is what I now wear. The only complaint I have about this lid is that my beard has shagged up the lining a bit around the opening. Never seen that before. This is a really nice piece of equipment though. Airflow is awesome. Some people complain about the noise but I can't tell any real difference between my Signet and the Corsair.

I've worn Arai for the past 15 years but you might like to know:
1. Helmets sold as new can be 1, 2 or even 3 years old, the mfg date is stamped on the chin strap. Look at the date or ask the date if buying on-line.
2. The Arai-USA web site said the warranty is not valid if bought on-line (although the warranty card did not state that).
3. My experience with the Arai-USA people is that they are worse than useless. It took over 6 months of emails (they list no US phone number) and finally writing the co. president in Japan to get an OK to send the helmet in for warranty repair (a molding fell off). By then I figured if it took that much effort to reach them, I might never get the helmet back.
Take it to the Authorized retailer you purchased it from for Warranty work. They should get it handled for you without hassle.

As for NOT buying your helmet from an Authorized retailer? You are on your own. Without getting sized, and without the dealer stamp on the Warranty registration card your helmet will most likely NOT be covered. LOTS of VALID reasons for this.

The Age of the helmet is important, and it's easy enough to find. Also take your warranty period (5 years) from date of purchase. It's when a helmet leaves the store that the clock starts ticking.

Also, try to avoid helmets off the show room. they have been tried on by a lot of people and besides that being NASTY, the liner can be deformed.

Cool.

thumbs-up.gif

I've got two nearly new Arai's; a black & gray Signet GTR (XL), and a blue & gray Astral-X (M). Maybe used a total of 2 hours each. Both have extra sized cheek pads and an extra shield or two. Excellent prices.

If you're interested I'll email you some pictures.

Great info guys. Thank you.

I just tried on my brother's Signet GT (XL) and it was hard to tell if it's the right size or not. It actually felt a little tight, but the next size up will most likely be too big. The opening of the helmet seems to be a lot smaller than on the Shoei, which made it very hard to squeeze my head through, but once it was on, it felt nice. All in all, it felt smaller than my Shoei, instead of being bigger like Revlis said.

I think the best thing to do is go to a dealer like you guys are suggesting. The only problem is that the nearest dealer is an hour drive away. There aren't many motorcycle dealers left here in New Orleans, and the ones that are here don't carry squat. All HJC's and Icon's.

Anyway, guess it's time for a road trip this weekend!
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|JDookie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151114082 -->

Just picked up an Arai Quannum/f for 240 shipped.....Ebay baby,This guy has more Arais then you can shake a stick at.With 99 percent positive feedback,I feel pretty good about it.But you guys got me wondering how old the helmet is.Does it really make a diff???This is my second one and I paid 425 for my first one off a dealer floor.I am buying mainly because I have a chatterbox on my other one and I cannot lock it to the bike....And for the ladies of course....Gotta keep'em SAFE
muscle.gif

Back