Anybody else notice the birds getting closer?

I Love My Wife

Registered
It seems to be a regular thing this season for me to get bombed by birds. I complained about it for several weeks, "just missed another one today", "had to duck my head to miss one yesterday". This was a regular thing until one Saturday a robin was so close to my head that I knew it was a robin at 9:00pm.

Two days later going to work IT HIT ME! A stinking crow went off the nose, then the mirror and my shoulder. Tough birds I tell ya, darn thing got up and left after bouncing off me. I figure I was fortunate to have been moving at less than 40 mph.

BE SAFE OUT THERE AND TRUST NO TWEETY. Rant over... for now.

Never trust a buzzard, they are used to cars going around the speed limit and like to wait to the last second. Funny you mentioned the birds it always seemed to be sort of seasonal how sometimes they would act kind of crazy and come out of nowhere.

I hit one bird 3 times with my Subi, the top lip of the hood scoop, the windshield, then got him with the spoiler. He didn't fly away....
Droid via Tapatalk

:rofl: i was coming up 46a in the jeep and had 3 turkeys fly in front of me almost took one out was funny as hell

Im noticeing in my yard the humming birds n finches not as skitish n comeing right up on my porch to hang out

When my boss first started riding she had a ninja 250 and I was riding with her and I see this bird come flying accross the road right towards her. I was praying she didn't panic and do something crazy. SHe didn't. SHe just smoked it into a plume of feathers and kept on going easy as pie. Afterwards she asked if I saw that and I said yeah, she told me that the msf instructor said that birds are squishibles and you can just run over them. lol

Last edited:
Spring is the worse time around here. Have had several shoulder strikes. I think you'll have better luck below 150, just saying :whistle:

It's true! I've got this angry blackbird (not a Honda) that divebombs me whenever I go on a bicycle ride, it's wierd, I have no interest in its nest!

On the way to work Tuesday morning at sunrise, I glanced two off of me and barely missed a third. This was all within a half mile of each other. The first glanced off the left side of my helmet, not a hundred yards later and one off my left hand. The last one flew up in front of the bike just missing me. All three were sitting in the road as I approached. I've hit probably 7 or 8 over the past couple of years, probably killing half of them. No big deal anymore.

Almost smoked on this morning on my way to work, got home to find a HUGE mess on the side of my truck...Think he knew where i lived

I know a guy that topped a back roads hill, already at speed , saw several buzzards at bottom of the road that were way on out there over 1/8 mile and, he pinned the throttle. This was years ago .

One of them was a little late hearing that bike coming. What a mid summer mess .:laugh:

Way funnier now than it was for him at the time .

Back