power commanders

flitemedic13

Registered
just wondering what the real diffrence is between the 2 versions PCIIIusb and PCIIIr...on the website it just says u can make additional fuel adjustments to the ignition with the IIIr.....im not really sure what that means, but whatever...they dont get into specifics, so i was wonderin from u guys..is there any advantage to having the IIIr over the IIIusb, if your just an average joe rider with a few light mods and aftermarket exhaust? does it create anymore HP or torque with either version? which do u guys have or have u switched to the other? thanks
guns.gif

i had a pcIIIr on my GSXR 750, but on my BUSA I have the PCIIIusb. ( I figured since my bike was already fuel injected, buying the " r " would be a waste of money. Honestly, my bike is running amazing right now, couldn't see how I could score any extra horsepower outta goin with the r version.

you can get more HP and torque (if you have a good tuner) with an R but you can mapp each cylinder with the USB (if you have the $$$$$) and you map every 250 rpm instead of every 500 like the R model. PS R models are discontiuned as well as PC2

I didn't know they discontinued the "R" versions... damn

hmmm does that mean it would be better to get the usb since the other one is discontinued? and does that mean there will be another, better one out soon? how does PC compare with yoshi EMS ?

you can get more HP and torque (if you have a good tuner) with an R but you can mapp each cylinder with the USB (if you have the $$$$$) and you map every 250 rpm instead of every 500 like the R model. PS R models are discontiuned as well as PC2
On PC website they have a chart for which PC to use with different years of the BUSA.
For the '02 they say to use the PC2, but now it's discontinued?
Will a PC# USB work on my bike?

so which would u buy if u could..or do you guys have one and wanted the other at all? what about yoshi ems also? they are pretty pricey ive seen and i guess do just the same as the pc's, but not sure if anyone uses them....

go with the USB, it has stuff u can add on to it. like a shifter.. it automatically shifts up for u at the rpm u choose. ive been told they are gonna be coming out with more add on stuff also.

go with the USB, it has stuff u can add on to it. like a shifter.. it automatically shifts up for u at the rpm u choose. ive been told they are gonna be coming out with more add on stuff also.
just to get this correct, didn't know if you missed something or not but it won't shift for you, this allows for a full throttle clutchless upshift. Very cool, planing on adding this.

I've been doing a bit a research on the PC IIIr vs III USB, vs. EMS.

I got an e-mail that the EMS version that worked on the Busa is no longer available, and the new one isn't available yet (didn't get a ETA). So that pretty much rules out the EMS unless you find an old one.

If you have a stock engine, why bother with the IIIr, unless you REALLY plan on getting new pistons, valves, etc. Plus the USB version is supposed to have a timing add-on later this year.

Lastly from people that I've talked to or articles I've read, the USB version seems to be more user-friendly.

My $0.02. Good luck with your decision.

Back