Which looks better : Muzzy or Yosh?

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
Ok I wasn't going to do it but now I changed my mind, I am adding a full exhaust system.

Its down to either a Muzzy system with a round can or a Yoshimura RS-3...

These are just weak photochops so the placement is not exact but it gives a rought idea of how they will look.

Give me your opinions.

Also how are the welds on these two exhausts?

thanks

I actually like the round Muzzy myself but I think the Yoshimura looks classier and will probably sell better if I sell my bike or the system. Also I think the Yosh has a polished mid-pipe.

Ive seen Cashe's bike and I just love the small round look the Muzzy has, I also like the exit pipe.

BTW I was going to go with a cheaper carbon fiber can but after seeing one up close yesterday ive decided I dont really care for carbon fiber unless its been heavily polished and clearcoated...which is $$.

Well I just went ahead and pulled the trigger .... NIB Yosh RS-3 system and PC3.

I have heard the Yosh is great sounding so thats enough for me to slide over to Yosh though I doubt I could
have gone wrong with either.

thanks

I do not think you will be dissapointed man. Yosh has a quiet low growl when it's in low rpms but as soon as you hit your midrange its like holy F*CK! It SCREAMS

See my post on the muzzy exhaust, I love the C/F on the Black and Red.

I have the same system you bought. I didn't like the sound until I gutted it, some guys don't like the way it sounds now. I've never heard a Muzzy on a Busa, so I can't speak to that, but I like them on everything else I've heard. BTW Bent, weren't you the one who said exhausts don't make that mch difference? LOL

Yeah, they dont do anything but look good, why go the full route!!!
biggrin.gif

Think the Yosh looks better, but from a cost perspective you can't beat the Muzzy.

BTW Bent, weren't you the one who said exhausts don't make that mch difference? LOL
>>>>>>>

No that wasnt me.

While I might be mostly a parts changer I am an ASE certified mechanic, just 2 shy of a Master Cert...yeah that dont mean much and I wont proclaim to be very good at what I do but I get by and it pays the bills.

Anyhow my point is I do at least understand basic engine logic and know that the more air that can flow thru it the more work(hp) it will do.

There are so many variables though that is not even funny, one thing is certain though, 5-10hp extra on a bike that already has ~155hp is not going to make that big of a difference. I am doing this for sound and looks with HP as a added benefit.

I said:
None of the exhaust upgrades are going to make a night and day difference, IMO if your just doing it for cosmetics then get what you like best.
>>>>>>>>

Ok , yes you are correct then .,...they dont make MUCH of a difference.  I suppose if you consider 5-10hp much then yes.

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116920912 -->

Bent, I ain't trying to bash you dude, just glad you've seen the light. BTW, you'll see more than a 5 hp increase with a yosh full system and a good map.

Back