Which tires?

twisterst4

Registered
I need a new set of tires. What would you recommend for decent traction and good mileage? I would like them to last more than 4000 miles. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

I've got a little over 4K miles on my stock rear and just ordered another which should be here any day. I've probably got another 1000 miles left in my original so I'll get a few more small trips in before slapping on the new one. Overall I've been happy with the BT56 and since the front is still like new I figured why waste $$$ on a new pair of something else.

Once the new one wears out, the front will be ready for replacement too. At that time I'm definitely going for the Avon AV45 and AV46 set. I think 8K to 10K on the rear would be quite possible. From what I hear they stick reasonably well too...so when you get out of these boring Northern Indiana roads and head down south you can still have a bit of fun.

So where ya located? I'm in Hebron.

Avons for mileage. Better performance than many of us need too, although it's hard for some to admit it
smile.gif
I went with the ST in the rear and the SP up front to get more even wear. Can't hurt to have a tad softer front compound...

<!--EDIT|Ironbrad
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114652578 -->

I have the Avon's and highly recommend them. I have about 6000 miles on them and they look like they will go another 2 or 3 grand. Sticky enough for me (I'm not a kneedragger, though I dont have any chicken strips left).

with the stock bt 56j tyre I am lucky to get 2000 miles.With the Avon I can get 4000 miles,but not great in the rain.

I need a new set of tires. What would you recommend for decent traction and good mileage? I would like them to last more than 4000 miles. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave
Very general question. What tires you have right now, and what you don't like about them (you obviously need more mileage)? Are you a straight line junky, or like twisties?

I think Busa's eat tires for breakfest. And, there is no way around it.
sad.gif
But, that's why we like them, right?
biggrin.gif

Since you mentioned it, I checked my records. Got about 2k on the new set of BT56, and the rear is only good for another track day. Damn!

Thanks for all the info. I think I might go with the Avons. I put a pair on my Blackbird, but I got rid of it soon after.

How in the h** are you guys getting that kind of mileage? I admit, I ride hard....yet to get more then 2500 miles on any tire. For me, 95% twisties, M1 sportech is the tire. Wonderful on damp/wet roads, great high speed stability, stick like my 6 yr old's snot to a dry road. Expect 2k out of your rear. Cheap, $127/$77 at my local shop.

next time i get new tires i think im going with more of a sport touring, in the new CWmag. pierelles(spelling)have a new sport touring tire.

Pirelli Diablos - Best tyres I've ever had
Now on my 3rd front and 5th rear
get about 9000ks out of a front, 4000 - 5000 kls out of a rear ( unless two up touring )

I got about 7k front and rear on my Pilot Sports when i had my SV1000s.. i then bought Pilot Powers.. solid tire .instant stick good wet weather traction .. im planning on The powers once my stock Busa tires wear out or maybe sooner.

The Busa uses tires pretty quick ... i thought the stock BT.. tires were pretty hard and only 3-5k .. So thats what Horsepower and TQ will do to tires .. hehehe

Just put on a set of Avons on. Only have about 300 miles on them, but definately like them better already than the BT56's.  
thumbs-up.gif

<!--EDIT|BLKBLU04
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114746371 -->

Back