Which turbo kit to pick?

those are lovily pic m8ty n1,looks sweet as hell
wink.gif

knowing absoloutly less than nothing about turbos.. I feel qualified to post here..

I say the ghetto.. cuz it's got a cooler name than most of them.

knowing absoloutly less than nothing about turbos.. I feel qualified to post here..

I say the ghetto.. cuz it's got a cooler name than most of them.
Hey back when i was growing up ghetto always ment jimmy rig'd or some type of home made ####

same comment ... find a quality installer near you and see what he sells. sometimes installs and tuning can be a @#$@#. these kits seem easy but there is always the little things that get you. fuel line kinks or leaks here or there that you miss.

also better to get as much kit as you can afford then to try to upgrade in a year. usually cheaper to buy the stage II if your going there anyway.

ok cool..i should of bought a turbo first instead of 5 grand worth of chrome. thats ok thats this winter project...if i can find a tuner around my area

same comment ... find a quality installer near you and see what he sells.  sometimes installs and tuning can be a @#$@#.  these kits seem easy but there is always the little things that get you.  fuel line kinks or leaks here or there that you miss.
Unless you can do the install and tune yourself this is probably the biggest down side to installing a turbo...The what if's...You stand a chance that something albeit minor could throw the entire setup off and cause you a pain staking amount of time and effort to correct it especially if you don't know what your looking for at the onset...It is critical that you be within a resonable distant of an installer/tuner if you not doing it yourself...

Hows reliablity can you run it at 8k for an afternoon without any adverse effects? Did you get your water prob fixed cecil?

also better to get as much kit as you can afford then to try to upgrade in a year.  usually cheaper to buy the stage II if your going there anyway.
Another good point...Lot's of us settle on the thought that a basic kit is plenty without giving thought to the possibility of wanting more down the road...It's more cost efficient if you install a kit that is capable of more HP in the beginning than to try and upgrade a basic kit for more HP down the road...The trick is simply this...Buy more HP up front and just keep the boost level low say 6 or 8 pds and when you decided that you want more just swap a spring and your done...

Hows reliablity can you run it at 8k for an afternoon without any adverse effects? Did you get your water prob fixed cecil?
Since I've gotten everything straight I have had zero problems with the turbo or the bike...It responds like a charm...The maintenance is no more than a stock bike...However I do check the hoses and fitting to ensure that they are in good condition and tight...And yes you can ride at 8k all day and the bike not suffer...And Cecil did get that resolved on the bike...

Big quest9ion is how many miles do you have on the bike?? The reason i ask this is because of your comment "The bike is pretty fast" Lots of things to think about with a Turbo. You may not need the power, or you may want more bottome power from motor. Just things to think about.

5k on chrome... jesus man.. get it together!

your priorities are screwed up.

Not really girls like things that shine....dimonds, platinum, and chrome. Must have gotten beaten up on by a liter bike and relized buys dont care about cute only fast

Not really girls like things that shine....dimonds, platinum, and chrome.  Must have gotten beaten up on by a liter bike and relized buys dont care about cute only fast
Ain't no damn boys up in here!!!
Guys boys males....shid humans with balls!
You cannot explain your way out of this one...Too much testosterone to deal with...

very true..i got alot of good attention because of my chrome. it truly does look good...so now speed is next. and yes a R1 gave me a good run and he had a few mods. but why would u say my priorties are screwed up? I like my bike looking good just parked there also.

very true..i got alot of good attention because of my chrome. it truly does look good...so now speed is next. and yes a R1 gave me a good run and he had a few mods. but why would u say my priorties are screwed up? I like my bike looking good just parked there also.
Your priorities are just that YOUR PRIORITIES, and that is the way it should be. That is what makes all of our bikes a little different. Hey I even heard from some people that they hate the Green color of the Dragon. Can you imagine that.
wow.gif

Always stick to what you like..........
biggrin.gif

Back