Which Mra X-creen?

Yes they do . I have the extra large one now so the one you see on my bird in the video did really well , but was moved to my wife's Bandit .
She has a more vertical style windscreen so it added just what she wanted in looks / wind deflection .
The larger MRA model does very well for me . However at one time I owned the MRA full Vario screen that did not work for me as it was to low , and any change to the Vario wing just made buffeting very bad . With the tall Zero Gravity tour screen / MRA X screen teamed together its great .
On one note there is some wind screen flex that occurs at high speed . It took me a bit to learn to ignore it while riding .
Wonder if this would fix the wind buffeting that drives me crazy. I’m to the point that I enjoy riding the DR650 if I want a quiet ride, becasue since it doesn’t have a screen, it’s clean quiet air hitting my helmet. I gave up on windscreens on the busa and just left the touring screen on so that I have more room behind the screen. I’m 5’10” and have riser block helibars on mine. I’ll have to look into this after the holidays.

Well 172 GPS with the bags on, and it's still there. I honestly like the smaller unit for looks and it did the job. My super Wife figured I would want the bigger model ( I did want to try it) but I never would of tried the large one had the Pugi worked for her bike.

In terms of wind buffeting, I think the buffeting is caused by helmet shapes not being wind tunnel tested, and also cheap helmets have a very large shell with a lot of padding to make the helmet fit. The large shell will create buffeting. I purchased a Strada II Sedici helmet, which is very similar to a GT Air 2, but is only 1/3 of the price. With the stock windscreen the helmet slices through the air like a knife. But with an old cheap full face helmet I have, the helmet will start buffetting at normal highway speeds. The Strada II is a very small helmet. It also has a spoiler on the back. The Strada II is super slick in the air stream. With the Zero Gravity touring windshield, I actually get a little buffeting with the Strada II helmet, but it only happens briefly and only with certain head positions and only when above normal speeds. At 70mph, it's glassy calm. I'm 5'11" with very long arms, and very short torso.

Back