Who has hit a bird?

I hit a few. The nastiest was a few years back in Slovakia, when I had to clean blood and feathers from my helmet vents. The most dangerous was last year when some bird unexpectedly hit my left elbow and I almost rode off the road.

Still, the worst was in my first year of riding, also in Slovakia, got bird poop all over my visor. I was in a village, stopped on the roadside to clean myself, while the local population gathered round to make fun of me. Nowadays I'd just laugh at them, but then it felt awful.
It's actually considered Good Luck if you get shat on by a bird over here.A feathered one obviously. The other is bad luck.

I never hit a bird but I've had a bird hit me square in the chest... Hurt too!

I don’t get how so many birds, squirrels too, seem to live near the fence line on country roads. Out of all that country on the other side of the fence, they choose to live near the pavement. WTH?
I hit one squirrel while riding the concours14 out on some back roads and felt bad for the little guy but I didn’t have much space to swerve around him and with @RedBusarider behind me I was not about to slam on my brakes and cause a wreck.

I hit one squirrel while riding the concours14 out on some back roads and felt bad for the little guy but I didn’t have much space to swerve around him and with @RedBusarider behind me I was not about to slam on my brakes and cause a wreck.

I crunched one a couple weeks ago too. I’ve probably missed dozens or they’ve missed me. Depending on my speed I won’t swerve to miss anything that small.

i had a pigeon hit my shoulder at 90mph , it was like being hit by a canon ball
glad it did not hit my helmet, it could send one off

There is a clip somewhere of some poor bastard out riding getting decapitated by a wheel from the other carriageway. Not sure if fake. Filmed from headcam of the rider behind

Hitting a turkey at speed with the Clearwater Light.

DSC00574.JPG

Back