WHO DOES NOT LIKE T.R.E.s

I've got a tree that provides a home for a beautiful wood pecker.
I wish my pecker was made of wood.

sad.gif

Oh, and I too have a a GI-Pro TRE.
There is certainly a noticable difference on a street bike, but they may be an issue with a drag bike.
Anyway, money well spent for me.

I have a GI pro ATRE and a PC3. I did notice that before I could power the wheel up in first gear at about 15 mph when I release and crack the throttle, but now it is harder and I need to be going around 30-35 mph before it will want to come up. It may have something to do with the custom map that was made. I only have yosh R-22 cans, PC3,a nd gi pro. I may need to get a new map.

My bro has only a PC3 on his busa and his pulls up just fine no issues. I thought it may have something to due with the PC3, but I am not sure.

I remember when sportbike rider magazine did a track and dyno test with the 01 busa and ZX12. I believe they had Shine riding them. They used the tre on the busa with a positive improvement over the stock limited speed. The 12 used the yellow box to recal. the speedo. I am keeping mine on. Anyway I already tested it against an 02. It works just fine for me!

If you want a band-aid to remove the top speed governor, a TRE will work.  However, long term they are complete JUNK IMO!  To solve the real problem, you need the GPS sensor mod from JohnnyCheese or boostbysmith...  
thumb_up.gif

I LOST almost 2-tenths on the drag strip with the TRE in place.  Never had it on the dyno but the track results were enough for me to toss it...

I dont race. But I do ride my bike all through towns and even cross country. If there is a loss in power I never noticed it. Doesnt matter if this bike is dragging an anchor its still sick fast! What it did for me was smooth everything out and make take offs from stop like butter. For me it was money well spent.

I noticed a positive difference when I installed mine. As said above it did smooth take offs, and on really hot days I can remove it and sit under it for shade!
thumb_up.gif
laugh.gif

zzwhip.gif
AM -->
The Big Red One @ Feb. 16 2008 said:
1298193[/ATTACH] AM]
zzwhip.gif
AM -->
SAMBUSA @ Feb. 16 2008 said:
1298193[/ATTACH] AM]
Absolutely love trees. They provide a great wind break in the winter and shade in the hot summer months.  I've got a tree right now that provides a home for a beautiful wood pecker.
thumb_up.gif
 tree's make good shade, good lumber, and good firewood....but they don't belong on a busa  
winkold.gif
 I tried one...it sucked...so off it came  
laugh.gif
I never tried one on the busa but,where else would you cook marshmellows and drink beer if we diddn't have trees to make firewood?
winkold.gif
On the side of a 14
dunno.gif
If the grille breaks you have one on the other side also.
winkold.gif

zzwhip.gif

zzwhip.gif

zzwhip.gif

winkold.gif

winkold.gif

1ST QUESTION: why would you need a TRE on a drag bike! if you dont have crazy rwhp(300-400rwhp)..chances are your not gonna hit 186mph in the 1/4mile anyway!! tell me if im wrong here?

2nd Question: theres a little button on the bottom of the GIPRO if you dont want to run the TRE,just press the button and when you want to run the TRE then just press the button.am i missing something?

I have a GIPRO on my bike,not because i need or desire on a regular basis to go over 186mph(because there really is no room on the HW for it) ,its on there to smooth out 1st and 2ng gear which it does dramatically

1ST QUESTION: why would you need a TRE on a drag bike! if you dont have crazy rwhp(300-400rwhp)..chances are your not gonna hit 186mph in the 1/4mile anyway!! tell me if im wrong here?

2nd Question: theres a little button on the bottom of the GIPRO if you dont want to run the TRE,just press the button and when you want to run the TRE then just press the button.am i missing something?

I have a GIPRO on my bike,not because i need or desire on a regular basis to go over 186mph(because there really is no room on the HW for it) ,its on there to smooth out 1st and 2ng gear which it does dramatically
plus it gives you a gear indicator.

1: It was thought to remove the restriction in the lower gears to get more power and/or a quicker launch in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears. 6th gear isn't the only gear limited...
winkold.gif

2: How much is the GIPRO...? The problem here is that a .10$ resistor will do the same thing as the TRE, GIPRO, whatever you pick. Why pay more $$ for something that does so little...?
sad.gif

The last part you posted about smoothing out the lower end, I won't answer. There is to much debate on this already and everyone has there own opinion. I don't think we need another 10+ page thread on the topic when it's been discussed before hundreds of times, sorry. I'm going to...
shutup.gif

IMO...the GPS mod and a TRUE PC map/tune is the only real solution but others don't think so....

Go get your Busa!  I'm suprised you aren't camping out on the steps in Toledo.  Southside wouldn't match thier price?

I've heard that the TRE slows a Busas down when dragracing. I have had one on mine since 2000 and it runs 8.90s at stock wheelbase. I've ran without it and didn't gain anything ET or MPH. It just felt better down low when riding on the street with it and I haven't taken it off.

Go get your Busa! I'm suprised you aren't camping out on the steps in Toledo. Southside wouldn't match thier price?
laugh.gif

Heck, South side wouldn't even go below MSRP.
sad.gif
I'm saving $1,600 by driving to Toledo...
winkold.gif

Tomorrow's a busy day and then school, work, etc. so I'll get pics up as soon as I can...
beerchug.gif

Back