Which turbo kit to pick?

dkhl

Registered
I'm looking for more power out of my busa, I bought it and it's already pretty fast but I'd like to turbo it :p.. not to mention it's the only Turbo motorcycle in my area that I've ever seen.

I've been looking at a few companies, I'd like a turbo kit in this order:

1. Power - Something that will make gobs of power, or potential for it if I ever do need it.
2. Quality - This is second, I don't need something that will brake down, but I understand that when your making high horespower, it is to be expected.
3. Value - This isn't really an issue, but I don't want to be spending excessive amounts for an inferior kit, if it costs a shitload, and it's good quality I understand..

If anybody can make any suggestions, that's great. I've been looking into Turbo Kits from Mr. Turbo and Velocity Racing, both look semi-promising.

Quality should be your #1 priority...Power 2nd and cost #### throw that out the window...Read the threads in this section and do all the research you can...I have no more to offer...

<!--EDIT|STUNNAH
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119365544 -->

I'm looking for more power out of my busa, I bought it and it's already pretty fast but I'd like to turbo it :p.. not to mention it's the only Turbo motorcycle in my area that I've ever seen.

I've been looking at a few companies, I'd like a turbo kit in this order:

1. Power - Something that will make gobs of power, or potential for it if I ever do need it.
2. Quality - This is second, I don't need something that will brake down, but I understand that when your making high horespower, it is to be expected.
3. Value - This isn't really an issue, but I don't want to be spending excessive amounts for an inferior kit, if it costs a shitload, and it's good quality I understand..

If anybody can make any suggestions, that's great. I've been looking into Turbo Kits from Mr. Turbo and Velocity Racing, both look semi-promising.
Quality, Power and endless budget?
rock.gif

3 letters!!!!

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>N-----L-----R</span>

That's it!!!?? That's all you guys have to offer?
rock.gif
Come on now... do it for me won't you? I love the Turbo forum now more than ever.

Did you do the install or did motorhead do the install...how about some pricing and differnet available options
wink.gif

Not that i want one just helping the newbie out

Did you do the install or did motorhead do the install...how about some pricing and differnet available options
wink.gif

Not that i want one just helping the newbie out
by the color of the vaccuum lines, it looks like he did it himself or had another installer do it..... dennis usually only uses black lines.

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120865711 -->

Your right about the differences between a Ghetto and everything else.
I did the install myself.
I upgraded most of the hoses that come with the kit. Soft pliable simple rubber hoses do not belong on a high performance vehicle.
Mad`

Call Dennis Clanton, AKA Motorhead. He will tell you the prices for his kits. If your just a tire kicker I wouldn't bother him. 216-798-1958

Mad`

Call Dennis Clanton, AKA Motorhead. He will tell you the prices for his kits. If your just a tire kicker I wouldn't bother him. 216-798-1958

Mad`
could you give an estimate for about what you paid so he can decide if he should call or not

Estimate? 4 to 10 thousand.
I don't like telling people what I paid for stuff and I think it's downright rude to ask.
Mad`

Estimate? 4 to 10 thousand.
I don't like telling people what I paid for stuff and I think it's downright rude to ask.
Mad`
whys is that? What difference does it make its not like youre giving your soc sec number or something...oh well to eaches own

I have a Velocity Racing Stage 2 with Dual Ball Bearing GT25R, Water Injection and Lowered Compresion.

Velocity builds a good product.

Know what you are getting into... be sure it's what you want.

My 2 cents... go with a kit that has good support close to home.

Here's a few pics of my set-up:
BikePics.com

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

<!--EDIT|Cecil_Stringer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120919730 -->

Back