Hit a bird, sucked him in my ram-air

Taylor

Donating Member
Registered
Yesterday rode about 300 miles north with a few friends, hit some great rodes, but took interstate homeland was cutting the rug pretty good we will say,
9c58dae9.jpg

Well I saw a bird swoop down in front of me but never seen him fly past, I have a chatterbox and asked a fellow rider to look at front of bike and look to see if a bird was stuck in front or on my radiator, well going down the interstate he said he did not see any thing.

Well I went out to garage and started cleaning bike, was cleaning the front end and this is what I saw.

d8a9d6b8.jpg

30685b5c.jpg

163f619e.jpg

a814b4a4.jpg

b178fad3.jpg

Never had this happen before or ever heard about it, damn bird must not like the zx14:laugh:

And before anyone asks yes the grill Kawasaki uses is very sturdy, took a lot of effort to pull back to shape

:rofl: Those kawi's are slow enough to suck in birds!

Hey well hopefully the bird in the intake gave you a few more HP....
That looks like a mess though.. stupid birds.

OMG! I swear I hit a bird yesterday too, I looked all over for carnage.. Never looked in my ram air ducts!! I'm gonna be soooooo cranky if there is a bird in there... :banghead:

Tell Kawasaki Suzuki already killed the Blackbird! But they are after all a decade behind and just catching up and all . . . . . . . .:laugh:

i hit one a few days back in my gf car...except that one hit the bumper....flew up away from my sight and i saw it fall in my rear view mirror

Man, that sucks... Glad it went through the intake and not your face shield!

I had a turkey fly in front of me at about eye level last month. It taught me that the 14R's brakes are strong enough in stock form to lift the rear tire at 70MPH with a passenger on back. :shocked:

Was there any damage other than the intake screen?

Nope just the screen, I bent it back to stock, I did learn how to take all the plastic of today

Well I'm glad it wasn't any worse. With the size and shape of the intake, it looks like it's just waiting to pick something up.

Back